Love Is Blindness (Live in Sydney)

daz_r

I wanna see everyones thoughts on this great track, the album version was okay.

After hearing the live version many years ago, I think this is one of U2's best song's

Such a shame this version was never released and won't be heard by most people.

Such a great love song

• Subscriber

if there is one edge solo that in underated it is the love is blindness zootv solo's. amazing and played with such emotion. the album version is powerful too because did you know when edge was recording his parts, the producers and bono were pushing and pushing him into his playing to give it more emotion edge was playing so hard he broke a couple of strings and that was kept in the final mix. that is also why i like the studio version too. and the sub bass is awesome too.

live it is still good (as most u2 songs are) and its not just the sydney version that is real hearfelt, almost every zootv show with love is blindness all versions are truly amazing.

• Subscriber
if there is one edge solo that in underated it is the love is blindness zootv solo's. amazing and played with such emotion. the album version is powerful too because did you know when edge was recording his parts, the producers and bono were pushing and pushing him into his playing to give it more emotion edge was playing so hard he broke a couple of strings and that was kept in the final mix. that is also why i like the studio version too. and the sub bass is awesome too.

live it is still good (as most u2 songs are) and its not just the sydney version that is real hearfelt, almost every zootv show with love is blindness all versions are truly amazing.

I am so happy to be reminded! I have been playing it again this morning and its been a long time, so thanks for bringing it back to my attention!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Love is Blindness is a mysterious love song.  Great song.  Perfect for the ending of a U2 concert.

"Take my heart, its blindness."  - Love is Blindness

"You can make me perfect again" - All Because of You

"Take this heart and break it."  - Yahweh

"It's not if I believe in love

But if love believes in me

Oh, believe in me"  - Moment of Surrender

In some ways "Love is Blindness" is "Moment of Surrender Part 1"  Have you noticed U2 brought back the same encore from Zoo TV?  "Ultraviolet" "With or Without You".

"I've been in every black hole

At the altar of the dark star

My body's now a begging bowl

That's begging to get back, begging to get back

To my heart

To the rhythm of my soul

To the rhythm of my unconsciousness

To the rhythm that yearns

To be released from control" - Moment of Surrender

Thanks for posting that "Love is Blindness" clip.  What I was reminded of is the video they played during the song.  The stars in the galaxy.  A map.  Zooming in on a map.  A picture from a satellite of love.  Similar to the U2360 tour.  A view from outer space.  Astronauts.  "Love is Blindness" is a yearning to surrender, to release control.  "Moment of Surrender" is that next step, part 2.  The heart has been given, given to God... now keep it...

"Your faith in a clown, don't leave me now. don't leave me now" - Moment of Surrender (Rose Bowl)

"Love is Blindness" you have to listen to with your eyes closed.  I agree, "Love is Blindness" is taken to another place live.  Its the darkness... the stars, themilky way rotating around and around the room.  "Wrap the night around me."  Mysterious song about love... desire... yearning.

There... now you have some of my thoughts...

• Subscriber
The Sydney performance wasn't officially released, (apart from on the Video/DVD) but the Live version (Yankee Stadium New York) was included on the Stay (Faraway So Close) Live Format Single.
There is the fanclub 2 CD Zoo TV Live In Sydney from a couple of years back.