Laurence Carolin 15-year old "Old Soul" Moving closer to the light...

susiesneds

Please put your prayers together for a beautiful 15-year old soul who is moving closer to the Light soon. Laurence Carolin was so very lucky to have met with Bono and the group in Sept. '09 in Chicago and also was mentioned by Bono during "One" at the Oct. 24th Rose Bowl concert. Laurence's goal is for us all to end poverty and come together despite our skin color or how we bow before our higher power. He fought for this right up until the cancer put him in a deep slumber. Let's do it. Let's help those who cannot help themselves!!

This young boy, this spirit warrior, knew more in his short life about love and courage and grace, than most of will know in a lifetime. Bono and the band saw it and embraced Laurence for it.

Laurence:

Walk on into that bright Light my friend...

And know that we all are better for having known you.

Is it getting better, or do you feel the same?

Will it make it easier on you, now you got someone to blame?

You say one love, one life, when it's one need in the night.

One love, we get to share it

Leaves you baby if you don't care for it.

Did I disappoint you or leave a bad taste in your mouth?

You act like you never had love and you want me to go without.

Well, it's too late tonight to drag the past out into the light.

We're one, but we're not the same.

We get to carry each other, carry each other... one

Have you come here for forgiveness,

Have you come to raise the dead

Have you come here to play Jesus to the lepers in your head

Did I ask too much, more than a lot

You gave me nothing, now it's all I got.

We're one, but we're not the same.

Well, we hurt each other, then we do it again.

You say love is a temple, love a higher law

Love is a temple, love the higher law.

You ask me to enter, but then you make me crawl

And I can't be holding on to what you got, when all you got is hurt.

One love, one blood, one life, you got to do what you should.

One life with each other: sisters, brothers.

One life, but we're not the same.

We get to carry each other, carry each other.

One...

hope you don't mind me posting this but found this article on the one site that he has written! Very passionate and amazing!

http://www.one.org/blog/2...2/meet-laurence-carolin/

Laurence you are very insperational and I hope that people do learn that you are never to young to make a stand for what you believe in!

Good for you and god bless you!

• Subscriber

God bless you Laurence, what an amazing young man you are. I hope people, in years to come, will use you as an inspiration to help eradicate world poverty.

xxx

"Another thing people may argue is that we can’t afford financially to fight extreme poverty right now because of the current economical situation. My stance on this topic is that we can’t afford NOT to help!"

--Laurence Carolin

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."

--Winston Churchill

Please forgive such a long post

We live in the Carolins' neighborhood, but,... I never met Laurence because I only learned about him after his illness took ahold of him. I'd see Laurence & his family at events in the neighborhood & in town (Dexter and Ann Arbor) but never approached because, frankly, I figured that, as much as there was a lot of attention that was being directed to them, I also knew that these were trying times from which they deserved to be able to enjoy time together without intrusion (even in public).

As it turns out, my wife would have been his elementary 5th & 6th grade Art teacher, as well, though I hadn't heard of him at that point. When he was first diagnosed, she told me about a truly sweet soul and golden heart of a kid who had a rare form of brain cancer. Again, though, I never met him...

It was impossible not to be drawn to him and his family's story as a neighbor, as it represents a beauty & dignity that is so rarely on display in such a public way. It would be easy to say that the public attention was because of the horrific hand dealt to the Carolins but, frankly, I came to understand that it was because of the beauty & dignity that everybody who learned of this family, came to understand about them.

Of course, none of us know the stark reality of the very real pain that they must experience (still) in private but I have to say that I have never heard of anyone, much less a young person (who presumably doesn't recognize the "big picture" that even adults around him may not be able to see) act in as selfless & wise a manner as Laurence did in becoming the magnifying lens for issues that were so far removed from the lives of the "extended 'those'" around him (like me). It never seemed to be about him or his family.

I wanted to post because, I want to honor Laurence & his family... and to testify to the fact that this was truly an incredible kid and family presenting a life's example to us.

Thank you so much.