"Move On Up!"

jackie_llopis

from atu2.com:

Bono Collaborates on Angelique Kidjo’s Upcoming OYO

March 01, 2010

By: Scott

6047-m.jpg

Bono joins Angelique Kidjo and John Legend on a new single of Curtis Mayfield’s “Move on Up†for Kidjo’s new album Oyo, to be released April 6. 

Angelique Kidjo, described by Time magazine as “Africa’spremier diva,†has interpreted music that inspired her growing up inBenin and shaped her artistic formation. Including songs by Mayfield,Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, James Brown and Miriam Makeba, there aresongs from Beninese traditional music in addition to tunes fromHollywood and Bollywood films.

More information about the album can be found here: http://www.kidjo.com.

The song "Move On Up" starts automatically when you click on the link to the site.

hehehehehe i like it!!!! i liked some of her stuff from before, but didnt know much about her, but always thought she seemed like a cool lady with a neat style. they used to do segments on her on CNN's old music/art show "Worldbeat" a while back.  neat to see bono duetting with her! its very groovy and dancey and fun. :D

ass shaking and head bopping kinda beat!  think it even samples an old 70's philadelphia tune with the saxophones.. forgot what it was called. 

She's so great, she's the one who covered "Mysterious ways" on the Africa celebrates U2 cd. You should already be able to buy it in Europe, but I still have to give it a listen.

Oh how I wish to hear her live...