We Miss You BC

vertigoed

• Subscriber

since all of this happened before my time here, i wont take  position bout it...

but i cant see a reason for any mod to delete posts if there was nothing wrong with them, or to ban someone without a reason... so i'm giving BW the benefit of the doubt... although i know my opinion isnt needed here, i'm just a zootop enjoying the boards and i leave the monitoring to the mods. as far as i know, they're doin a good job with it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Hello

I do not usually do this, out of respect for our members privacy as I prefer to keep disciplinary actions out of the public view unless absolutely necessary(all of you that have gotten a PM from me about behavior on the boards can attest to that), which sadly has become the case here, so it's my turn, lets address ALL issues, my responses in all caps and in bold

Baja

This was deleted so... just posting it again.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Interestingly, Bigwave posted this defamatory post about webeida (aka bandcompletely, aka humptydumpty) AFTER he was banned.  It's a cunning trick because it allows a moderator to justify their position without providing proof and without the risk of receiving a defensive response from the accused.

Let's go down through what bigwave stated:

Mr All innocent otherwise known as webeida was banned for repeatedly ignoring forum rules, using threatening behaviour and language and dissing mods, i.e me.

TRUE -Baja

Mr all innocent is all innocent until proven otherwise.

FOR THE RECORD, ALL COMPLAINTS AND DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS ARE/HAVE TO BE DOCUMENTED. PERMANENT BANNING (OPPOSED TO A TEMPORARY SUSPENSION) IS ONLY BY CONSENSUS OF BOTH ADMIN'S AND MODS, WITH MODS HAVING TO PROVE THE NECESSITY OF THE ACTION.

-Baja

Webeida has never ignored forum rules.  He read the "house rules" and he is confused as to which rules exactly he broke.  Bigwave has stopped very short of being clear on this.

THE RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS (PLEASE GO TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU WILL SEE THIS IS A ACCURATE COPY/PASTE). -Baja

You will be considered in violation if you (or others using youraccount) do any of the following: Post, transmit, promote, ordistribute content that is illegal.
Thou shall not disrupt the flow ofchat in chat rooms, or discussions threads with vulgar language
,abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting largeimages so the screen goes by too fast to read, etc. User may notimpersonate another U2.com member (including celebrities), attempt toget a password, other account information, or other private informationfrom a U2.com member, dominate this website with their views, or thosewho use it for harassment or with malice towards anyone, posts thatovertake other users posts, Making repetitive posts in the MessageForum or News Comments, Posting advertising on the website, and tryingto solicit money for charity,
After being banned return under anotherusername
, You register and then delete your email address.

[MODIFICATION, SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION]

We reserve the right at any time to suspend, modify or discontinue,temporarily or permanently, any portion of the Site or the Club with orwithout prior notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or toany third party for any suspension, modification or discontinuance.

U2.com expressly reserves the right to immediately modify, suspend orterminate your account and refuse current or future use of any U2.comservice,
including Artist Clubs in the following situations:
(a) ifU2.com in its sole discretion believes you have violated or tried toviolate the rights of others; or (
B)
if we become aware of informationindicating a safety concern for you, other U2.com users, or the generalpublic, or © if U2.com in its sole discretion, believes that you haveacted inconsistently with the spirit or letter of the TOS or theseAdditional Terms.
Artist Clubs and their benefits are offered at thediscretion of U2.com and U2.com has the right to modify or discontinue,temporarily or permanently, the Artist Club service, in whole or inpart for any reason, at its sole discretion, with or without notice toyou. You agree that U2.com will not be liable to you or any third partyfor any modifications or discontinuance of the Artist Club service.

We, in our sole and absolute discretion, may terminate your access tothe Site or your account for any reason, including, without limitation,your breach of these Terms, with or without notice to you and withoutliability to you or any third party. Upon such termination, we: (i) mayimmediately deactivate or delete your account and all relatedinformation and files in such accounts and/or bar any further access tosuch account or files, without liability to you or any third party fordoing so or (ii) will not refund your membership or any other fees youhave paid to the Club.

Webeida has been accused of using threatening behaviour and language.  There are a huge number of users on here that have been in contact with webeida both through thread posts and private messages and have never received a threat of any sort from him.  Bigwave, again, has provided no proof.

