We are officially declared 2 U2-fanatics...

barbara1

• Subscriber

we had this diner with my in-laws, and my brother in-law asked if we were gonna buy tix for the u2-concert in brussels next year.. my love declared , very proudly, that not only did we have tix for brussels, but also for the concert in paris ; so 2 concerts in 4 days time!
so his family looked at us as if we'd lost our minds, and my sister in law asked (bit confused);" but they're the same songs, arent they?!"
my love answered; "yes , but bono will f*#ck up the lyrics again, so they wont be exactly the same, will they?"
so how about the rest of you, does your family get your obsession with these 4 guys and their music?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha! That's awesome=) And i do obsess over these 4 guys and their music. Enough to annoy the hell outta my sister:-)On the roadtrip i'm on i was reading U2 by U2 while listening to U2 and wearing my U2 shirt. And i wanna roadtrip out to cali for both LA shows... dont think my parents will approve though:-/

• Subscriber

Next year I'll be on holiday during August and my plans are to follow the tour during this month, it has been my dream since 1987 or so, but it was impossible, now for the first time I can afford it and I have a wonderful friend that is glad to go with me, so I'm pretty sure I'm a U2 fanatic, but of course we aren't going to tell the families the reason of our travels, they found it odd enough that we travelled to Dublin to the concerts this year, and they thought it was only a concert! I prefer not to give explanations.

we had this diner with my in-laws, and my brother in-law asked if we were gonna buy tix for the u2-concert in brussels next year.. my love declared , very proudly, that not only did we have tix for brussels, but also for the concert in paris ; so 2 concerts in 4 days time!

so his family looked at us as if we'd lost our minds, and my sister in law asked (bit confused);" but they're the same songs, arent they?!"

my love answered; "yes , but bono will f*#ck up the lyrics again, so they wont be exactly the same, will they?"

so how about the rest of you, does your family get your obsession with these 4 guys and their music?

no my mum doesn't get it one bit! I was like I wanna see U2 again next year and she was like well haven't you seen them on this tour lol so can't wait for the DVD to come out so i can show them WHY I'm dedicated to this music!

• Subscriber

This is truly the best explanation for attending multiple shows. roll.gif

• Subscriber

HA! I've learned as a general rule not to discuss U2 much outside the forum. Nobody I know gets it and I'm not going to try and explain it to them. The people who know me know I'm a big fan of theirs and really that's the extent of it. lol

I'm also seeing the band twice within about a weeks time next year. One of which I will travel to see them and the other is relatively close to where I live so not much traveling involved. I saw them twice this year and traveled to see them both times and of course didn't mention to people why I was going on vacation, just that I was going and whoa what a coincidence...U2's in town giving a concert...think I'll go. ;P

HA! I've learned as a general rule not to discuss U2 much outside the forum. Nobody I know gets it and I'm not going to try and explain it to them. The people who know me know I'm a big fan of theirs and really that's the extent of it. lol

I'm also seeing the band twice within about a weeks time next year. One of which I will travel to see them and the other is relatively close to where I live so not much traveling involved. I saw them twice this year and traveled to see them both times and of course didn't mention to people why I was going on vacation, just that I was going and whoa what a coincidence...U2's in town giving a concert...think I'll go. ;P

haha know that feeling . Most people I know don't like U2 coz they don't like Bono never mind the fact that probbably actually haven't even listend to any of their music! and I've nearly had fights over this lol

• Subscriber

Families just don't understand. I got called mad for going to Wembley after I'd been to Dublin as in "Are you mad? You've already seen them!" My argument was that my dad goes to watch the same football team play badly every week! I didn't even bother to tell them that I was going to Sheffield - hubby just puts up with it as it is only every few years. I changed our holiday plans so that we could fit in Hannover as well as me going to Vienna with mates. Only husband knows about these dates as I did foolishly book them on credit card when I had no job! But now I'm working can justify it. I also get the comments on my computer wallpaper, screensavers, ringtones, message tones, car stickers etc... as apparently I'm old enough to know better - No I'm not!!!!

• Subscriber

Well thankfully most of the people I know are U2 fans...including my Dad...so it's not too bad. I just know they wouldn't get that I'm a big fan and love their music enough to travel to go see them but really...that's it...no funny/odd stuff.

I've noticed that about this band, people either love them or hate them. I've yet to see many who are meh about them.

Well thankfully most of the people I know are U2 fans...including my Dad...so it's not too bad. I just know they wouldn't get that I'm a big fan and love their music enough to travel to go see them but really...that's it...no funny/odd stuff.

I've noticed that about this band, people either love them or hate them. I've yet to see many who are meh about them.

Ha come to where I live I'll show you a few!