So for all you greetin faced ballons out there....

basher1

So all of the folk who said No Line was crap and the tour is terrible get a load of this.

U2 raked in more money than any other music act in the US in 2009, according to Billboard magazine.

The music journal said U2 made $109m (£71m) from touring, record sales and other royalties - almost twice as much as the second best, Bruce Springsteen.

Springsteen took home $58m (£38m), followed by Madonna with $47m (£31m) and rockers AC/DC with $44m (£29m).

U2 are in the middle of a mammoth world tour and touring is the most lucrative activity for artists, Billboard said.

The 360 Degree tour is the most expensive ever staged, but is also playing to larger crowds because they are performing in the round.

A string of younger pop stars - Britney Spears, Pink and the Jonas Brothers - came next on the list.

Coldplay were the most successful British group, at number eight, with takings of $27m (£18m).

Michael Jackson was the top earner from CD and ringtone royalties in 2009, but only made it to number 20 on the overall list, highlighting the importance of touring to a star's pay packet. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8540694.stm

• Subscriber

not that i care, even if they werent makin a penny a year, i would still love them....and go to the concert if i was the only one there.... (mmhhh, maybe if i was only one, they would let me sit on stage...even on bono's lap maybe..., what a day for a daydream!)

• Subscriber
not that i care, even if they werent makin a penny a year, i would still love them....and go to the concert if i was the only one there.... (mmhhh, maybe if i was only one, they would let me sit on stage...even on bono's lap maybe..., what a day for a daydream!)
You'd have to fight me for the space on his lap as i'll already be superglued to him!! lol!!!

But it is good to know - after all the U2 bashing which seems to happen as soon as they release an album, single, tour or even take a breath  - that the true fans and the general public know what is a good group and who puts on one of the most amazing live shows ever. 

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1']not that i care, even if they werent makin a penny a year, i would still love them....and go to the concert if i was the only one there.... (mmhhh, maybe if i was only one, they would let me sit on stage...even on bono's lap maybe..., what a day for a daydream!)

You'd have to fight me for the space on his lap as i'll already be superglued to him!! lol!!!

But it is good to know - after all the U2 bashing which seems to happen as soon as they release an album, single, tour or even take a breath  - that the true fans and the general public know what is a good group and who puts on one of the most amazing live shows ever. 

That is so true. I agree. U2 is the BEST band in the world no matter what.

• Subscriber

"Well, this is BS! Had they had a decent album last year, a decent single, a decent promotion, a decent and entertaining arena tour around the world and to Mars they would've cashed it way, way more.

This doesn't mean thatU2 are still relevant. They're not. If they were, their album would've sold much better and all 2010 would be sold out! I bet Billboard can't count because you can't make that money without having best selling album of the year."

:D