NEW SOA NEWS! June? god i hope so after the shitbrits im watchin!

MacFoley

• Subscriber

New U2 Album Expected In June

by Paul Cashmere - February 13 2010

photo by Ros O'Gorman

Bono is saying the next U2 album will be called `Songs of Ascent’. He should know.

In an interview with Sean O’Hagan, Bono called ‘Songs of Ascent’ thesister album to ‘No Line Of The Horizon’, similar to how ‘Zooropa’ and‘Achtung Baby’ were bookends.

Atu2.com says the album is expected to be produced by Brian Eno andDaniel Lanois once again, with additional work by Steve Lillywhite.

Some of the songs are expected to be the leftover tracks from ‘No Line On The Horizon’, but some are older.

Songs expected to be used include ‘North Star’, an unused track from ‘How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb’.

‘Winter’, the song that didn’t make ‘No Line On The Horizon’ but wasused in the movie ‘Brothers’ is expected to make the new album and‘Kingdom Of Your Love’, heard in part of the intro music of the U2 360Tour is also expected on the album.

Other tracks we might find there are “Every Breaking Wave’, ‘If ICould Live My Life Again’, ‘Love Is All We Have Left’, ‘Mercy’, ‘LeadMe In The Way I Should Go’ and ‘You Can’t Give Away Your Heart’.

Bono told the Irish Independent that the album may be out in June

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=10340_New_U2_Album_Expected_In_June

• Subscriber

It was pretty awful to watch, not sure I'll bother with it next year.  There were a few rays of hope, at least for me, really pleased Kasabian won one, and Definitely Maybe tho Liam was behaving as odd as usual (or cool as he probably sees it!), haven't heard the whole of Florence's album Lungs yet but what I've heard so far sounds good, so not all bad.