3:33 WHEN THE NUMBERS FELL OFF THE CLOCKFACE

voxxiegirl

Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me what the lyric "3:33 when the numbers fell off the clockface" means ... what did Bono mean when he wrote the lyric?

The entire song Unknown Caller for me is quite personal and I have drawn a lot of comfort out of it going through a break up... and that lyric especially means very much to me but for personal reasons I do not wish to share...

everytime I listen to it I can't help but wonder what it is about though...

AND...I was going through my concert pics today and noticed that before the show they had a clock...and it seems like the hands are 3:33 ....I will try to find a way to put the image up on this message.

What is 3:33 referring to?

That is the best song on the album by far! And moment of surrender is next to it!

I know it seems obsessive... it might be... but this band always seem to release material at a time when I need it...or maybe I am intepreting things out of their music that corresponds to the things I am going through in life...probably the latter.... but everytime I hear Unknown Caller... it really seems like they wrote this song just for me (I know it is obsessive and is narcisstic the right word to use?).

• Subscriber
http://community.u2.com/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif">voxxiegirl[/img]Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me what the lyric "3:33 when the numbers fell off the clockface" means ... what did Bono mean when he wrote the lyric?

The entire song Unknown Caller for me is quite personal and I have drawn a lot of comfort out of it going through a break up... and that lyric especially means very much to me but for personal reasons I do not wish to share...

everytime I listen to it I can't help but wonder what it is about though...

AND...I was going through my concert pics today and noticed that before the show they had a clock...and it seems like the hands are 3:33 ....I will try to find a way to put the image up on this message.

What is 3:33 referring to?

That is the best song on the album by far! And moment of surrender is next to it!

I know it seems obsessive... it might be... but this band always seem to release material at a time when I need it...or maybe I am intepreting things out of their music that corresponds to the things I am going through in life...probably the latter.... but everytime I hear Unknown Caller... it really seems like they wrote this song just for me (I know it is obsessive and is narcisstic the right word to use?).

Hey Voxxiegirl, I love Unknown Caller too. I think it's magnificiently okay to think U2 writes songs just for you. I don't care what people say about that.. And I've interpreted 3:33 to be the time of the call. If it means something else..cool...Overall the song is outright encouraging and comforting..so different than any other U2 song I've ever heard. smile.gif

I could not for the life of me get that song, I couldn't relate to it. Then it came across twitter then all over the internet about my son. I use to think it said sweet 33 when the numbers fell of the clock face so when ESPN wrote on my son's 34th aerial of the event, my son won the event with Kelly Slater standing there FREAKING OUT, Kelly is shaping my son a surfboard, Kelly doesn't shape surfboards for winning on the 34th backside 360 reverse air to a shuvit out (it's a new move never been done), I still didn't get the song until the next morning reading the articles and my son said let that song play, I never go past song 3 on the CD, and he held his board, literally slow dancing with it and said this is the best song ever, it clicked for me. That's the sign of the Trinity and sometimes the Lord just asks you to answer http://espn.go.com/action/surfing/blog/_/post/4641264

I FREAKING LOVE THAT SONG NOW!

This is 3:33 :D

333.jpg

There's also a video with the making of and the meaning of the action, I'm looking for it.

Here it is (please forgive the Italian accent :D):

Thats really awesome!!! did the band know that this was happening!!?

I definitely want to go to a European show!!! it seems like everyone who goes to U2's concerts there are really true 'fans' and there is less of the 'just checking it out' type of people like there is in the U.S.

Yes, the video was filmed by U2 staff and posted on U2.com (paying members section), and later on U2ube360, U2 official channel for the European leg.

This was organized in Milan by the Italian forum, u2place, and in the bootleg and in the videos you can hear Bono screaming "Willie Williams, turn on the lights, I wanna see these people!".

But if you remember the "Vertigo live from Milan" dvd, there's also a choreography during "Sometimes you can't make it on your own". It's becoming a sort of tradition :)

This year there was also the Polish flashmob, that one I think was the best one (you can find it always on U2ube360).

• Subscriber

Bono has referred to 3:33 as "God's phone number" (Jeremiah) and he even had it inserted into the art for All That You Can't Leave Behind (look at the gate number). He talks about it in U2 by U2 and has mentioned it in other places that I can't remember right now, lol! The song seems to be about someone at the end of their ropes, then they get a call from an "unknown caller" and they are given an opportunity to start all over again. It is really an inventive and original song and I love it too!

If 3:33 is God's number, is he trying to call God in his moment of desperation?? "speed dialling with no signal at all" ... God doesn't answer ?

I like U2 for their spiritual messages, but lately I have fallen off that wagon. I do like White as snow though