REM cover of "One"

colinkellyclyde1

Hi. I host the weekday 10am-2pm show on Clyde 1 in Glasgow and each day at 1.15pm I play a cover version or live session track.

Recently, I discovered REM doing a live version of "One" and I was thinking of playing that some time.

However, as a U2 fan I realise "One" is something of an iconic song which perhaps shouldn't be messed with by anyone.

So I'm hoping you'll help me with a quick straw poll.. would you want to hear REM doing "One" on my radio show?

(For info, today I played the acoustic mix of "Who's Gonna Run Your Wild Horses?")

Thanks.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Hi. I host the weekday 10am-2pm show on Clyde 1 in Glasgow and each day at 1.15pm I play a cover version or live session track.

Recently, I discovered REM doing a live version of "One" and I was thinking of playing that some time.

However, as a U2 fan I realise "One" is something of an iconic song which perhaps shouldn't be messed with by anyone.

So I'm hoping you'll help me with a quick straw poll.. would you want to hear REM doing "One" on my radio show?

(For info, today I played the acoustic mix of "Who's Gonna Run Your Wild Horses?")

Thanks.

Wouldn't be the Automatic Baby version with 2 REMs and 2 U2s would it?