Updated: U2 News For Today

jackie_llopis

• Subscriber

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

Shannon387 wrote:

xtraspicy62']who is the red head then?

That's the model Helena Christiansen (sp?). She's good friends with the band.

thanks shannon, that was so good of you to answer....wonder how she got in so good with them? what does she got that we dont, eh? that smoldering look on her face is NOT a good thing for ALI. c'mon! whT THE HECK IS GOING ON?

I would imagine Ali and the other wives/better halves don't have anything to worry about and likely don't pay much attention to that sort of thing. I wouldn't read too much into it. wink.gif I believe Ali is actually good friends with a few of them but not entirely sure. lol

If memory serves me right...and the rumors are true...I believe she dated Adam once upon a time ages ago, but since then her and the others came to be good friends with the group. It's possible they got to know a lot of models through Adam's dating escapades. He did go through a model phase for quite some time and was engaged to Naomi Campbell at one point.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Shannon387 wrote:

thanks shannon, that was so good of you to answer....wonder how she got in so good with them? what does she got that we dont, eh? that smoldering look on her face is NOT a good thing for ALI. c'mon! whT THE HECK IS GOING ON?

I would imagine Ali and the other wives/better halves don't have anything to worry about and likely don't pay much attention to that sort of thing. I wouldn't read too much into it. wink.gif I believe Ali is actually good friends with a few of them but not entirely sure. lol

If memory serves me right...and the rumors are true...I believe she dated Adam once upon a time ages ago, but since then her and the others came to be good friends with the group. It's possible they got to know a lot of models through Adam's dating escapades. He did go through a model phase for quite some time and was engaged to Naomi Campbell at one point.

[quote name='Shannon387 wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

Shannon387 wrote:

wow,  didnt know! 

thanks shannon...that is so very interesting to a newbie like me...it seems I keep learning more and more about u2 every day.....

been watching old youtube clips, and bono does indeed swear quite a lot, so why cant we say certain words on this fan site?

Just an interesting new discovery i made...

they really are just rock and roll stars, smoking drinking, swearing, posing, wearing tight pants....not really the angels...

but have they changed now as theyve gotton older, into more of the humanitarian types?

• Subscriber

No, they've always been like that I just think people get a wrong image of them inside their head because of their humanitarian work. People seem to equate their celebrity status, Christian beliefs, and humanitarianism and all the good work they do with being well "perfect and angelic" when really they're just normal people underneath it all subject to the same life experiences as the rest of us. I do think they have matured through the years just as any other person would. It's just that they did it in the spotlight.

If your looking to learn more about them you should look into buying, or borrowing from the library, the U2 by U2 book. It's a great read, loads of good photos and it will catch you up through the Vertigo years.

I think the swearing bit not being entirely permitted is because some zootops may be younger and not quite of an adult age and also to try and keep the peace.

• Subscriber

No, they've always been like that I just think people get a wrong image of them inside their head because of their humanitarian work. People seem to equate their celebrity status, Christian beliefs, and humanitarianism and all the good work they do with being well "perfect and angelic" when really they're just normal people underneath it all subject to the same life experiences as the rest of us. I do think they have matured through the years just as any other person would. It's just that they did it in the spotlight.

If your looking to learn more about them you should look into buying, or borrowing from the library, the U2 by U2 book. It's a great read, loads of good photos and it will catch you up through the Vertigo years.

I think the swearing bit not being entirely permitted is because some zootops may be younger and not quite of an adult age and also to try and keep the peace.

Lights, camera, action ... Orangeville goes Hollywood

Although producers of the film Man on the Train, which started filming in Orangeville last week, were quick to mention Donald Sutherland was playing a starring role, mum was the word when it came to co-star Larry Mullen Jr., the drummer from famed Irish band U2, making his debut acting performance. Security was tightened on the various sets as word spread about the elusive rock star. Although traffic was inconvenienced on Broadway during filming, residents seemed to enjoy this version of stargazing and downtown businesses were busy ringing up their cash registers.

http://www.orangeville.co...angeville-goes-hollywood

be5ca62e4a82bbc5f212467.jpg

CT_mullen.jpg

pgn_mullenshot.jpg

• Subscriber

Shannon387 wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

Shannon387 wrote:

I would imagine Ali and the other wives/better halves don't have anything to worry about and likely don't pay much attention to that sort of thing. I wouldn't read too much into it.
wink.gif
I believe Ali is actually good friends with a few of them but not entirely sure. lol

wow,  didnt know! 

Helena also dated Michael Hutchence of INXS for a long time too, and they could have become friends through him too.

• Subscriber

Shannon387 wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

Shannon387 wrote:

I would imagine Ali and the other wives/better halves don't have anything to worry about and likely don't pay much attention to that sort of thing. I wouldn't read too much into it.
wink.gif
I believe Ali is actually good friends with a few of them but not entirely sure. lol

wow,  didnt know! 

Helena also dated Michael Hutchence of INXS for a long time too, and they could have become friends through him too.