jackie_llopis

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's something I found today 2/11/10:

from azcentral.com-

Music of Ireland

"The Music of Ireland - Welcome Home," a documentary featuring interviews and performances from U2, Pete Seeger, Sinead O'Connor and the Chieftans will debut on New York public television station WLIW on Feb. 17, then roll out to other PBS affiliates throughout March.

"Music of Ireland" will be available as a CD and DVD in a number of outlets: Barnes & Noble is the exclusive brick and mortar retail partner and will debut an in-store promotional campaign on March 2; Amazon.com will feature all the CD tracks digitally on a 45-day exclusive starting that same day. In addition, the CD and DVD will be bundled as a bonus for those who donate to public television during pledge drives.

The CD was produced by John Reynolds and features new material by Clannad's Moya Brennan - who also hosts the documentary - O'Connor, the Chieftans, former Irish Tenor Ronan Tynan and Shane MacGowan of the Pogues, among others.

The documentary "Music of Ireland" opens in 1960 with the success of the pioneering Clancy Brothers, and includes Liam Clancy's final U.S. television interview before his death. Other interviews include "Riverdance's" Michael Flatley, Bob Geldof and Academy Award-nominated director Jim Sheridan.

A sequel to the "Music of Ireland" is planned for later this year, and will focus on U2, Celtic Woman, The Cranberries, The Corrs, the Irish Tenors and songwriters Glen Hansard and Damien Rice.

The documentary was executive produced by The Elevation Group's Denny Young.

"For such a small country to produce such amazing talent and the way their music defines the people is just extraordinary," Young says. "It has fascinated me for most of my life and is something I wanted more people to be in tune with."

I don't know if this means there will be new U2 interviews in this documentary or old ones thrown in it, but if anyone in new york is able to watch it on the 17th, could ya let us know if its any good? lol thanks in advance!! :)

• Subscriber

[quote name='jackie_llopis wrote:

Zhivvy']AB - my favourite album, in my opinion doesn't need remastering as it perfect as it is - but still excited about it.

BTW Jackie have you any information whether or not they will be attending the meteor awards in Dublin next Friday? I have been looking to find out but can't find any info anywhere - only they aren't performing as of yet - I'll be in Dublin on the day and would like to go to see if i can spy them at the RDS if they are about!

hmm I don't know yet, but I'll try to find out!!! I bet they'll be there...I don't want to say just yet, because they haven't turned out for any of the other awards..but then again, this is Dublin. so I'll do my best to find out!! happy.gif

Thanks Jackie, you are a star!!! It is driving me madsearching everywhere but obviously not in the right places lol!!!happy.gif Keeping my fingers that they will be there!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

jackie_llopis wrote:

Zhivvy']AB - my favourite album, in my opinion doesn't need remastering as it perfect as it is - but still excited about it.

BTW Jackie have you any information whether or not they will be attending the meteor awards in Dublin next Friday? I have been looking to find out but can't find any info anywhere - only they aren't performing as of yet - I'll be in Dublin on the day and would like to go to see if i can spy them at the RDS if they are about!

hmm I don't know yet, but I'll try to find out!!! I bet they'll be there...I don't want to say just yet, because they haven't turned out for any of the other awards..but then again, this is Dublin. so I'll do my best to find out!!
happy.gif

Thanks Jackie, you are a star!!! It is driving me madsearching everywhere but obviously not in the right places lol!!!happy.gif Keeping my fingers that they will be there!Thanks lol, I hope they're there too! And I'll keep looking around to see if they'll be there. Would you happen to know if the award show will be streamed live on the Meteor site, or will it just be something that the people in Ireland will get to see?

Thank you , you put so much time in typing as well , good news , I remember the older zoo used to keep up to date with everything , now its pretty quiet.....

Shame we dont get New york telly here.....

oh its no problem happy.gif

lol and I wish I got NY channels here too! hopefully one of the local channels where I live will show this documentary!

• Subscriber

[quote name='jackie_llopis wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

jackie_llopis wrote:

hmm I don't know yet, but I'll try to find out!!! I bet they'll be there...I don't want to say just yet, because they haven't turned out for any of the other awards..but then again, this is Dublin. so I'll do my best to find out!!
happy.gif

Thanks Jackie, you are a star!!! It is driving me madsearching everywhere but obviously not in the right places lol!!!
happy.gif
 Keeping my fingers that they will be there!
Thanks lol, I hope they're there too! And I'll keep looking around to see if they'll be there. Would you happen to know if the award show will be streamed live on the Meteor site, or will it just be something that the people in Ireland will get to see?

I'll try and find out from my friends over there! Or find out which tv channel it is on the maybe you can find a livefeed

• Subscriber
here's something I found today 2/11/10:

from azcentral.com-

Music of Ireland

"The Music of Ireland - Welcome Home," a documentary featuring interviews and performances from U2, Pete Seeger, Sinead O'Connor and the Chieftans will debut on New York public television station WLIW on Feb. 17, then roll out to other PBS affiliates throughout March.

"Music of Ireland" will be available as a CD and DVD in a number of outlets: Barnes & Noble is the exclusive brick and mortar retail partner and will debut an in-store promotional campaign on March 2; Amazon.com will feature all the CD tracks digitally on a 45-day exclusive starting that same day. In addition, the CD and DVD will be bundled as a bonus for those who donate to public television during pledge drives.

The CD was produced by John Reynolds and features new material by Clannad's Moya Brennan - who also hosts the documentary - O'Connor, the Chieftans, former Irish Tenor Ronan Tynan and Shane MacGowan of the Pogues, among others.

The documentary "Music of Ireland" opens in 1960 with the success of the pioneering Clancy Brothers, and includes Liam Clancy's final U.S. television interview before his death. Other interviews include "Riverdance's" Michael Flatley, Bob Geldof and Academy Award-nominated director Jim Sheridan.

A sequel to the "Music of Ireland" is planned for later this year, and will focus on U2, Celtic Woman, The Cranberries, The Corrs, the Irish Tenors and songwriters Glen Hansard and Damien Rice.

The documentary was executive produced by The Elevation Group's Denny Young.

"For such a small country to produce such amazing talent and the way their music defines the people is just extraordinary," Young says. "It has fascinated me for most of my life and is something I wanted more people to be in tune with."

I don't know if this means there will be new U2 interviews in this documentary or old ones thrown in it, but if anyone in new york is able to watch it on the 17th, could ya let us know if its any good? lol thanks in advance!! :)

sound like the videos I've seen from Netflix. they were really good and did talk about U2 quite a bit.

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

jackie_llopis wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

jackie_llopis wrote:

happy.gif

Thanks Jackie, you are a star!!! It is driving me madsearching everywhere but obviously not in the right places lol!!!
happy.gif
 Keeping my fingers that they will be there!
Thanks lol, I hope they're there too! And I'll keep looking around to see if they'll be there. Would you happen to know if the award show will be streamed live on the Meteor site, or will it just be something that the people in Ireland will get to see?

I'll try and find out from my friends over there! Or find out which tv channel it is on the maybe you can find a livefeedok, ill keep asking around on both questions