please stay a child somewhere in your heart

U2LAWoman

• Subscriber
i knew it, zhiv!! really, i did... think you'll find a lot off these 'classics' hiding in childrens stories... also liked Narnia, and the symbolics in that one...
There are some many essays done on Narnia and the bible - apparently it was written as another version(ish)of the bible. There are many similarities.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

Zhivvy']Jumping in puddles!

oohh, thats a good one, zhivvy! do ya jump into piles of autumm leaves too? Love it!!

love the leaves too! and making snowballs! and i love dr seus stories.....
horton hears a who!!
is my fav. and also love 
the grinch who stole xmas
...and disney:
monsters & co 
and 
the emperor's new groove....

great, me too, and The Lion King, is a movie with a message for anyone, regardless of age!

Ok, sad English literature teacher trivia - did you know that the story of thr Lion King is pretty much the plot of Hamlet?what? doesn't everyone die in Hamlet?

• Subscriber

[quote name='frown.gifxtraspicy62 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

oohh, thats a good one, zhivvy! do ya jump into piles of autumm leaves too? Love it!!

horton hears a who!!
is my fav. and also love 
...and disney:
monsters & co 
and 

great, me too, and The Lion King, is a movie with a message for anyone, regardless of age!

Ok, sad English literature teacher trivia - did you know that the story of thr Lion King is pretty much the plot of Hamlet?
what? doesn't everyone die in Hamlet?

As far as I know Simba and Nala are still alive....right???frown.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

U2LAWoman wrote:

jbarnych']Legos and Mad Libs are 2 of my favorite things. Oh, and I still watch Sesame Street from time to time.
smile.gif

What are Mad Libs? I love Sesame Street too. The Muppets are my all-time favorites..wocka..wocka.
Mad Libs are great fun. It is a book of funny little stories where you fill in the blanks. You are told what part of speech (noun, verb, adjective, etc.) to use. Once all the blanks are filled in, you read what you have. It usually leaves me in tears from laughing so hard. You play with friends. It's more fun that way. You also don't know what the story is until you have finished filling in the missing parts. If you go into any bookstore, you should be able to find them in with the children's books.

Mad Libs sounds like a game I would have fun playing! Have  you played Apples to Oranges..or is it Apples to Apples?? It's a red box, I call it the  yelling game. laugh.gif Because that's what happens when we play it at my sisters!!

• Subscriber
Now, with my kid, I'm back to my child behavior, playing with litle dolls, making them houses, I love that. With bubles, and balls, etc

But I think I have never grew up completly....

I never have grown up completely too, and what's funny is my daughter gave me some blue play-dough for Christmas. She really knows her mommy..grin.gif I love the way play-dough smells. smile.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='nazhira wrote:

Zhivvy']I sometimes don't turn over the disney channel when she has gone to bed and continue watching - and enjoying!

Me too... I love Curious George

Do you guys watch icarly??! lol okay...let's all confess....roll.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

frown.gif

xtraspicy62 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

horton hears a who!!
is my fav. and also love 
...and disney:
monsters & co 
and 

Ok, sad English literature teacher trivia - did you know that the story of thr Lion King is pretty much the plot of Hamlet?
what? doesn't everyone die in Hamlet?

As far as I know Simba and Nala are still alive....right???frown.gif

That's why i said pretty much the same plot!!! think of evil uncle, mother marrying uncle, seeing ghost of father. But don't forget it is disney - they can't all die!!!