Why I am waving goodbye to U2

Dunlop

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
I really don't understand why people who don't like U2 anymore even still bother to pay the 50USD for this website ???

This is the free side of the board and not the subscribers side.  You don't have to pay anything to join and post here.

Just thought I'd mention that.  smile.gif

• Subscriber
I really don't understand why people who don't like U2 anymore even still bother to pay the 50USD for this website ???

This is the free side of the board and not the subscribers side.  You don't have to pay anything to join and post here.

Just thought I'd mention that.  smile.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

gibbo1968
']I agree with some of this dunlop fella/girls post.

Who's got the balls to call me out on it??

A bit predictable some of the responses on here to be honest,as I always say U2 aren't the fuckin be all and end all,oh and incidentally this is from a fan since 82!

for what it's worth, gibbo, i think you agreing with dunlop is a bit predictable too...wink.gif

and for some fans U2 might just be the fuckin be all an end all... and be honest; who are you to judge them? music and ones appreciation of it, like all art , is based on feelings... you can't judge any person wrong for feeling how they do, can you?

No you can't, Barbara. But all of what you said goes both ways. You can't expect to be treated in a manner that you aren't willing to offer others for that same difference of opinion.  (when I say "you" I don't mean you, personally... just a general, generic "you" )

difference of opinions are wellcome, and discussing them is fun, but the one thing  i CANNOT stand is a person , shouting his opinion and acting like it's the only, wellthought and argumented one, which every intelligent and well-balanced person should share... and disagreing makes you an ignorant sycophant and rules you out for being taken serious....

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that the OP was shouting in anyway whatsoever.  But I agree completely about the insult factor. 

remember the U2-nazi? i'm thinking a music-gestapo right now.....frown.gif

• Subscriber

gibbo1968

A bit predictable some of the responses on here to be honest,as I always say U2 aren't the fuckin be all and end all,oh and incidentally this is from a fan since 82!

for what it's worth, gibbo, i think you agreing with dunlop is a bit predictable too...wink.gif

and for some fans U2 might just be the fuckin be all an end all... and be honest; who are you to judge them? music and ones appreciation of it, like all art , is based on feelings... you can't judge any person wrong for feeling how they do, can you?

No you can't, Barbara. But all of what you said goes both ways. You can't expect to be treated in a manner that you aren't willing to offer others for that same difference of opinion.  (when I say "you" I don't mean you, personally... just a general, generic "you" )

difference of opinions are wellcome, and discussing them is fun, but the one thing  i CANNOT stand is a person , shouting his opinion and acting like it's the only, wellthought and argumented one, which every intelligent and well-balanced person should share... and disagreing makes you an ignorant sycophant and rules you out for being taken serious....

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that the OP was shouting in anyway whatsoever.  But I agree completely about the insult factor. 

• Subscriber

gibbo1968

• Subscriber

gibbo1968

• Subscriber

gibbo1968

• Subscriber

gibbo1968

• Subscriber

you are right of course,ceallache67! if someone doesn't like u2 (anymore) it's their perogative....(like many of us stated in the 'my friend doesn't like u2, how to reply to his...' or something like that- thread)

but coming on this board and posting all your dislikes is a bit of a provocation, cause you're very well aware it is filled here with people who love u2 to pieces.... and objectivity towards this post isn't to be expected...

if the poster was here to discuse a certain song or album, tension wouldn't have risen so high, but coming to a board of passionated fans to say you 're not a u2 fan anymore cause they 're not making stuff worth listeing to , or they outsold or betrayed themselves and their original fans , well you're bound to get the reactions he got...

it just was risky-business...certainly after the name-calling eyes.gif