HAIL HAIL the ZHIVSTER! bolton chicks are cool!

MacFoley

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

anyway, its not the end of the world, i suppose zhiv and me are in a similar situation! but then what else can you do! people always say something will come up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but not being a party pooper, its not everyday you see teacher jobs come up, and in my case (no taking any thunder away from you zhiv) music teaching jobs.

to be honest i dont really care, if it comes up now i know what to do better for it, but i aint going to worry about it. we will get by! aslong as we still have the info in our heads when we are asked to come in, thats whats important.

• Subscriber
anyway, its not the end of the world, i suppose zhiv and me are in a similar situation! but then what else can you do! people always say something will come up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but not being a party pooper, its not everyday you see teacher jobs come up, and in my case (no taking any thunder away from you zhiv) music teaching jobs.

to be honest i dont really care, if it comes up now i know what to do better for it, but i aint going to worry about it. we will get by! aslong as we still have the info in our heads when we are asked to come in, thats whats important.

You're not taking my thunder Mac!! Teaching jobs are getting harder and harder. My problem is that I have been doing supply - long term in each one  -18 months etc... but it is looked down on when it is seen on your CV! And then I have the problem of being at the top of my pay scale and costing a lot more than the NQTs who are applying for the same posts. Of course the one who is costing over £10000 less a year is going to be taken on before me. I did really think this one was for me - not many people are mad enough to want to work with behaviourally challenging kids and they seemed interested in me. Which is why i have emailed them and asked for feedback on my application.

I still don't regret leaving my old job to move out of the area. I live in a good place, in a nice house and in a town i am happy for my daughter to grow up in and she is at a fantastic school where she leaves with a smile on her face each day. I just wish schools would see that someone who has been doing supply isn't a failed teacher which they seem to!

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley']anyway, its not the end of the world, i suppose zhiv and me are in a similar situation! but then what else can you do! people always say something will come up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but not being a party pooper, its not everyday you see teacher jobs come up, and in my case (no taking any thunder away from you zhiv) music teaching jobs.

You're not taking my thunder Mac!! Teaching jobs are getting harder and harder. My problem is that I have been doing supply - long term in each one  -18 months etc... but it is looked down on when it is seen on your CV! And then I have the problem of being at the top of my pay scale and costing a lot more than the NQTs who are applying for the same posts. Of course the one who is costing over £10000 less a year is going to be taken on before me. I did really think this one was for me - not many people are mad enough to want to work with behaviourally challenging kids and they seemed interested in me. Which is why i have emailed them and asked for feedback on my application.

I still don't regret leaving my old job to move out of the area. I live in a good place, in a nice house and in a town i am happy for my daughter to grow up in and she is at a fantastic school where she leaves with a smile on her face each day. I just wish schools would see that someone who has been doing supply isn't a failed teacher which they seem to!

my boy to goes to a good school and leaves with a smile on his face too (most days) i dont regreat my old job too! i was made redundant. blessing in disguise really! made me teach!

but yeah i appreciate all the nice comments but the truth is, when? i was told today in september things will start to pick up! great, but that is still months away, and i cant really wait that long. but as i said, i dont want to worry myself about it, aslong as the kids have their bellies full, im all good! its just that there are people out there who have good being, good knowledge to be passed on, good methods of teaching and good personalties to touch kids (not in a jacko way boom cha!) which dont get chosen.

at least we are in this game together zhivster!

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy']

my boy to goes to a good school and leaves with a smile on his face too (most days) i dont regreat my old job too! i was made redundant. blessing in disguise really! made me teach!

but yeah i appreciate all the nice comments but the truth is, when? i was told today in september things will start to pick up! great, but that is still months away, and i cant really wait that long. but as i said, i dont want to worry myself about it, aslong as the kids have their bellies full, im all good! its just that there are people out there who have good being, good knowledge to be passed on, good methods of teaching and good personalties to touch kids (not in a jacko way boom cha!) which dont get chosen.

at least we are in this game together zhivster!

Well i guess we are! smile.gif

I love my job - when i can get one. And don't want to leave teaching as it is a career that i want, but just wondering how and when. Maybe we should set up our own school Mac?!!