Why no more Uk dates?

Cheekita1

I havent been on for a while so apologies if this has already been discussed. I know Oz are waiting for dates and so is SA. However the UK got 5 gigs plus the croke ones. Is that it? for the country where they became famous? for their "homeland"? why would this be, why do the US get another leg, is it money? im genuinely curious, ok and a little disgruntled. laugh.gif

thoughts?

• Subscriber

I think Larry has said that they would like the tour to end in Ireland, didn't he? I have been wondering if they will end up announcing something at the end of the whole thing (after SA/Aust./NZ- that is, assuming that they will play there). I'm also wondering if the recent complaints at Croke have anything to do with it? Maybe they are banned from Croke for the time being, lol, but I guess there are other venues in Ireland that could accomodate the tour? The US and the continent usually have several tours, I think, due to the sheer size of the land mass. I know the US always does.

• Subscriber

Well I think the US got another leg so soon because of the timing. Many of the dates are summer dates that won't interfere with football games and cause scheduling problems. Just guessing here. And I'll bet that they will come back to the UK for more dates. Ending the tour in Ireland seems like very feasible idea.

Really hoping they do schedule some Australia dates for my Aussie friends.

• Subscriber

Well I think the US got another leg so soon because of the timing. Many of the dates are summer dates that won't interfere with football games and cause scheduling problems. Just guessing here. And I'll bet that they will come back to the UK for more dates. Ending the tour in Ireland seems like very feasible idea.

Really hoping they do schedule some Australia dates for my Aussie friends.

• Subscriber

personally, I think that after Europe there will be some southern hemisphere dates added - would be very unfair if they are missed out. And then hopefully in soring 2011 they will finish the tour with some uk and ireland dates.

• Subscriber

Still thinking about it . . . it seems like typically SA/Aust/NZ dates always come later on tours due to how far it is to travel and the expense involved. I think they typically break even, then start making a little money (or a LOT!) while in Europe or the US, only then do they go down to the southern hemisphere. From where the US is located, it is easy to travel to and really not far from their "bases" in Ireland and France, and of course NY!