is brian eno, lanois really

shamrock778

neither, they are studio collaborators, haven't seen the album credits yet, but I think 10 of 12 songs on No Line, Lanois and Eno receive songwritingcredit. As far as touring, the 5th member is Terry Lawless, who plays keys, triggers sequencers and all that electronic mumbo jumbo offstage... funny thing, hegrew up in Council Bluffs Iowa, about 60 miles from where I'm typing this.

As far as who does what, compare No line on the horizon to other albums these two have produced.... I'll give you a couple, Peter Gabriel's So and Us(D. Lanois) and for Brian Eno listen to Talking Heads Remain in Light and David Byrne/Brian Eno Everything that happens will happen today, or Spinner, the dische collabed w/ Jah Wabble about 10 years ago.

I'm listening to Here comes the warm jets right now... tah tah for now.

I love Public Image. I wold love to see/hear a conversation between Bono and Johnny Rotten....

Does anyone know that that Bono and Sid Vicious share something in common?

Guess I should introduce myself...been a fan since 1980/81...used to be a member of Propaganda....stayed aaway from U2.com for a bit, membership expired andhad to resubscribe...I think I used to be redheadzrule or something involving red heads, LOL.

• Subscriber

yeah eno/lanois aren't members perse, but they def. got a nod with the song writing credits this album, cause they have cowritten before i believe, could

be mistaken. either way, they are indespensible.

LOL yeah, born and/or grew up in Iowa, but now we have him here on the Central Coast of Cali. Lucky us! Terry is a modest and humble individual who puts you atease when you enter his studio. He is approachable and human, unlike others I have met of his caliper.

See his website at http://www.terrylawless.com and click "peruse my resume" to discover what a genuinemusical genius and phenomonon he is. It may come as some surprise how this unsung hero ties in to many hit albums and top artists in the recording industry.

I have kind of seen Eno as an automatic 5th member of U2 since Achtung/Passengers, honestly. Eno and u2 are musical soul-mates.

Just as Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry are all obvious musical soul-mates. That's definately a God-driven fate they were all to find eachother, man.

And Lanois.. I really never thought about it, but honestly, yes.. he fits that U2 family perfectly. He's the softer soul of the soul.

And sorry Sham, don't think Larry will let you in. he's already got enough to babysit.. given him having to deal with Bono and Adam all the time.hahahahahahahaha

(just being funny.. do not take offense...)