Best of 2000 - 2010

vistahypno

• Subscriber

I think if you look back to 1990-2000, you'll see songs that are surprising to be on the album. For example Hands/America and Electrical Storm. Now ES is great, but its one 0of those commercial singles. as is Hands. I think Saints and Window in the Skies will both be included for the same reasons. And maybe now this new Haiti song.

• Subscriber

I don't think BD would be put on the 2000-2010 CD, since it's already on the 1990-2000 one.  For that matter, so is Stuck in a Moment. All the others, though, definitely.  And for new songs, I would say MoS for sure.   

• Subscriber

[quote name=ceallach67]There was already a greatest hits offered in this decade with U218 though it didn't just include songs specifically from just this decade.

I really don't think a greatest hits package is needed to be honest.Exactly, U2 already put out 3 best of CD's, we are expecting new and challenging material from them, not old recyclated songs. I have in my collection all 3 best of CD's (including b-sides + Vertigo DVD in Milan) but I think it's enough for the moment, come on boys, bring on something fresh and surprising, something better than No Line on the Horizon!

• Subscriber

[quote name='bacadorina wrote:

ceallach67
']There was already a greatest hits offered in this decade with U218 though it didn't just include songs specifically from just this decade.

I really don't think a greatest hits package is needed to be honest.

Exactly, U2 already put out 3 best of CD's, we are expecting new and challenging material from them, not old recyclated songs. I have in my collection all 3 best of CD's (including b-sides + Vertigo DVD in Milan) but I think it's enough for the moment, come on boys, bring on something fresh and surprising, something better than No Line on the Horizon!

maybe in your world no line is not very good, but in my world i think its a great piece of work. and these are ideas for a best of of this decade, and its just make believe so no harm in it.

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

bacadorina
wrote:

ceallach67
']There was already a greatest hits offered in this decade with U218 though it didn't just include songs specifically from just this decade.

Exactly, U2 already put out 3 best of CD's, we are expecting new and challenging material from them, not old recyclated songs. I have in my collection all 3 best of CD's (including b-sides + Vertigo DVD in Milan) but I think it's enough for the moment, come on boys, bring on something fresh and surprising, something better than No Line on the Horizon!

maybe in your world no line is not very good, but in my world i think its a great piece of work. and these are ideas for a best of of this decade, and its just make believe so no harm in it.

Well, to be honest NLOTH isn't on my top 5 U2 albums, I don't go crazy if I don't hear it every month. It does contain some good songs such as Magnificent, Unknown Caller or Fez but it lacks a smash hit, it doesn't have a masterpiece, something that punch you in the face. This is my opinion, I don't expect others to agree entirely with it, but this is how I think about it. As my Latin ancestors used to say "de gustibus non disputandum"........ 

• Subscriber

bacadorina
wrote:

ceallach67

Not a big fan of No Line myself but I have to admit, I've been getting into it more lately. Either way, No Line being liked or not liked really doesn't have any bearing for me on whether there should be a greatest hits compilation released or not. I just don't see a need for it. The only album that was released w/in the decade that doesn't have songs included on a greatest hits package is No Line. Every other single/hit of the decade has been included on a greatest hits package at this point.

• Subscriber

bacadorina
wrote:

ceallach67

Not a big fan of No Line myself but I have to admit, I've been getting into it more lately. Either way, No Line being liked or not liked really doesn't have any bearing for me on whether there should be a greatest hits compilation released or not. I just don't see a need for it. The only album that was released w/in the decade that doesn't have songs included on a greatest hits package is No Line. Every other single/hit of the decade has been included on a greatest hits package at this point.

• Subscriber

[quote name='bacadorina wrote:

MacFoley
wrote:

bacadorina
wrote:

ceallach67

Well, to be honest NLOTH isn't on my top 5 U2 albums, I don't go crazy if I don't hear it every month. It does contain some good songs such as Magnificent, Unknown Caller or Fez but it lacks a smash hit, it doesn't have a masterpiece, something that punch you in the face. This is my opinion, I don't expect others to agree entirely with it, but this is how I think about it. As my Latin ancestors used to say "de gustibus non disputandum"........ 

good for you.