The countdown-thread

• Subscriber

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

nikki1120']Zhivvy! how many shows is it for you now!!!??? I am SO jealous! (ok, happy for you too!)

This summer Paris will be my fourth and 3 for 360 last year - I'm normally happy with one or two each tour - but not this one lol!!! my bank account is not happy lol!

LOL . . . that was me during Vertigo, OUCH!!!  Europeans and Americans are sooooo lucky though as we ALWAYS get several legs of every tour!!!

I know we are so lucky - Although I do wish that there were some UK dates to save money on the flights and hotel costs etc... but not complaining it is my choice to go to these places and 4 shows in 5 weeks seeing the best band in the world cannot complain at all. But it has meant that I have had to pull out of the Cardiff half marathon frown.gif As i just cannot afford to do it all - the registration was fine but then needed to pay to get down there and then for the hotel for a couple nights it was all adding up so something had to go and it was the race before Bono lol!!! But I am now lookng for one to do in the new year instead as I was eally enjoying training for it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I've always thought they'd end the tour in Ireland/UK, so maybe next year after N.A.? Hope that I'm right, lol. Too bad about the Cardiff run, but you know, there will be others and it's not like U2 tours all that often, so your priorities are correct imho!!!

• Subscriber
I've always thought they'd end the tour in Ireland/UK, so maybe next year after N.A.? Hope that I'm right, lol. Too bad about the Cardiff run, but you know, there will be others and it's not like U2 tours all that often, so your priorities are correct imho!!!
I'm hpoing for those dates!! And so happy that you agree with my priorities!! lol! And I will do a half marathon but one nearer to home and in the new year!
  • Subscriber

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

jbarnych']9 more months...only 9 more months...hurry up and be May already!!

Plenty of time for a new, re-worked show with a new album out, don't you think???!!! thumbsup.gif

Yes!! I think I remember reading somewhere that there would be a whole new show for us. I think it was Rolling Stone. I'll have to check.

• Subscriber

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

Janette B wrote:

Plenty of time for a new, re-worked show with a new album out, don't you think???!!!
thumbsup.gif

Yes!! I think I remember reading somewhere that there would be a whole new show for us. I think it was Rolling Stone. I'll have to check.

Does that mean that I'll have to save and get over to America for another show?

• Subscriber

Janette B wrote:

Plenty of time for a new, re-worked show with a new album out, don't you think???!!!
thumbsup.gif

I did read it on the Rolling Stone website:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/david-fricke/blogs/DavidFricke_May2010/192590/38726

It was at the very end. Here's what Bono says:

"We'll maybe have a new album – I think we probably will. So it's kind of wonderful. Those people are going to have tickets to a whole new show with new songs. It's going to be very exciting next year."

So, Zhiv, maybe you should save and come see a show over here.

• Subscriber
Vienna gig : 7 days (Zhivvy, ClaireT) = single digit!!!
Zürich 1 gig : 18 days (Lumacy)
Paris gig : 25 days (Barbara1, Lumacy, Jojes, Chrissie, Electricco, Zhivvy!!!)
Brussels 1 gig : 30 days (Barbara1, Lumacy, Jojes, Chrissie, Electricco)
Brussels 2 gig : 31 days (Lumacy, Chrissie, Electricco)
Muse in Los Angeles : 32 days (jbarnych)
Katie's Orlando vacation : 32 days (KatiemL)
Kristaps flies to Milan - 39 days

Rome gig: 41 days
Kristaps flies home: 46 days
Zhivvy running the Cardiff half-marathon: 54 days (better be getting those running shoes on even if i am on holiday!)
Katie's Halloween Vegas trip : 60 days (KatiemL)
Zhivvy going to Dublin again: 61 days (maybe more luck this time round on finding some men!!!) ==> dropping under the 200 !!!
Larry's birthday: 64 days
Katie's birthday : 105 days (KatiemL)
Christmas : 125 days (just to scare us all for getting it all ready in time!)
Denver Indian Market : 152 days (KatiemL)
Territory Days : 271 days (KatiemL)
Denver: 270 days (Jbarnych) - less than 300 days til the NA Tour!!!
Salt Lake City show: 273 days (Jbarnych)
Seattle: 284 days (Nikki1120)
Anaheim 1: 297 days (Jbarnych, Janette B, Collectoraholic)
Anaheim 2 298 days (Jbarnych, Collectoraholic, Nikki1120)
Montreal 2: 319 days (Collectoraholic)
Minneapolis: 333 days (Collectoraholic)
Katie's dream trip to Dublin : 379 days (KatiemL)
  • Subscriber

jbarnych wrote:

Janette B wrote:

thumbsup.gif

I did read it on the Rolling Stone website:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/david-fricke/blogs/DavidFricke_May2010/192590/38726

It was at the very end. Here's what Bono says:

"We'll maybe have a new album – I think we probably will. So it's kind of wonderful. Those people are going to have tickets to a whole new show with new songs. It's going to be very exciting next year."

So, Zhiv, maybe you should save and come see a show over here.

If i get a job this is what i will be saving for!!!! keeping everything crossed!

• Subscriber

Make that a Calif. show, Zhivvy so we will all have a chance to meet you (and you can stay at my house and help me drive everyone crazy with U2 talk, lol)!!!

Now, you know that Bono tends to go into overdrive making promises that don't always come true, lol (such enthusiasm, like a little kid!), but if I'm not mistaken Paul McG and maybe Adam have said similar things???? So, may really happen!!!

• Subscriber
Make that a Calif. show, Zhivvy so we will all have a chance to meet you (and you can stay at my house and help me drive everyone crazy with U2 talk, lol)!!!

Now, you know that Bono tends to go into overdrive making promises that don't always come true, lol (such enthusiasm, like a little kid!), but if I'm not mistaken Paul McG and maybe Adam have said similar things???? So, may really happen!!!

Thanks for the invite Janette - if i had the money would be over there in a flash - would be great, U2 shows and meeting more Zootops - who are the best nationality in the world!

And as for the news Bono promised about new stuff etc... I'll have a word with my new friends Paul and Edge on Monday in Vienna and see what they have to say about it!