Understanding Sexism - the Analogy

bandcompletely

QUESTION: Why is it that if a guy sleeps with a lot of girls, he's considered "The Man", but if a girl sleeps with a lot of guys she is considered a "whore" or a "slut"?

ANSWER: Think about it this way:  If a key can open a lot of doors it is considered a master key and is awesome to have, but if a lock can be opened by a lot of different keys, well that's a pretty crap lock!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

ceallach67']Actually I consider a male who sleeps around a whore too.

I take it you are a girl?

I am. And that means?

I know many a male friend who has expressed the same.

It means that you are more likely to think of a guy as a "whore" who sleeps around.  I'm not sure many girls would give a guy a pat on the back for sleeping around ... it would be more likely for guys to do that to each other.

Again, as I said, "more likely for guys" ... not all guys so I'm not surprised that many a male friend expressed the same thoughts as you.  smile.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='bandcompletely wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

I am. And that means?

It means that you are more likely to think of a guy as a "whore" who sleeps around.  I'm not sure many girls would give a guy a pat on the back for sleeping around ... it would be more likely for guys to do that to each other.

Again, as I said, "more likely for guys" ... not all guys so I'm not surprised that many a male friend expressed the same thoughts as you.  smile.gif

Good point, good point.  

• Subscriber

[quote name='bandcompletely wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

I am. And that means?

Good point, good point.