And Chile?

rodolfoaedo

Hello, my name is Rodolfo Aedo, live in southern Chile on one of the regions affected by the earthquake, and I would ask if they can bring this message to members of U2, this whole week we have been campaigning to raise money and supplies for the victims of the earthquake, and have received great cooperation from different agencies and friendly countries, besides many personalities delivering a message of support for our victims, artists, politicians, etc.. but maybe people who many hoped was a greeting of members of U2, and has already spent a week and have not spoken, I would like to do so, even Coldplay, and Roger Waters sent his greetings and condolences, and the band we all expected a gesture of support have not received anything, I just want to ask that, a greeting, I do not think that we did not score as much rating as Haiti does not deserve a greeting from the band that many here still since its inception, the we want and we supported unconditionally since the end of time.

Greetings from where the earth comes alive.

Force Chile!!!

• Subscriber

I kind of wondered why there seems to be little (no) attention about Chile apart from normal reporting? No telethon? No special song? Chileans deserve attention too . . . . we're with you in spirit!!

• Subscriber
I kind of wondered why there seems to be little (no) attention about Chile apart from normal reporting? No telethon? No special song? Chileans deserve attention too . . . . we're with you in spirit!!

Just what i have been thinking Janette - seems strange that the rallying around and the fundraising for Haiti and now nothing

• Subscriber

Not even a mention . . . . that's the thing about all these telethons and fundraising concerts, there's always another disaster and the public gets immune to it. But, I didn't think the ENTIRE music and movie world who are always so vocal would also be immune to it???

• Subscriber

Unless things have been done and said but because of all the media coverage on haiti the powers that be in the media world have decided not to talk about it as much. Maybe they think other things are more important - and clearly they are wrong. These people need to be remembered, in prayers and at the forefront of our minds that they need to be helped

• Subscriber

Maybe, but something tells me that Chile has been largely forgotten. I wonder if it is because even though Chile's earthquake was stronger, Haiti suffered more devastation? And this is going to sound really bad . . . . because of Haiti's devastation, it makes a more compelling news story? Have I become totally cynical . . . I hope not because you are so right, the Chileans deserve to be remembered and prayed for as well!!!!

• Subscriber
Maybe, but something tells me that Chile has been largely forgotten. I wonder if it is because even though Chile's earthquake was stronger, Haiti suffered more devastation? And this is going to sound really bad . . . . because of Haiti's devastation, it makes a more compelling news story? Have I become totally cynical . . . I hope not because you are so right, the Chileans deserve to be remembered and prayed for as well!!!!
I don't think that you have become too cynical Janette, just more observant that the media has!

• Subscriber

i don know why either, but they did make a great deal bout haiti already bein one of the poorest countries before this happened and not able to help themselves? i do hope chili gets help too!

but like you said, there's gonna be another disaster and people get a bit 'tired' of it...sadly... and it was right after the holidays, maybe the x-mas-spirit was still talking ?