Lady With the Spinning Head

celticfc09

• Subscriber

Okay, so last night I had my ipod on shuffle and Lady With the Spinning Head came on. I hadn't listened to it in quite some time, but as Im doing so I realize what a full on song this is. I mean its an intense, rock'n'roll song with that flare of pop to it that only could've come from the Auchtung Baby era. And I thought, "Play this in 2010 in the spot of Ultraviolet." Now don't get me wrong, I loved seeing that one again, but this is such a great song and fits into that slot in the setlist. I donno, I think this would be insane to live...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Lol but hey, dont assume youngin's dont know their music. i say this because my son is a huge led zepplin fan and metallica fan. he is a guitarist, practices the guitar hours a day- he loves metal - not from me im a u2 fan, lol. he's 13 so one day some old guy came up to him seeing him with a led zepplin t shirt and said to my son 'hey kid what the heck do u know about led zepplin????' thinkin my son probably only heard the music from guitar hero or something & my son started rattling off stats and their info etc and the guy was like- oh ok alright then! so lets be nice to young fans. better they are smart enough to appreciate u2 than be listening to kanye west.:)

• Subscriber

I don't see it really fitting into the show though . . . I just don't see where it would fit theme-wise. The songs U2 plays for a show all seem to fit together to say something and I just don't see this song belonging in that way . . .

• Subscriber

Janette B – I agree… I was going to respond last night to this topic but I didn’t have enough time… I had to go out Christmas shopping instead.

I absolutely love the version of “Lady With the Spinning Head†that came out during the Achtung Baby sessions.  That version blew me away.  I was actually disappointed with the B-side release.  I don’t see it as a good replacement for â€œUltraviolet" at the U2360 concerts.

But, I do want to talk about the U2360 encore… I thought about starting a new category, but I figured I would take this opportunity to throw out some thoughts:

Remember the ZOO  TV encore?  “Ultraviolet,†“With or Without You,†“Love is Blindness.† U2 brought back “Ultaviolet†(which I love).  They now close with “With or Without You†and “Moment of Surrender.† I think there is a deep theme that takes place during both of these encores.  “Ultraviolet†says I can’t make it on my own.  “With or Without You†says I want you but I must wait for you.  “Moment of Surrender†is where the death takes place.

“A little death without mourning
No call, and no warning
Baby, a dangerous idea
That almost makes sense.† Love is Blindness

I have more on this… but will wait to see what others have to say…