I'm freaking out

wahine

Wow, my son's life just changed bigtime! He just won the Quiksilver King of the Peak (The premier surfing event) and Kelly Slater gave him his own award of the Most Experi*Mental* Award, Kelly is shaping my son his own board. Kelly Slater does not shape surfboards. The whole surf industry is freaking out because they have to learn this new trick my son invented. It's kinda freaky seeing my son on ESPN dressed as a KING. LOL. It's just so crazy that the surf industry is claiming my son is responsible for the changing of the "Royal Court". You have to understand the surf industry to understand what happened this weekend but basically He has arrived. By far I think one of the coolest things was him standing in my living room and I don't listen past the first three songs on the new album and he said let it play I want to hear Unknown Caller. I was like what?  He picked up his surfboard put his head against it and just started swaying to the music. Then he said this song is so heavy. I took him to the Pop Tour when he was tiny. I just didn't realize my son was still really listening to U2. He then proceeded to sing along to I'll Go Crazy (I should have taken a video of it) shaking his surfboard seeing I know I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight. Winning the Quiksilver contest this weekend was incredible spiritual, it was all the world champs gathered for a surfers/media event to see where surfing will be going for the next 20 years and there is my son winning everything now named by the surfing industry as "The King" IT'S FREAKING CRAZY!!!!!

• Subscriber

Congratulations! Your thread is making me smile from ear to ear...

My daughter and I share the U2 love...when she was a teenager she avoided them like the plague though...so not cool to be into the same music as your mom! Now she's the one that's running down to the rail to get closer to Bono when we see them live....

but...

her mom's right behind her! Lol!

Congrats once again to you and your son!!! :)