What I do/don't want for the next album...

eaplatt

• Subscriber

Rock'n'Roll. Simple.

I want a great U2 album, i want one like ATYCLB or HTDAAB that simply are perfect.

And Mercy would be nice.

But most of all, an end to the dance remixs and return to B-sides.
Yes i do mean ALL remixes, i could get by without the Crazy remix.

take your time, make a great album, i can wait, but if its not as good as it can be....

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting more mellowed I guess is the word. I would like U2 to go back to that haunting far off sound of the Irish. They have been traveling so much finding new variations and influences and that's great but I miss that original sound that was all theirs. Hmmm, I'm sure they'll end up doing some odd abstract off the wall album cuz that's been their pattern, and the rest of the world is suppose to catch up to it eventually I guess. It doesn't matter what I want or don't want i'll find a song or two that I'll end up really liking. The bummer is: I use to love pretty much all the U2 songs. Not with the last album and if this album is a throw off of the last one I'll be bumbed out.

• Subscriber

Rock'n'Roll. Simple.

I want a great U2 album, i want one like ATYCLB or HTDAAB that simply are perfect.

And Mercy would be nice.

take your time, make a great album, i can wait, but if its not as good as it can be....

Ahhh, such is the subjective nature of Art.

I found NLOTH to be so refreshing after the first 2 boring, safe, 2000s albums.

And as some of you may know, I'm a sucker for a remix. i guess their appeal is based pretty heavily on whether you enjoy electronic dance music or not.

Mercy has already been leaked for years, and has already had it's release in Miracle Drug -  in that both songs morphed out of the same jam.

It would be like releasing Spinning Head on Zooropa.  It had already been used for the Fly, and Ultraviolet. Mind NLOTH itself is another version of the same song.

Mercy is a great song though.

I want U2 to not pander to any one of us and make the peice of art that they so see fit.

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

celticfc09']

Rock'n'Roll. Simple.

And Mercy would be nice.

And as some of you may know, I'm a sucker for a remix. i guess their appeal is based pretty heavily on whether you enjoy electronic dance music or not.

Mercy has already been leaked for years, and has already had it's release in Miracle Drug -  in that both songs morphed out of the same jam.

It would be like releasing Spinning Head on Zooropa.  It had already been used for the Fly, and Ultraviolet. Mind NLOTH itself is another version of the same song.

I want U2 to not pander to any one of us and make the peice of art that they so see fit.

this.....................................

i am a collector and i love the deluxe box and if u2 didnt take over the bbc for a week i wouldnt have won the competition eh?

celticfc09']

Rock'n'Roll. Simple.

And Mercy would be nice.

Exactly.

WHat I want is for U2 to just release the album. And tour Australia. I mean really, how many times do they need to play NYC or Europe or Canada?

Course I wouldn't be surprised if it came out this year after the show in Rome in October, and next year they boomarang from South America through Australia and play one last show in Ireland or something.

• Subscriber

celticfc09']

Rock'n'Roll. Simple.

And Mercy would be nice.

Brilliant post, Mick.

You had me at this:

And closed the deal with this:

Exactly!

I want an album from U2 full of music that moves them. Not an album full of things that they think will please an audience or heaven forbid, the singles charts.

• Subscriber

seriously have u2 EVER released an album FULL of descent rocking tunes? achtung springs to mind, but lets look at the songs like ONE, WILD HORSES, SO CRUEL, TRYIN TO THROW YOUR ARMS, LOVE IS BLINDNESS, thats 5 songs which are not kind of rocking. so just over half an album of "rocking" songs..............

now lets look at the "rocking" songs of NO LINE...................

NO LINE ON THE HORIZON, MAGNIFICENTishinglyrocking, GET ON YOUR BOOTS, STAND UP COMEDY, BREATHE, thats 5 songs which are kind of rocking. so just under half an album of "rocking" songs.......................

all in all then neither album is "rocking" or filled with slow burning songs.

at the end of the day no matter what u2 fans say, NO LINE ROCKS, get over it, its been out for a year. give up moaning WHAT I WANT..................