All Whites South Africa 2010 Bound

zoocat

• Subscriber
smile.gifHi Everyone, I am very happy to inform you that us Kiwis will be represented at next years Fifa World Cup in South Africa after a hard fought win over Bahrain at Westpac Stadium in Wellington tonight. We scored a headed goal through Rory Fallon, who,s Father Kevin was Assistant coach to the All Whites when they qualified back in 1982. A really joyous night here in New Zealand. Cheers boys you did it!

• Subscriber

Last time we were in a group with Brazil , Ussr and Scotland, I think it would be neat to have Australia and New Zealand with England and say the Ivory Coast. This might give us or Aussie a fair shot at reaching the next round. But its so good to be there it wont matter who we meet. We won our World Cup Final tonight.

• Subscriber

Congrats to New Zealand. Now I know one our Bhoys will going to the World Cup next year - Chris Killen. I don't know why this guy can't get a game with Celtic. He did well in the pre-season but when the season actually started, he's either on the bench or sitting in the stands.

Sadly Scotland couldn't make it - again!!! Maybe next time?

This is the best thing about the World Cup is to watch teams like New Zealand, Ivory Coast; North Korea playing against Brazil; Germany; Italy and winning 1-0.

I think it'll be either between Brazil or Holland who will it in 2010, dark horse I think will be Ivory Coast.

Good luck New Zealand.

• Subscriber
smile.gifI would really be happy to see Ireland knock over the French, Ireland always cause a few surprises at the Cup, so having them there would raise the level of play among other teams making a good spectacle.

• Subscriber

He didnt get many clear chances on goal, but his work off the ball and keeping the Bahrain defence on their toes was first rate, Rory,s goal was a beauty, yes I think Brazil and Holland will do well. I also think Ghana will be very dangerous opponents to whoever they face up to as well, should be a cracking tournament,cheers.