Does anyone wish it were the 90's again?

jarablue

Well being 34 years old, turning 35 this March, I remember how good Achtung and Zooropa were.  I have such fond memories of those years.  It's kinda funny how the old U2 fans back then thought the new stuff sucked.  And here I am thinking U2's new stuff is decent, but no where near the quality of those times.  Funny how time goes by so quick.  Yet when your young you rarely think about what it might be like to not be young again.  Don't get me wrong, U2 is my #1 and will always be.  Maybe it's the loss of innocence and the bitterness and reality of the world that get's replaced.

So much fun back then.  Going out every night, drinking, working, uhhhh..smoking :).  Friends..no responsibility.  No mortgage, no kids, no wives/husbands.  Just partying and breathing in the night air.  Adventure to be had almost every day.  Now it's work, come home.  Take care of the wife and kid.  Pay the bills.  Enjoy your hobbies.  Time is almost just passing by now...

Man I hope it's get's better in the 40's.

Anyone miss those days?  1990-1995?

Has it been almost 20 years since AB?  Man, time is flying!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

It was only the other day that my husband pointed out that 1990 was 20 years ok - so I nearly killed him! Can't be, it has gone so so quickly. Although I am happy with it being 2010 it would be nice to go back to the 90s it was a great decade for me. I turned 18 in 1990 which was great.

I spent a few summers living in Greece working in bars etc...and basically getting paid to party! I had a summer in France, went to university and lived it up (bur studied hard too and got a good degree) I was slim as i spent most nights on a dance floor. I went to teach it Poland near the end of the decade which was one of the best years of my life ever.

But it all flew by so quickly - I ended the 90s and started the 00s by buying my first house and gettting engaged to a great man (now my husband). And now like you Jarablue I now have a child to look after, huge mortgage to pay off, a new car is needed but we have no money, jobs take over our lives etc.. but I am happy - really happy.

And U2 have been arpound for all of it!!! I was already into u2 in 1990 but not hugely, but then AB came along and that was it - i was hooked, for life. AB will always be my favourite - it never dates, always sounds fresh. But I do think that NLOTH is pretty mind blowing too.

And my husband turned 40 last Saturday - he said it doesn't feel too bad!!!

• Subscriber

[quote name=jarablue]Well being 34 years old, turning 35 this March, I remember how good Achtung and Zooropa were.  I have such fond memories of those years.  It's kinda funny how the old U2 fans back then thought the new stuff sucked.  And here I am thinking U2's new stuff is decent, but no where near the quality of those times.  Funny how time goes by so quick.  Yet when your young you rarely think about what it might be like to not be young again.  Don't get me wrong, U2 is my #1 and will always be.  Maybe it's the loss of innocence and the bitterness and reality of the world that get's replaced.

So much fun back then.  Going out every night, drinking, working, uhhhh..smoking :).  Friends..no responsibility.  No mortgage, no kids, no wives/husbands.  Just partying and breathing in the night air.  Adventure to be had almost every day.  Now it's work, come home.  Take care of the wife and kid.  Pay the bills.  Enjoy your hobbies.  Time is almost just passing by now...

Man I hope it's get's better in the 40's.

Anyone miss those days?  1990-1995?

Has it been almost 20 years since AB?  Man, time is flying!

I will also turn 35 in March, what a coincidence. At the beggining of the 90's I was into rap music, I used to listen to M.C. Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Snap, Public Enemy, etc.

To be honest at that moment of time I hardly heard incidentaly about U2, I knew Where the Streets Have No Name because of Pet Shop Boys version and I liked it, I didn't even imagine it was a cover..........  laugh.gif

But I have good memories about the 90's, I loved those years because my favourite football team won the last championship title in 1991 and the last national cup in 1993, what a great period of time that was and how I miss those happy football fan days!!!!

don't wanna go back into that time and relive it, duh. lol. but miss the music, movies, and culture of that time.. and when MTV and Vh1 were still music channels and all the cool stuff surrounding the music at that time. bwuahahahahahahaaa

this time period seems to meaningless artistically.... and musically.. with the few obvious exceptions.