Why I am waving goodbye to U2

Dunlop

• Subscriber

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

Kristaps']Anyway, I stop reading your post after "Became a fan in 1983..."....

Oh... but Kristaps, you should know by now that when you lead off with that statement you're qualified to say anything you like about U2 after that.  Because now you're a U2 expert.  *nods*

I can say that because well... I became a fan in 1983. tongue.gif

To the OP... okay,  we hear you loud and clear and in summation can safely guess that you no longer like U2 as they haven't lived up to your expectations.  Personally I liked the "ADD riddled posters" comment.  Nice. Way to introduce yourself and further....

Ooo... SHINY THING....

GoldDiscoBall.gif

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='bflorendo wrote:

Angel-Eyes wrote:

Dunlop']

Here's my 2cents on what the band must do to redeem the mantle that Coldplay has conveniently swiped from them in the past couple of years.

hahahahahahahahahahaha Coldplay hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

this one line tells me more then the rest of your entire post.

go enjoy Viva La Vida  

Dunlop, do you know who Joe Satriani is? and Cat Stevens? Yes, I used to listen to Coldplay....key words...USED TO!

Everyone's entitled to say what bands they loathe and love. So, I'll say this, just to piss of "some" U2 fans.

Love Viva La Vida, it's one of my favorite albums ever...so there...!! laugh.gif

U2LAWoman wrote:

Everyone's entitled to say what bands they loathe and love. So, I'll say this, just to piss of "some" U2 fans.

Love Viva La Vida, it's one of my favorite albums ever...so there...!!
laugh.gif

OT:

I'm totally with you with this. I listen to classical, metal, world music... and U2 and Coldplay. Can't understand why these things aren't supposed to go together. Plus, in Viva la vida there's Eno, and he did an awesome job there.
/OT

• Subscriber

U2LAWoman wrote:

Love Viva La Vida, it's one of my favorite albums ever...so there...!!
laugh.gif

OT:

I'm totally with you with this. I listen to classical, metal, world music... and U2 and Coldplay. Can't understand why these things aren't supposed to go together. Plus, in Viva la vida there's Eno, and he did an awesome job there.
/OT
i dont care much for coldplay, use to change radiostation when they're on... but that don't mean these things cant go together! i love u2 most of all but also fan of leonard cohen and patricia kaas, and others also: i do know u2 fans that love ACDC and Metallica; no problem!! as long as we all respect eachothers different taste... i feel no need to slate them down!

Love & peacewink.gif

• Subscriber

Coldplay suck.... very VERY much! Do I think they suck cos i'm a nostaligic U2 fan terrified they shall whip their crown of the biggest band in the world (my hubby is convinced this is the case?) Nope... they suck because their music sucks. 'Yellow' was a great tune... and every tune since has been Yellow part 2, yellow part 3, yellow part 99 yadda yadda yadda

Its no secret that (the stars) i'm not overly enthralled with NLOTH. Its a good album... I wanted a great album BUT I take full responsibility for my feelings and don't blame the band for making the music THEY want to make. Yep... I'm nostalgic... I'd love to recapture the way I felt when I first heard 'Out of Control' playing on a turntable (wow... remember them?) in my cousins bedroom when I was about 8 or 9 I guess. I could give you another dozen tracks that have a 'time and place' for me that can remind me of summer holidays, lost virginity, broken hearts, broken arms, broken homes, that first glance of the one person you'll be with forever. The truth is... the end is much nearer than the beginning for the band... cut them some slack! After 30+ years as a band they are STILL trying to be relevant... whether they are succeeding or not is a different matter... what you see depends on where you stand. I'll stick along for the ride and maybe, just maybe they'll hit a nerve with me again in a good way.

I'm not quite ready to burn my collection just yet and I don't think i'll ever be 'done' with them! They're like the Hotel California - You can check out but you can never leave.... and if you can, then perhaps that love affair you thought you had with them was really just lust instead

.... but i'd really love a shaken up setlist! :P

Oh... and I think Coldplay suck... alot!

• Subscriber

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

Oh... but Kristaps, you should know by now that when you lead off with that statement you're qualified to say anything you like about U2 after that.  Because now you're a U2 expert.  *nods*

I can say that because well... I became a fan in 1983.
tongue.gif

To the OP... okay,  we hear you loud and clear and in summation can safely guess that you no longer like U2 as they haven't lived up to your expectations.  Personally I liked the "ADD riddled posters" comment.  Nice. Way to introduce yourself and further....

Ooo... SHINY THING....

GoldDiscoBall.gif

*claps*  Pretty.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

I can say that because well... I became a fan in 1983.
tongue.gif

Ooo... SHINY THING....

GoldDiscoBall.gif

*claps*  Pretty.

• Subscriber

Ok i am getting the feeling that you are just a total fanny looking to stir the shit on here well i got news for ya......

THATS MY FECKIN JOB AROUND HERE YA GOBSHITE.

Yeah! That's Basher's job 'round here.  And I'm here for moral support (and maybe a little help stirring now and then). 

• Subscriber

Ok i am getting the feeling that you are just a total fanny looking to stir the shit on here well i got news for ya......

THATS MY FECKIN JOB AROUND HERE YA GOBSHITE.

Yeah! That's Basher's job 'round here.  And I'm here for moral support (and maybe a little help stirring now and then).