She was listening to The Beatles..........

U2LAWoman

• Subscriber

I am so overjoyed tonight, because my teenage daughter was listening(hands over heart)to THE BEATLES on her brother's ipod. She had it on the speakers, while she was decorating for Christmas. I'm not happy because I want her to be just like me...Just happy that she is opening her mind to the Beatles! What could be next?? The Rolling Stones, The Who...we shall see. And I didn't even acknowledge what I was hearing. Because, once you do that. It's all over!! lol

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

thats wonderfull! some great music will never die ! i hope my kids discover it once too (won't be able to blame me, i'm playing U2, U2 and U2 and also beatles, simon&garfunkel, mamas & the papas, fleetwood mac , leonard cohen and others) i did hear my daughter yesterday playing one of my favourites (not that old but great) So quiet, by björk! i love that song and first time i played it (for them) kids called me crazy... now she played it 3 times in a row and sang along with it... so i'm hoping she'll be cured once from highschoolmusical, tokio hotel and lady gaga...

• Subscriber

Talking about bonding with you offspring. I took my 9 year old to see Green Day and he danced all night. His mother took him to see Black Eyed Peas a few months ago and he sat on his arse all night. lol. The kid has great taste in music, just like his Dad.

• Subscriber

thumbsup.gifyour lassie has good taste LAW!.thumbsup.gif.....my weans grew up with Bowie into u2 ....now son is a dj but does all the dancy stuff.my lassie has a wide range of taste in music .and strangely her fav 'oldie' music is The Beatles!thumbsup.gif....no matter what .we can safely say the Beatles music whether it be as a whole group or each one individual will never die!thumbsup.gif

I am so overjoyed tonight, because my teenage daughter was listening(hands over heart)to THE BEATLES on her brother's ipod. She had it on the speakers, while she was decorating for Christmas. I'm not happy because I want her to be just like me...Just happy that she is opening her mind to the Beatles! What could be next?? The Rolling Stones, The Who...we shall see. And I didn't even acknowledge what I was hearing. Because, once you do that. It's all over!! lol

• Subscriber
Awesome! Even though i'm a teenager I enjoy golden oldies like the Mama's & the Papa's, Bob Marley, The Who, The Beatles, Van Morrison, The Clash, Simon & Garfunkel, and Fleetwood Mac much MUCH more than i enjoy some of the newer music like lady ga gasick.gif
good on ya, you'll go far in life !!!happy.gif

seriously, i'm always so happy to hear young people, teenagers even , that appreciate the golden oldies... you guys will make sure this great music wont be forgotten very easy...

• Subscriber
thumbsup.gifyour lassie has good taste LAW!.thumbsup.gif.....my weans grew up with Bowie into u2 ....now son is a dj but does all the dancy stuff.my lassie has a wide range of taste in music .and strangely her fav 'oldie' music is The Beatles!thumbsup.gif....no matter what .we can safely say the Beatles music whether it be as a whole group or each one individual will never die!thumbsup.gif

Music will live forever. smile.gif