best/worst support acts for a U2 and non-U2 gig

mcgurk76

• Subscriber

I was reading some persons blog about the best support act for U2 he/she seen was Muse and PJ Harvey.  And the worst support act at U2 concert was Kings of Leon (actually have heard they are a bad live band).

So my Fave support act for U2 has to be Muse - worst -Gavin Rossdale's new band (supported U2 in Miami for the Vertigo tour)

For a non U2 gig best support band was Spearhead they supported REM at Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh. - Worst support band was a band called Denim (can remember very well the calls "Taxi for Denim"), they supported Pulp at the Corn Exchange, Edinburgh.

So who are your fave and worst support acts?

• Subscriber

Glasvegas - worst band I have ever seen and I've seen some crap!!

For U2 i thought Elbow were good support, and snow patrol for the vertigo tour were good too.

• Subscriber
Glasvegas - worst band I have ever seen and I've seen some crap!!

For U2 i thought Elbow were good support, and snow patrol for the vertigo tour were good too.

I agree about Glasvegas... horrible. In Dublin he has some cheap black Addidas shirt which looked like he had picked it out from a garbage can... and his armpits were VERY visible. Horrible both in terms of music and stage presence...

• Subscriber

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

Zhivvy']Glasvegas - worst band I have ever seen and I've seen some crap!!

I agree about Glasvegas... horrible. In Dublin he has some cheap black Addidas shirt which looked like he had picked it out from a garbage can... and his armpits were VERY visible. Horrible both in terms of music and stage presence...

Was that Dublin 1 Kristaps? That's when I saw them, I don't normally do it but we went out part way through for a beer and a cigarette as we couldn't be bothered to listen to them any more  - damian dempsey was amazing though

Great openers for U2: Muse, RATM, Garbage, No Doubt

Bad openers for U2: Institute, Smashmouth (worked w/them, singer is a douche), 3rd Eye Blind (worked w/them, just horrible), Kings of Leon (always too loud, don't sound great)

Hope to see Mutemath open for them this year!

For non-U2 gigs.

Good bands: Mutemath, Cavo, Saosin, Shinedown, Flyleaf, Social Street Sweeper, P!nk, 30 Seconds to Mars.

Bad bands: Gnarles Barkley (sound like sonic sludge), Puddle of Mudd (worked w/them, I fell asleep on some road cases), Sean Kingston (idiot wouldn't go on, coz he thought it was too early, then did the, 'do you know who I am?' routine).

Great openers for U2: Muse, RATM, Garbage, No Doubt

Bad openers for U2: Institute, Smashmouth (worked w/them, singer is a douche), 3rd Eye Blind (worked w/them, just horrible), Kings of Leon (always too loud, don't sound great)

Hope to see Mutemath open for them this year!

For non-U2 gigs.

Good bands: Mutemath, Cavo, Saosin, Shinedown, Flyleaf, Social Street Sweeper, P!nk, 30 Seconds to Mars.

Bad bands: Gnarles Barkley (sound like sonic sludge), Puddle of Mudd (worked w/them, I fell asleep on some road cases), Sean Kingston (idiot wouldn't go on, coz he thought it was too early, then did the, 'do you know who I am?' routine).

Oh yes, totally forgot 2 other great openers for U2 were: Keane and Pearl Jam

...and another bad one was Kanye West....should I say anymore?

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

Zhivvy']Glasvegas - worst band I have ever seen and I've seen some crap!!

Was that Dublin 1 Kristaps? That's when I saw them, I don't normally do it but we went out part way through for a beer and a cigarette as we couldn't be bothered to listen to them any more  - damian dempsey was amazing though

Yes, it was Dublin one. I cheered when they left :D