Updated: U2 News For Today

jackie_llopis

4/18/10

Bono visited[/font] the Oceanographic Museum of Monaco[/font] last Friday afternoon. [/font]During the brief visit, the singer enjoyed the exhibit "Cornucopia" by his friend, Damien Hirst.[/font]

The singer made a couple of jokes about the monumental installations. "[/font]I was excited about the great chemistry that comes from the alliance between the architecture of the building, collections and works of Damien Hirst."[/font]

bono-musee-oceanographique-de-monaco.jpg

via: http://u2miracle.com/noti...oceanografico-de-monaco/

here are some more recent pics of him with fans in France:

salute2.jpg

453126279589b25f31231.jpg

So here's some U2 related news that I found today:

This is another rumour-

But this Belgian website is reporting that Achtung Baby Re-mastered to be released on September 4th 2010.

http://www.u2bat.be/2010/...ur-le-4-septembre-2010/#

From atu2.com-

U2 & 360 Crew Score Big at TPI Awards

U2's 360 world tour won the Live Production of the Year award Monday night at the TPI Awards in London. And some of U2's crew also picked up individual awards: Dallas Schoo, Edge's guitar tech, was named Backline Technician of the Year and Willie Williams was named Lighting Designer of the Year and won the Video Visionary Award. The annual awards are hosted by Total Production International magazine.

From BBC-

Larry Mullen Jr. Lends His Voice to Family Guy Cartoon Spin-off "The Cleveland Show".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/new...id_10057200/10057213.stm

From MTV-

The Edge Spotted With Mary J. Blige-

About a month has now passed since a horrifying earthquake struckHaiti, destroyed countless buildings and have left thousands dead. Thecountry is still in need of medical supplies, food, water and cash forrelocation purposes. The outreach from both average Americans andcelebrities has been unprecedented, and the support continues. OnMonday night, Mary J. Bligeperformed at a benefit she helped co-organize with fashion icons AndreHarrell, Donna Karan and Andre Balazs. At the Standard Hotel in NewYork, Blige took the stage (along with Wyclef Jean) and welcomed aroomful of stars from the fashion world as New York Fashion Week getsrevved up. During her performance, Blige pulled U2guitarist the Edge up with her for a feel-good moment that helped raiseeven more money for a cause that will require support for quite a longtime.

Blige also rubbed elbows with an eclectic group of guests thatincluded Michael Stipe, Robert De Niro, Whoopi Goldberg and RussellSimmons.

And the only news of today that totally sucks is U2 not playing in Ireland in 2010. frown.gifwth.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's some U2 related news that I found today:

This is another rumour-

But this Belgian website is reporting that Achtung Baby Re-mastered to be released on September 4th 2010.

http://www.u2bat.be/2010/...ur-le-4-septembre-2010/#

From atu2.com-

U2 & 360 Crew Score Big at TPI Awards

U2's 360 world tour won the Live Production of the Year award Monday night at the TPI Awards in London. And some of U2's crew also picked up individual awards: Dallas Schoo, Edge's guitar tech, was named Backline Technician of the Year and Willie Williams was named Lighting Designer of the Year and won the Video Visionary Award. The annual awards are hosted by Total Production International magazine.

From BBC-

Larry Mullen Jr. Lends His Voice to Family Guy Cartoon Spin-off "The Cleveland Show".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/new...id_10057200/10057213.stm

From MTV-

The Edge Spotted With Mary J. Blige-

About a month has now passed since a horrifying earthquake struckHaiti, destroyed countless buildings and have left thousands dead. Thecountry is still in need of medical supplies, food, water and cash forrelocation purposes. The outreach from both average Americans andcelebrities has been unprecedented, and the support continues. OnMonday night, Mary J. Bligeperformed at a benefit she helped co-organize with fashion icons AndreHarrell, Donna Karan and Andre Balazs. At the Standard Hotel in NewYork, Blige took the stage (along with Wyclef Jean) and welcomed aroomful of stars from the fashion world as New York Fashion Week getsrevved up. During her performance, Blige pulled U2guitarist the Edge up with her for a feel-good moment that helped raiseeven more money for a cause that will require support for quite a longtime.

Blige also rubbed elbows with an eclectic group of guests thatincluded Michael Stipe, Robert De Niro, Whoopi Goldberg and RussellSimmons.

And the only news of today that totally sucks is U2 not playing in Ireland in 2010. frown.gifwth.gif

VERY GOOD THREAD JACKIE! Way to go!

Wondering if 'Heaven and Hell' will be completed then...(the unreleased track from the Achtung Baby sessions). I have the Achtung Baby recording sessions, and it's great to hear how they came up with those great songs. On 'Heaven and Hell', you can hear Bono call out the chords during the changes, and then telling the rest of the band to go back to the bridge section. It's a great mellow song that has that 'Moment of Surrender' feel to it.

• Subscriber

AB - my favourite album, in my opinion doesn't need remastering as it perfect as it is - but still excited about it.

BTW Jackie have you any information whether or not they will be attending the meteor awards in Dublin next Friday? I have been looking to find out but can't find any info anywhere - only they aren't performing as of yet - I'll be in Dublin on the day and would like to go to see if i can spy them at the RDS if they are about!

AB - my favourite album, in my opinion doesn't need remastering as it perfect as it is - but still excited about it.

BTW Jackie have you any information whether or not they will be attending the meteor awards in Dublin next Friday? I have been looking to find out but can't find any info anywhere - only they aren't performing as of yet - I'll be in Dublin on the day and would like to go to see if i can spy them at the RDS if they are about!

hmm I don't know yet, but I'll try to find out!!! I bet they'll be there...I don't want to say just yet, because they haven't turned out for any of the other awards..but then again, this is Dublin. so I'll do my best to find out!! happy.gif