Some blast from the past products are back on shelves!!

illumination70

When I was working at Walmart this past weekend, I noticed the original Pepsi formula is back in limited edition along with Mars Candy bars.

I tried both products and I could definately tell the difference with the Limited edition of Pepsi because it's made with sugar instead of the current version's that's made with corn syrup.

As for the Mar's Bar, I loved it and don't understand why the execs from the company removed it from the shelves despite the fan following.

Enough about me, what's your opinion about the 2 items making a comeback?

• Subscriber

I don't drink soft drinks much, but my husband likes Pepsi so I bought him some of the original . . . he hasn't had any yet though. I always liked Mars bars too . . . I havn't noticed that back on the shelves as I try and steer clear of the candy aisle, but may have to take a peek tomorrow :)-

Btw, what's your cat's name? She (or he?) looks so much like our Callie, but we lost her during summer :(

My cat's name is Taffy and I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of callie because I know what it's like to lose a kitty since Morris (Taffy's brother) unexpectedly died in his sleep in October 2008 at the age of 6.

((HUGS))

• Subscriber

Two dogs and one cat within a year . . . lots of crying in our house. We have one very old cat left and he won't let me out of his sight . . . he's about 14 yrs. old!!! Sorry about Morris! That's so sad that he was so young, I'm so sorry!!!

Okay . . . didn't mean to change up your post, LOL!!!! I can't stop thinking Mars bars now ")))) I'd better stay out of the stores tomorrow or I'll end up making a meal of Mars bars. Just better to avoid them all together, lol!!!!!

Two dogs and one cat within a year . . . lots of crying in our house. We have one very old cat left and he won't let me out of his sight . . . he's about 14 yrs. old!!! Sorry about Morris! That's so sad that he was so young, I'm so sorry!!!

Okay . . . didn't mean to change up your post, LOL!!!! I can't stop thinking Mars bars now ")))) I'd better stay out of the stores tomorrow or I'll end up making a meal of Mars bars. Just better to avoid them all together, lol!!!!!

Ugh, I've been there done that when my dogs Napolean (Bassett hound) and Jo-Jo (weiner dog) died within months of each others.

As for changing the post, don't worry about it because it's good to hear from another critter mommie who lost a furbaby.

((HUGS))

I hardly ever drink pepsi, and the other product I've never tried.

But it's good to hear the new market strategy! Tho it isn't that "new" bringing products or trademarks from the past has been arpund for quite a while, if you recognize most of those trademarks only means one thing.... You are old!

• Subscriber

Sorry to hear the bad news about your pets Janette - all so close together. I dread the day something happens to my cat - he's about 13 now (was a rescue so not certain). He's beginning to look old now - well distinguished!!! But still my baby - 11 years together this years  - been round longer than hubby!!

But back to the thread, not seen any of this original stuff on the shelves inhte UK - but we never stopped mars bars over here!!  - ask my husband, i keep finding wrappers in his car - lol!!!

I hardly ever drink pepsi, and the other product I've never tried.

But it's good to hear the new market strategy! Tho it isn't that "new" bringing products or trademarks from the past has been arpund for quite a while, if you recognize most of those trademarks only means one thing.... You are old!

That maybe true, but some things improve with age such as wine and the band U2!!!