Marriage , separated or divorced

123love

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that supposed to be funny? Sick.
What was funny?  What was sick?  It's not the 17 words alone that should solicit a judgement.  It's the reason behind  the words. 17 years I spent in fear.  17 years I feared the wrath of my wife. 26 years ago I married a woman I thought I wanted to be with for the rest of my life. We married on my 28th birthday.

Life was good.  The sun seemed to look down on us with a broad smile. But then, one day it went down in the sky and never came back.  The beatings started.  At first I thought it was just her way at being dominant because it started in the bedroom.  But soon it crept into the living room, the kitchen, and the hallway. We were only married a year when they started.

When I came home from work.  When I lost my job.  When I forgot to put out the thrash.  When the TV remote went missing.  She was unrelenting.  And you call me sick?

My greatest fear was leaving the woman.  It took me 16 years before I plucked up the courage to tell anyone about it.  I was glad I did.  Soon I got the help and assistance to do what needed to be done.

We got divorced May 12 2000.  It was a Friday.  It was a beautiful sultry day.  When I came out of the courthouse the sun had returned with a renewed smile.  I knew I had done the right thing.

It didn't end there.  I knew it wouldn't. She would sit in her car and watch where I went.  She watched my every move and every now and then she would corner me on the street and create a scene.  Being a man, I was always looked on as being the criminal in each of the situations.

On a rainy day in November 2001.  It was a Saturday.  November 3rd it was.  I had planned a trip to Montreal to meet a girl I met online.  I didn't realise at the time but my ex-wife followed me to Montreal.  This time she had planned to kill me.  She had found out about this other women and she didn't want me to be happy.  She was used to making my life a misery.  It had become a habit to her.  Like nicotine.

At 12.37pm, on Route 87 just before the American/Canadian Border, she was struck by an articulated truck that had lost control due to the very wet surface of the road. She was killed instantly. 

I didn't find out until a week later.  2 uniformed police officers called to my house to inform me that they had good reason to believe that I would have been murdered the previous week.  My ex-wife had left a suicide note in her car explaining what she was going to do, how she was going to do and the reason for it.

She was a sick women who had lost total grasp of reality.  Love to her had become a form of torture.  In her letter she stated that she loved me and only wanted the best for me.  Because I left her, she was going to kill me, and then herself, so we could be together forever in heaven.

She went there alone on that fateful day.

I am a very happy man who is still alive because of that truck.

• Subscriber

I got married once and all I can say is never again. I'm happy being single, and only having friends in my life. Am too old for all that to begin anything again (52 soon). As a disabled veteran, I got enough money to live on and can see U2 anywhere I want (in moderation), so life is good. Seeing them 3 times next year, in Denver, Chicago and Philly. And got GA tickets for all :) So, that my 2 cents. (Or is it 10? Darn economy). Hahahahaha.

Katie

I am sorry to hear about all you went through.  When I read your first post, I knew there had to be something more, for you to say that. So I do not blame you for feeling that way about your ex-wife.  God works in mysterious ways,  right?

Katie

Thank you Katie.  I think one has a different perspective on life when death is following you.  I'm sure you are well aware of that what with being a war hero. Maybe your disability is the result of escaping death's clutches?  You too, seem too enjoy life and enjoy U2.

I enjoy life now.  I'm single and I am happy where I am right now.  I have a talent for painting, photgraphy and music.  I've been involved in the music industry for 33 years.  I only discovered the joy of painting and photography in recent times. Now, I spend less time working and more time capturing the world and it's people on canvas and through my lens. 

Life is glorious and so are the people who make it so.

• Subscriber

Badcompletely , I know all about misunderstanding as well , so im with you , your not sick at all.........

Enjoy u2's music...........

But God does not kill others  , thats not one of his mysterious ways , please dont insult love like that, its obvious she was sick , and God is understanding to all and not partial after all he created all life , not for the purpose of waste as people think , its how people can destroy that life by the way it is raised or disturbed which produces a rotten flower not necessarily her fault , she could have secrets nobody knows...... She simply was at the wrong place , and at the wrong time.......To understand that is to be crazy , I know , but evil does lurk in the world and affects us all in different ways and has seemed to get the more technical and misunderstanding approach............Believe it or not she will get her second chance when she is raised by God , and by then all her sickness and problems will not be called to mind , she will be as you could call it , perfect.........Isaih 65;17

1 John 4;8 He that does not love has not come to know God , because God is love.....

James 1;13.......