Conan's last show

jackie_llopis

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I never really cared for Conan. I think with ALL of the money he's getting he'll be just fine. Speaking of all the money, he should have told U2 he'd donate a couple of million if they'd broadcast live from Londan for his last show. It sure would have made it better, but that wouldn't take much to make it better. 

• Subscriber

Just have to comment about Conan (and not to take away from Jackie's post), but I'm glad it is finally over and hopefully it will go away in the media. Way too much attention put on this... more important things to cover. The media should get back to reporting the news, really tired of celebrities taking over everything. Personally, I'm a bit irritated by Conan complaining about being dumped. It happens all the time. Many people have been laid off or (in his case) fired, but with one big difference, Conan gets 45 MILLION dollars for performing poorly!!! So I say, he shouldn't be complaining when everyone else has it worse than he does. He doesn't have to worry about food, water, shelter, health insurance, etc. etc. It's a bit insulting. And to be griping about his hard times when people in Haiti are buried alive... geesh! I've never been a fan of his, only flipping by his show sometimes, but now I've lost any respect for him.

And didn't I hear that his last show still had low ratings, Leno beating him again?

• Subscriber

Just have to comment about Conan (and not to take away from Jackie's post), but I'm glad it is finally over and hopefully it will go away in the media. Way too much attention put on this... more important things to cover. The media should get back to reporting the news, really tired of celebrities taking over everything. Personally, I'm a bit irritated by Conan complaining about being dumped. It happens all the time. Many people have been laid off or (in his case) fired, but with one big difference, Conan gets 45 MILLION dollars for performing poorly!!! So I say, he shouldn't be complaining when everyone else has it worse than he does. He doesn't have to worry about food, water, shelter, health insurance, etc. etc. It's a bit insulting. And to be griping about his hard times when people in Haiti are buried alive... geesh! I've never been a fan of his, only flipping by his show sometimes, but now I've lost any respect for him.

And didn't I hear that his last show still had low ratings, Leno beating him again?

Bloody hell. Got wank?

Conan was frickin hillarious, and he'll certainly be missed in my house.

Jay Leno's humour is lowest common denominator, for folks who have a hard time understanding satire and irony (not what you do to your trousers to get the wrinkles out), and how many times an episode can he rely on Kevin to do his "I'm stoned Jay, don't look at me chuckle, chukle" routine?

Conan has a brilliant self-depreciating style that's lost on folk who think Everyone Loves Raymond was actually funny.

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

u2ireland']Just have to comment about Conan (and not to take away from Jackie's post), but I'm glad it is finally over and hopefully it will go away in the media. Way too much attention put on this... more important things to cover. The media should get back to reporting the news, really tired of celebrities taking over everything. Personally, I'm a bit irritated by Conan complaining about being dumped. It happens all the time. Many people have been laid off or (in his case) fired, but with one big difference, Conan gets 45 MILLION dollars for performing poorly!!! So I say, he shouldn't be complaining when everyone else has it worse than he does. He doesn't have to worry about food, water, shelter, health insurance, etc. etc. It's a bit insulting. And to be griping about his hard times when people in Haiti are buried alive... geesh! I've never been a fan of his, only flipping by his show sometimes, but now I've lost any respect for him.

Bloody hell. Got wank?

Jay Leno's humour is lowest common denominator, for folks who have a hard time understanding satire and irony (not what you do to your trousers to get the wrinkles out), and how many times an episode can he rely on Kevin to do his "I'm stoned Jay, don't look at me chuckle, chukle" routine?

Conan has a brilliant self-depreciating style that's lost on folk who think Everyone Loves Raymond was actually funny.

not sure why you are quoting my post? your response does not relate to anything I said.

got wank? what?

my post says nothing about Jay vs. Conan and who is funnier. Personally, I don't care... I don't watch either one. 

"""for folks who have a hard time understanding satire and irony (not what you do to your trousers to get the wrinkles out), """" Since you quoted my post are you implying that I have a hard time understanding satire and irony? If so, you really should re-read my post.

Sorry, I've never seen Everyone Loves Raymond!

• Subscriber

[quote name='u2ireland wrote:

mick james wrote:

u2ireland']Just have to comment about Conan (and not to take away from Jackie's post), but I'm glad it is finally over and hopefully it will go away in the media. Way too much attention put on this... more important things to cover. The media should get back to reporting the news, really tired of celebrities taking over everything. Personally, I'm a bit irritated by Conan complaining about being dumped. It happens all the time. Many people have been laid off or (in his case) fired, but with one big difference, Conan gets 45 MILLION dollars for performing poorly!!! So I say, he shouldn't be complaining when everyone else has it worse than he does. He doesn't have to worry about food, water, shelter, health insurance, etc. etc. It's a bit insulting. And to be griping about his hard times when people in Haiti are buried alive... geesh! I've never been a fan of his, only flipping by his show sometimes, but now I've lost any respect for him.

Bloody hell. Got wank?

not sure why you are quoting my post? your response does not relate to anything I said.

got wank? what?

my post says nothing about Jay vs. Conan and who is funnier. Personally, I don't care... I don't watch either one. 

"""for folks who have a hard time understanding satire and irony (not what you do to your trousers to get the wrinkles out), """" Since you quoted my post are you implying that I have a hard time understanding satire and irony? If so, you really should re-read my post.

Sorry, I've never seen Everyone Loves Raymond!I meant that bringing all the worlds woes into a thread about Conans last show is a wank.

Yes, famous people get paid too much. It's true.  Conan's hardly crying about being hard done by. Sure he's a bit pissed after relocating the show and everyones families to LA just to be screwed over by NBC.

But really, what does Haiti have to do with it?

Have you lost respect for U2? Where's the millions that they've donated to the cause?

Yes they have links to help with donations, but Conan also pushed Ben Stillers funraiser Stillerstrong.com every night to raise funds for the cause.

He had a contract with a severence package built in.

He also doubled all his staffs severence out of his payout, as well as paying his whole staff out of his own money during the writers strike.