Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

yes mick, its not a pop at our heroes in no manner what-so-ever, gosh we are not trying to start a bono is a knob thread...................................

its more of a case that i grew up with this band in the 80's who were u2, witness them write and release some of their finest work, now they are starting to get a little lazy and predictable of late. BIG album BIG tour=BIG sales and BIG grammy wins! but its failed this time for them. doesnt mean i think horizon and 360 were a bad experiance for me, i loved them both, but in the view of an outsider, it just isnt enough.

esp when i hear muse's new album, see their tour clips on tv, and think u2 are NOT the biggest band anymore. they will have to actually WORK for the next campaign. by this i mean make the tour not about effects and about songs for starters eh? maybe give the fans something special again like the MELON cd, HASTA LA VISTA (when it came out, there was no dvd to rip so i can imagine it being special)

yes mick, its not a pop at our heroes in no manner what-so-ever, gosh we are not trying to start a bono is a knob thread...................................

its more of a case that i grew up with this band in the 80's who were u2, witness them write and release some of their finest work, now they are starting to get a little lazy and predictable of late. BIG album BIG tour=BIG sales and BIG grammy wins! but its failed this time for them. doesnt mean i think horizon and 360 were a bad experiance for me, i loved them both, but in the view of an outsider, it just isnt enough.

esp when i hear muse's new album, see their tour clips on tv, and think u2 are NOT the biggest band anymore. they will have to actually WORK for the next campaign. by this i mean make the tour not about effects and about songs for starters eh? maybe give the fans something special again like the MELON cd, HASTA LA VISTA (when it came out, there was no dvd to rip so i can imagine it being special)

Mac u2 have not been the biggest band in the world for many a year mate....

i honestly do think that their time is up now and they should just bow out gracefully.

i mean look at it all....how many best of's has there been/going to be..?????

mediocre half arsed subscription gifts...

lazy setlists

a stage way to big and high up....

the list goes on now im afraid.

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

basher1 wrote:

mick james']
bono-girls-425.jpg

Less love for hookers,

More love for your fans.

Embarresing dad comes to mind.

and yeah what you said Mick.

there you go rosa, there is your prince, what an embrassing pic of a father and a husband. laughing his way to the bank knowing fans would buy his shit in a tin if the chance came along.

Just home from work, and off to bed, but Mac, you nailed it bruv.

FATHER AND HUSBAND.

Jaysus, do whatever the hell you want behind closed doors, but to give the world fuel to call you out as a seedy old hypocrite makes those of us who have spent so much time loving you feel like assholes.

And Babs, we do love U2 like you do, and I love chatting with you guys any day of the week, I truly do.

But it makes me sick to think that Bono actually seems to be becoming the Snake Oil Salesman the he so mocked during Zoo TV.

The point of this isn't just to slag off our heroes, but simply asking,

What are we getting in return for our decades long (in many of the posters here) passion and dedication to the band?

I don't ask anything of these guys except for music from their hearts.

But to release a way better version of the supposed fan gift to the public at half the price of a subscription, and charge $250 for tickets really has to make you wonder what the hell has happened?

50 bucks shouldn't just pay for some good company in the forum.

We can provide that to ourselves for free on Facebook etc

What is it that we're paying for?

And like Mac, I still want to passionately support the band, even though with every passing year I feel like more and more of a sucker.

And Rosa, I hope your health improves I really do, but what the hell?

Pretty much sums it up for me there Mick.

On a lighter note, great catching up with you Barry, I've missed you mate. Just sorry it isn't in better circumstances.

All the best to you and yours from me and mine! (3 months until little Mick arrives!)

Sun's almost up, gotta hit the hay or I'll turn into a pumpkin.

And Bono, I feckin love you, you old bugger, I really, really do

I've literally thought how awesome you are everyday for the last 21 years.

But for craps' sake,

Give yourself an uppercut.

[quote name='mick james wrote:

basher1 wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

basher1 wrote:

mick james']
bono-girls-425.jpg

Less love for hookers,

More love for your fans.

Embarresing dad comes to mind.

and yeah what you said Mick.

there you go rosa, there is your prince, what an embrassing pic of a father and a husband. laughing his way to the bank knowing fans would buy his shit in a tin if the chance came along.

Just home from work, and off to bed, but Mac, you nailed it bruv.