WEBEIDA IS A VERY GOOD WRITER AND POSTS HIS STORIES ON THIS FORUM, AS EVERYONE IS ALLOWED TO DO, HOWEVER HE WAS ASKED SEVERAL TIMES TO TONE IT DOWN. REGRETFULLY HE CHOOSE TO CONTINUE TO POST STORIES THAT CONTAINED VIOLENCE, THREATENED VIOLENCE IN THE STORY, OR VIOLATED THE TOS. THOSE STORIES HAVE SINCE BEEN REMOVED, AND ACTION WAS TAKEN. HE CANNOT CLAIM HE DOES NOT KNOW WHY HE WAS BANNED -Baja

Webeida is guilty of dissing a mod, only because that mod has been disabling the use of this forum for that user for no clear and defined reason.  Webeida was banned from this forum as a paid user without any reason whatsover and without a refund for the remainder of the subscription fee for the period of time that had not elapsed.

DISRESPECT OF MODS (usually cursing or blatant disrespect) EARNS A 1 WEEK SUSPENSION FOR THE INITIAL ACTION, BUT IN THIS CASE IT IS NOT THE DISSING THAT IS THE PROBLEM, IT IS HIS CONTINUAL REFUSAL TO ABIDE BY THE TOS. WE TRY AND REMOVE ALL POSTS FROM BANNED MEMBERS

SEE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, NO REFUNDS ARE GIVEN., NO NOTICE (WHICH HE DID HAVE IN THE INITIAL WEBEIDA ACCOUNT) IS NEEDED - Baja

Bigwave goes on to state:

Many of this persons posts were removed, as being against the TOS -  that's why you don't see those, also a previously banned member is not allowed to rejoin under another name (which is what has happened here - in this case under many names)

Many of this persons posts were NOT removed, as being against the TOS.  This is a blatant lie.  Webeida always deleted his own posts and sometimes whole threads.  Bigwave knows this but he would like you to think that they are in full control and that it was they who deleted this user's many posts.

THIS ONE IS TRUE ON BOTH ACCOUNTS. MANY OF HIS POSTS WERE REMOVED. ALSO MANY OF HIS POSTS WERE DELETED BY THE USER. LASTLY, ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS THE USER DELETED HIS OWN POSTS (we can see this in the controls btw), THEN CLAIMED ON THE FORUM THAT A) HIS ACCOUNT WAS HACKED,(which unnecessarily concerned others in regards to their accounts privacy) AND/OR B) THE MODS INDISCRIMINATELY ERASED HIS POSTS. I HELPFULLY RESTORED HIS POSTS AND TOLD HIM TO HAVE BETTER SECURITY ON HIS COMPUTER (when he claimed the hacking), AS THE LOG SHOWED THE POSTS WERE DELETED BY A) HIS ACCOUNT & B) FROM HIS I.P. ADDRESS, AFTERWARD HE ADMITTED TO DELETING THE POSTS, AND TO LYING ABOUT IT. - Baja

That's THE REAL REASON why you don't see those. 

It's true, a previously banned member is not allowed to rejoin under another nameThis has happened here because webeida was banned for no justifiable reason. Webeida would like to know the REAL reason, not the baseless reasons provided above. 

SEE ABOVE

Bigwave concludes that webeida has returned under many names.  Webeida returned as bandcompletely because he was banned completely for no reason.  Subsequently, webeida was banned as bandcompletely, again for no reason.  Therefore, he created another username: humptydumpty.  He was subsequently banned as humptydumpty without any basis other than what bigwave stated above.

SEE ABOVE, ALSO SEE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND THE USER ADMITTED TO THE ALIASES (LOOK AT THE POSTS ABOVE THIS ONE) - Baja

Believe what you wish but the truth is only found in evidence.  No evidence, no truth.  Webeida's evidence is found in his posts and his interaction with fellow users.  Where is bigwave's evidence?  He just deletes the truth.

[directed at Robisoncrusoe] BIGWAVE DOESN'T NEED EVIDENCE, THIS ISN'T A COURT OF LAW SO QUIT WITH THE RHETORIC, AND YOU NEED TO STOP TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, & STOP STIRRING THE POT AS YOUR ACCUSATIONS ARE UPSETTING AND UNTRUE, AND IN COLLUSION WITH THE BANNED PARTY (and in violations of the TOS, and yes consider this an official warning)

ALSO, FOR THE RECORD, YES, SEVERAL PEOPLE IN ONE TIME OR ANOTHER HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED/BANNED AND THEY HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO RETURN, OF COURSE THEY DID NOT CAUSE ANY TROUBLE DURING THEIR BANNING AND HAVE RESPECTED THE TOS EVER SINCE. SADLY, THIS CANNOT BE SAID OF WEBEIDA/BAND COMPLETELY/HUMPTY DUMPTY/ ET AL.,

I AM NOW CLOSING THE THREAD, AS I THINK WE ARE ALL TIRED OF THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

BAJA

U2.COM ADMINISTRATOR