White as Snow...spiritual masterpiece

voxxiegirl

• Subscriber

Only the lamb as white as snow . . . I love this song and, yes, for me it is a spiritual song. Are you a paid member? If so, we have been discussing it in the No Line on the Horizon folder . . . come on over :) :) :)

Not sure if it's a "spiritual masterpiece" but I think it's the most underrated song on NLOTH - I actually tend to think overall that it is the best song on the album. It is basically a country/folk song, but Bono's voice is VERY good on this song, it's a very touching, beautiful and restrained piece - territory the band rarely stray into - and for those reasons I like it.

Not sure if it's a "spiritual masterpiece" but I think it's the most underrated song on NLOTH - I actually tend to think overall that it is the best song on the album. It is basically a country/folk song, but Bono's voice is VERY good on this song, it's a very touching, beautiful and restrained piece - territory the band rarely stray into - and for those reasons I like it.
I also think it is underrated. I have been listening to it a lot lately and also think it is one of the best on the album...Bonos voice is what gets me!

I think it is very spiritual and about Jesus (lamb as white as snow).

Only the lamb as white as snow . . . I love this song and, yes, for me it is a spiritual song. Are you a paid member? If so, we have been discussing it in the No Line on the Horizon folder . . . come on over :) :) :)
No I am not a paid member :( it cost too much for me and I don't really use the benefits of the subscription, like presale codes, email etc. so apart from extra access on the message board I don't really see the benefit for me.

I would love to have read the discussion though. Thanks for the invite.

I think the song is about christianity.

• Subscriber
I think it's the best song on nloth, unfortunately they didn't write it... only the lyrics were written.

maybe that  explains my feelings (or lack of feelings )about this song, i said it before; the lyrics i like, but the music, or better the rhytme ,doesn't work for me... i usually skip it (first U2-song ever i 've done this with..)

I give it another chance now and then but it doesn't help much eyes.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='glasses.gifglasses.gifbarbara1 wrote:

Frankaz']I think it's the best song on nloth, unfortunately they didn't write it... only the lyrics were written.

maybe that  explains my feelings (or lack of feelings )about this song, i said it before; the lyrics i like, but the music, or better the rhytme ,doesn't work for me... i usually skip it (first U2-song ever i 've done this with..)

I give it another chance now and then but it doesn't help much eyes.gif. . .  Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel and Bono gave it new lyrics.