What did you give for Christmas?

illumination70

I'm curious about what you other U2 fans gave your loved ones for Christmas this year?

Youngest Nephew-Musical, sit N spin

Niece- Hopper Ball

Older Nephews-Paystation with games

Brothers & their wives-3 loaves of home-made bread (frosted blueberry, pumpkin &bananna) with travel mugs

Mom-3Pairs of winter gloves

Dad-Coffee set

Godparents:Sugar-free cheesecake set

Uncle-Batch of chocolate-covered, English Toffee

I was low on money this year so I began Christmas shopping during the summer months and paced myself, but enough about me what did you give this year?

I was also low on money this year but somehow managed well enough! i love dollar stores :)

my da- a 2 liter of diet mountain dew with his name all over it (inside joke)

my mum- two pairs of earrings a planner and some candy

sib #1- a mini light up sword, candy, silly string

sib #2- 2nd season of Psych, candy

sib #3- candy

sib #4, 5, 6 & 7- colouring canvas

sib #8- baseball bag, shirt, fake sword, matchbox cars, flight jacket, foam baseball

the reason some got more than others is that we draw names for christmas...

This Xmas I bought almost only books (and I admit it, I read them before giving them away :P).

But I'm particularly proud of the present I gave to my 16 year-old cousin: a home-made DVD with the Rose Bowl concert (he had fallen in love with the Claw thanks to the Crazy tonight video). I split the original broadcast in chapters, added some extras (Crazy tonight live version, Claw in time lapse, tour photos) etc etc. I did basically everything (thanks iDVD!) except for the cover artwork.

I hope he'll like it (at least, his dad will without any doubts :D)

• Subscriber

My son got his first electric guitar - he's been taking lessons for almost a year, so he's earned it. Santa brought him a special composite bat that's all the rage among the local baseball players.

My daughter got a keyboard - she had been taking lessons, but the old hand me down keyboard broke, so she's earned it as well. Santa brought her a new bike.

• Subscriber

We had to be careful for gifts and the cost this year as not been the best finacially. Managed to find lotsof bargains and used imagination.

Did spend quite a bit on daughter but her face when she opened the envelope and Miley Cyrus tickets fell out was totally worth every penny!! She nearly exploded!!

• Subscriber
Oh, I almost forgot to add, I also got my pets pressies too:

Cats: "Whisker Lickens" Cat Treats

Dogs: Beggin Strips

Nice to know other people get the pets gifts - Do you wrap them and put them under the tree too? My pets also buy gifts for people too!!

• Subscriber

Well, I have children so needless to say, I'm broke. I bought for my whole family but I'll just cover what the kids got.

Oldest to youngest:

16 year old daughter: An Xbox 360 and a few games for it. Her stocking included some really good facial and skin products, eyeliner and a iTunes gift card. She also is getting a trip to Quebec which is for her French class. The trip was pretty expensive and is part of her Christmas gifts. Hard to wrap Quebec in a box and put it under the tree.

14 year old son: A brand new Fender 60s vintage classic jazz bass in Olympic white. It's gorgeous. It was sitting on a new stand (which is a two guitar stand) next to the tree. When he saw that he said he didn't need to open anything else. Also gave him a nice hardshell case for his basses, a direct box effect pedal, Pea coat, Boondock Saints t-shirt, black thermal shirt, xbox 360 game, Stewie boxers (LOL). Stocking: new leather guitar strap, patch cords for the pedal and bass, various hygiene things. :P

8 year old- a PSP, games for the PSP and xbox. New Buzz and Woody dolls (from Toy Story), various other board games he asked for, some Transformer toys, this huge work bench toy like thing he asked for (which I have NO idea where I'm going to put after the holidays), 2 shirts and a pair of pants, some Sonic toy thing and some Pokemon thing he asked for. Stocking: filled with candy, transformers and GI Joe action figures and some Lego racers.

I think that's it. I probably forgot something.