Bono's real height is finally solved?

jackie_llopis

This is a measurement book from U2's  old stylist thats on a music auction site

https://www.gottahaverockandroll.com...searchvalue=U2

and here are the pics!: (He's 5ft 7"!!) [which makes sense, because itook a picture with the Black eyed peas guitar player and he was tallerthan me and I'm 5ft 6.5" and I just watched a video from when u2 playedthe rock and roll hall of fame 25th anniversary show, and when theblack eyed peas came on stage and Bono was next to the guitar player,Bono was only a little bit shorter than him! Bono's height mystery issolved!!!!]

gottahaveit-331_lg.jpeg

gottahaveit-333_med.jpeg

from the site:

Thisleather bound measurement book was used by U2's stylist Lola Cashman torecord the measurements of Bono and the rest of the band, as well asother entertainment artists such as George Michael and the members ofhis band. The detailed measurements have been meticulously handwritten.This measurement book comes directly from the collection Ms. Cashman,who was U2's stylist throughout the 1990's. She is also the author ofthe book, "Inside the Zoo with U2.".

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Lola Cashman? She was also the woman sued by U2 for stealing personal items and stage clothing from the band when she was fired as their wardrobe person. She was caught selling the items off to make a buck. There was huge court case a few years back where Bono was suing her over a cowboy hat that he wore on the JT tour that she stole and he wanted back. Bono and the band won the case against her from what I recall.

I remember Bono saying he never wanted his feet shown in videos because he was embarrassed by his shoe size being on the smaller side. I would imagine he wouldn't be too happy about this book being out there and being sold as a collectible item.

That book she wrote? They weren't too happy about that either. I never read it but I was told it was complete trash. She revealed things that only a person working close to the band would know and that's a big no no in the business. From what I heard most of what she'd written were lies.

She blames U2 for the fact that she can no longer get a job in the industry.

God's honest truth, why would Bono be embarrassed? None of the men in my family are over 5'9" and my son is like 5'6"-maybe 5'7". He's a champion surfer and was the face model for Abercrombie & Fitch (Hollister). The average surfer size is 5'8" so the majority are smaller than that. I just don't many people that are tall AT ALL. You can't really be tall and surf, well you can but competitive wise you just don't see many tall surfers. The ones that should be embarrassed are the ones judging people by how tall someone is. That's just wacked. And yes, I think this is the chick that got her ass sued. I thought there was like an order against her that she couldn't profit off the band and she couldn't write about it or something like that. I think the whole the thing is creepy and I don't like it one bit. It's weird.

• Subscriber

LOL, im 4'11 and 3/4. Unless Bono is my height he is not considered as short as a leprechaun. I am not short enough to be a little person but I can understand the "shame" of being short. I wear heels every day. I am rarely without my heels. I wear them mostly for fashion purposes. I used to work for a shoe designer and I am 'high heel shoe' obsessed. Heels give you power if you're short. wink wink...... I would say he definetely is taller than I am so thats a plus to start. Although, I've never stood next to him in stocking feet ( I WISH!) It seems that he would be about my younger brother's height. My brother is 5'6- 5'7. He is considered to be short but no one really even notices actually. :)

my short related nicknames are the below-

little bit

red little bit

shortie

Bono's shoe size- shouldn't matter. Also height does not matter in relation to body parts. ahemmmm. no further comments....this could get ugly very fast!

• Subscriber

hahahaha still say he's shorter. 5'7 with shoes, maybe. hahah.

oh and lola cashman is a backstabbing media and money whore. lol.

Well damn, Eyeball!  You said exactly what I was trying to say in one sentence. I really need you to teach me that skill.

A backstabbing media and money whore, yep... that about sums it up.

• Subscriber
God's honest truth, why would Bono be embarrassed? None of the men in my family are over 5'9" and my son is like 5'6"-maybe 5'7". He's a champion surfer and was the face model for Abercrombie & Fitch (Hollister). The average surfer size is 5'8" so the majority are smaller than that. I just don't many people that are tall AT ALL. You can't really be tall and surf, well you can but competitive wise you just don't see many tall surfers. The ones that should be embarrassed are the ones judging people by how tall someone is. That's just wacked. And yes, I think this is the chick that got her ass sued. I thought there was like an order against her that she couldn't profit off the band and she couldn't write about it or something like that. I think the whole the thing is creepy and I don't like it one bit. It's weird.

thanks for writing this.

btw I hate being teased by people for my height [ except from close friends or family ] (Im 4'11 and 3/4") but I can see how Bono feels about the  criticism on a daily basis from people. :( 

People think I am a child unless I wear heels. LOL but seriously, I had a boyfriend that was 6'7 and he was the odd man all the time. I just couldn't deal with the stares and the comments from people. Thats not why we broke up but people over 6'3 sometimes have it worse than a shorter person.

My dad is only about 5'9 and he was a cheif on the FDNY, so short people can be very strong and powerful just like BONO!