Understanding Sexism - the Analogy

bandcompletely

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

bandcompletely']There are certain subjects you never discuss with the opposite sex. I think this is one of em!

I disagree. The best way to deal with anything is with open discussion.

But this isn't an open discussion.  It's a joke that has been completely dissected by the opposite sex.  I believe jokes should remain as jokes regardless of their subject.  "Open discussion" only elavates it to a level of seriousness that it had no intention of ever going.

• Subscriber

And then in a workplace a guy looks at a girl's ass and she sues him for sexual harrassment. A girl looks at the guy's and noone bats an eyelid.

Double standards, oh the joys of that!

• Subscriber
And then in a workplace a guy looks at a girl's ass and she sues him for sexual harrassment. A girl looks at the guy's and noone bats an eyelid.

I hate double standards! It really winds me up, as a teacher i try to explain about this to kids if they have double standards. But then as you say goes all the way through to the adult workplace. Really winds me up!

Ok had my say......

• Subscriber

tongue.gif

Oh dear .hope BMan never catches me eying up his erse!.............roll.gifroll.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='badgirl56 wrote:

Ragoo']And then in a workplace a guy looks at a girl's ass and she sues him for sexual harrassment. A girl looks at the guy's and noone bats an eyelid.

tongue.gif

Oh dear .hope BMan never catches me eying up his erse!.............roll.gifroll.gif

Never thought of that, better be averting my eyes next time i go and see them!! tongue.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='bandcompletely wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

bandcompletely']There are certain subjects you never discuss with the opposite sex. I think this is one of em!

But this isn't an open discussion.  It's a joke that has been completely dissected by the opposite sex.  I believe jokes should remain as jokes regardless of their subject.  "Open discussion" only elavates it to a level of seriousness that it had no intention of ever going.

Right. It was meant as a joke. But I was addressing what you said after: "There are certain subjects you never discuss with the opposite sex". 

• Subscriber

[quote name='bandcompletely wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

Right. It was meant as a joke. But I was addressing what you said after: "There are certain subjects you never discuss with the opposite sex". 

• Subscriber
- lie detector test show! - unbelievable

Watch at your peril ,they are terrible!

we dont have one of these in belgium (yet) can never get how those people dare to tell such a story on tv... it's honesty taken a bit too far....

oh yeah, bandcompletely, thats what happens telling jokes like this, it's funny but we still have to analyse it...laugh.gif cant help it, thats us girls.wink.gif.. doesnt mean i'm offended though!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy']
- lie detector test show! - unbelievable

Watch at your peril ,they are terrible!

we dont have one of these in belgium (yet) can never get how those people dare to tell such a story on tv... it's honesty taken a bit too far....

oh yeah, bandcompletely, thats what happens telling jokes like this, it's funny but we still have to analyse it...laugh.gif cant help it, thats us girls.wink.gif.. doesnt mean i'm offended though!!

It is only a certain type of person who would go on these shows and I'm sure from the clip you can see what they're like! Never sure on these type of programmes either if they are real or not.