• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Scott Montes wrote:

It has gone from Magnificent, to Breathe, to No Line....now its:

UNKNOWN CALLER.

Crank it loud...amazing sounds...the Edge and Eno went to town on this one...love it!!!

You know...Unknown Caller is really a fantastic song, I've been listening to it over and over again all weekend. The song is really powerful and it says somuch and in a very simple way. The same for the music, it's like an opera. A rock opera, they could make this song into a movie. I really dig the"Rise Up, Reboot yourself" The song is something we all need to hear. Unless, we're all perfect. So, I'll keep listening to it a lot!!

• Subscriber

Thanks, and about Muse, I didn't really get into them until I saw the Live Wembley Stadium DVD. Check that one out!

and yeah.........It seems some U2 fan have similar tastes, because we're all cool! Just like our band! glasses.gif

• Subscriber

When I first bought the album I thought moment of surrender. Then it became Magnificent and No line, However recently I found some solace in Breathe. With

everything that is going on in my personal it fits in with whats going on with me.

• Subscriber

pinman78 wrote:

When I first bought the album I thought moment of surrender. Then it became Magnificent and No line, However recently I found some solace in Breathe. With everything that is going on in my personal it fits in with whats going on with me.

When I listen to Breathe, I see Bono or someone walking through the streets of somewhere heavily populated with people everywhere, coming in atyou, and trying to convince you or persuade you of something. Maybe trying to sell you something, they think you need. But as he is walking out in the sunburststreets he is a confident person and knows that nothing else matters in this life, you have life, you are alive and breath, breathe now and that music is likegrace, we hear it and it saves us. It's in our heads and hearts now, just like how we have oxygen to breath the air.

What an amazing tapestry of drama and emotion as seen through the eyes of an embedded reporter. The resignation in Bono's voice is an amzing portrayal of

isolation and desolation, and Larry's phenomenal taste throughout the song but particularly when the subject is pontificating on one's choice of

enemies keeping a military precision drum beat before laying out and then the song ends. I can't remember such unbridled emotion on a U2 record (always at

a concert but not so much on record) since at least Joshua Tree and I for one am glad for this record as it shows they still have so much left to offer.