FATHER AND HUSBAND.

Jaysus, do whatever the hell you want behind closed doors, but to give the world fuel to call you out as a seedy old hypocrite makes those of us who have spent so much time loving you feel like assholes.

And Babs, we do love U2 like you do, and I love chatting with you guys any day of the week, I truly do.

But it makes me sick to think that Bono actually seems to be becoming the Snake Oil Salesman the he so mocked during Zoo TV.

The point of this isn't just to slag off our heroes, but simply asking,

What are we getting in return for our decades long (in many of the posters here) passion and dedication to the band?

I don't ask anything of these guys except for music from their hearts.

But to release a way better version of the supposed fan gift to the public at half the price of a subscription, and charge $250 for tickets really has to make you wonder what the hell has happened?

50 bucks shouldn't just pay for some good company in the forum.

We can provide that to ourselves for free on Facebook etc

What is it that we're paying for?

And like Mac, I still want to passionately support the band, even though with every passing year I feel like more and more of a sucker.

And Rosa, I hope your health improves I really do, but what the hell?

Pretty much sums it up for me there Mick.

On a lighter note, great catching up with you Barry, I've missed you mate. Just sorry it isn't in better circumstances.

All the best to you and yours from me and mine! (3 months until little Mick arrives!)

Sun's almost up, gotta hit the hay or I'll turn into a pumpkin.

And Bono, I feckin love you, you old bugger, I really, really do

I've literally thought how awesome you are everyday for the last 21 years.

But for craps' sake,

Give yourself an uppercut.

Yep it's been a while....in fact it's been that long i didn't know the missus was pregnant congrats big boy and obviously the wee ones gonna be called mini basher i hope...lol

cheers mate.

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

MacFoley']yes mick, its not a pop at our heroes in no manner what-so-ever, gosh we are not trying to start a bono is a knob thread...................................

Mac u2 have not been the biggest band in the world for many a year mate....

i honestly do think that their time is up now and they should just bow out gracefully.

i mean look at it all....how many best of's has there been/going to be..?????

mediocre half arsed subscription gifts...

lazy setlists

a stage way to big and high up....

the list goes on now im afraid.

they should have bowed out either after SLANE or the grammy high after the VERTIGO TOUR.

but i believe they have one more BIG album in them left before they call it a day.

i mean who really gives a shit about spiderman? it was a load of bollocks to begin with. just bono getting his fingers into the pies again.

they are no longer the biggest band i admit it. they are living off the joshua tree success and name, and unfortunately have not shook it off ever since 1987. even when i hear the casual fan speak, they still say joshua tree was their best album.

I don't understand why you get so upset. I express what I feel. I suffered a stroke Friday night and yesterday, I was at the hospital....

hope your ok?!

Am i also reading correctly that another website is saying the 360 dvd s coming out and you can register for it????......

Mac, if we didn't love them, we wouldn't still come ere would we bro?

And Muse, Arcade Fire, Kasabian or 4 million other passionate music-loving bands will fill the space for me that my beloved U2 has filled since I was a child.

I totally loved U2 360, but you know what, the Faith No More, Janes Addiction, Muse, Kasabian, Pixies, Mars Volta, Prodigy, Underworld etc etc gigs I saw in the last year were just as good if not better.

I remember when my U2 gigs were ALWAYS better than any other band I saw!

Anyways, to those that don't undertand what Bash, Mac and I are saying, here tis

WE LOVE U2

Get it?

Always a pleasure lads, catch you soon

[quote name='mick james wrote:

MacFoley']yes mick, its not a pop at our heroes in no manner what-so-ever, gosh we are not trying to start a bono is a knob thread...................................

Mac, if we didn't love them, we wouldn't still come ere would we bro?

And Muse, Arcade Fire, Kasabian or 4 million other passionate music-loving bands will fill the space for me that my beloved U2 has filled since I was a child.

I totally loved U2 360, but you know what, the Faith No More, Janes Addiction, Muse, Kasabian, Pixies, Mars Volta, Prodigy, Underworld etc etc gigs I saw in the last year were just as good if not better.

I remember when my U2 gigs were ALWAYS better than any other band I saw!

Anyways, to those that don't undertand what Bash, Mac and I are saying, here tis

WE LOVE U2

Get it?

Always a pleasure lads, catch you soon

EXACTLY.