Understanding Sexism - the Analogy

bandcompletely

[quote name='bandcompletely wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

bandcompletely']There are certain subjects you never discuss with the opposite sex. I think this is one of em!

I disagree. The best way to deal with anything is with open discussion.

But this isn't an open discussion.  It's a joke that has been completely dissected by the opposite sex.  I believe jokes should remain as jokes regardless of their subject.  "Open discussion" only elavates it to a level of seriousness that it had no intention of ever going.Oh...the old "it was just a joke" canard. Got news for you, mate, and it's not good.

Here's the deal, you told this joke. You put it out there into the public space and guess what? You don't get to order the reactions to it. Oddly enough, women may not like being told their vaginas are locks that should only be opened with one key (seriously what does that even mean?). These women (and men who aren't jackasses) might want to tell you how unfunny they actually found your joke, because sexist, misogynist jokes went out with black and white tv. So you can whinge about those humourless wimmins who just don't appreciate how awesomely hella funny you are (maybe you could tell us a 'woman driver' joke next!) but your time might better be spent either finding funnier jokes (it's not like there's a shortage) or doing a little critical thinking about your own assumptions.

In conclusion: FAIL LESS. BE MOAR FUNNIER.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO! well I'm a girl and I don't find this offensive, there are many jokes on guys out there too, but girls of course take it too seriously (That's why I hang out a lot more with guys than girls).

On the other hand: If you are a girl who found this "analogy" offensive and have had more than one (or two or 3) partners, give it a rest! no one cares, people only find it relevant if you do.

ceallach67 wrote:

bandcompletely']There are certain subjects you never discuss with the opposite sex. I think this is one of em!

But this isn't an open discussion.  It's a joke that has been completely dissected by the opposite sex.  I believe jokes should remain as jokes regardless of their subject.  "Open discussion" only elavates it to a level of seriousness that it had no intention of ever going.

LMAO! Oh boy... you had no idea of what you were getting into!

LMAO! well I'm a girl and I don't find this offensive, there are many jokes on guys out there too, but girls of course take it too seriously (That's why I hang out a lot more with guys than girls).

On the other hand: If you are a girl who found this "analogy" offensive and have had more than one (or two or 3) partners, give it a rest! no one cares, people only find it relevant if you do.

That whooshing sound? That was the point whizzing over the top of your head.

[quote name='SoniaLaStrega wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

But this isn't an open discussion.  It's a joke that has been completely dissected by the opposite sex.  I believe jokes should remain as jokes regardless of their subject.  "Open discussion" only elavates it to a level of seriousness that it had no intention of ever going.
Oh...the old "it was just a joke" canard. Got news for you, mate, and it's not good.

Here's the deal, you told this joke. You put it out there into the public space and guess what? You don't get to order the reactions to it. Oddly enough, women may not like being told their vaginas are locks that should only be opened with one key (seriously what does that even mean?). These women (and men who aren't jackasses) might want to tell you how unfunny they actually found your joke, because sexist, misogynist jokes went out with black and white tv. So you can whinge about those humourless wimmins who just don't appreciate how awesomely hella funny you are (maybe you could tell us a 'woman driver' joke next!) but your time might better be spent either finding funnier jokes (it's not like there's a shortage) or doing a little critical thinking about your own assumptions.

... gotta look up "moar" in the dictionary  tongue.gif

PS.... old news isn't NEWs.

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

Right. It was meant as a joke. But I was addressing what you said after: "There are certain subjects you never discuss with the opposite sex". 

Sorry Ceallach, I probably should have been more clear on my post - what I said after was in relation to my initial post. Anyhoo, more funny things below....

Oh...the old "it was just a joke" canard. Got news for you, mate, and it's not good.

Oooh ..... extreme. Who are more offensive - the sexists or the extremists?

I've never known sexists who've tried to start wars based on their sexist views. Extremists on the otherhand.... well, look at the small war you could have started if I actually gave a toss!  tongue.gif

SoniaLaStrega']Oh...the old "it was just a joke" canard. Got news for you, mate, and it's not good.

Here's the deal, you told this joke. You put it out there into the public space and guess what? You don't get to order the reactions to it. Oddly enough, women may not like being told their vaginas are locks that should only be opened with one key (seriously what does that even
mean
?). These women (and men who aren't jackasses) might want to tell you how unfunny they actually found your joke, because sexist, misogynist jokes went out with black and white tv. So you can whinge about those humourless wimmins who just don't appreciate how awesomely hella funny you are (maybe you could tell us a 'woman driver' joke next!) but your time might better be spent either finding funnier jokes (it's not like there's a shortage) or doing a little critical thinking about your own assumptions.

Oooh ..... extreme. Who are more offensive - the sexists or the extremists?

I've never known sexists who've tried to start wars based on their sexist views. Extremists on the otherhand.... well, look at the small war you could have started if I actually gave a toss!  tongue.gif

Okay, that last comment was an extremist joke and was uncalled for.  Sorry, but when I wrote it, I actually laughed!  smile.gif

• Subscriber

ceallach67 wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

Right. It was meant as a joke. But I was addressing what you said after: "There are certain subjects you never discuss with the opposite sex". 

Sorry Ceallach, I probably should have been more clear on my post - what I said after was in relation to my initial post. Anyhoo, more funny things below....

No worries.  It's all good. smile.gif

• Subscriber

ceallach67 wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

No worries.  It's all good. smile.gif