Jump to content

Totally Disgraceful......


basher1

Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber
but she's not in bikini, kris....and there's only one...so sorry to point that out to youtongue.gif
But I'm not Bono and not so interesting that two girls would like to be in my company at the same time :D
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

[quote name='basher1 wrote:


barbara1 wrote:

surrenders']

 

 

OMG I hate that picture and it is embarrassing.  I don't know the whole story behind that photo, but it just isn't a good thing to have out there.

 

It has become that when you mention U2 to people they immediately think of Bono and some of the people he's been linked to for his Africa cause, like Bush.  Even my husband, who's a real casual fan, brings up those Bono photo ops with Bush, eeeek.  I wish they'd tone down the rhetoric at concerts.  We all know where they stand and how to help if we're so inclined.  They don't have to try and make us 'aware' anymore, everyone is more then aware of the state of the world.  I'm not totally saying the old shut up and sing rant, a little blip about whatever is fine.  But the shows do seem to come to a screeching halt when the 'issues' are brought into it.  Springsteen usually makes a small public service announcement during his shows too, but that's it, then it's on with the show and his songs, like U2's, say it all.

 

 

I'll always be an obsessed U2 fan, I don't have any complaints about the music, other then making more of it and quit taking so long between albums, I'm not getting any younger and either are they.

 

i would love to see more cd's and less time between. but i also think that being pushed to bring out a new cd every couple of years has drained other bands/artists... you cant force inspiration, can you?
Barbara it's not so much the only releasing a new album every 4-5 years it's the fact that they have got greedy with all the best of's deluxes different formats of albums and singles remixes and so on plus the deal with blackberry and apple i mean when i first got into this lot when Boy was released (yes i am that old) it was raw passionate music Bono singing Larry clattering the drums Adam banging away on his bass and Edge playing guitar like something i had never heard but now its all remixes and so on i would love for them to get back to what they do best putting out raw passionate inspiring music.

 

also the money i have dished out to be on this website is not worth it anymore not for the service you get....faulty website, an "exclusive" gift that i downloaded days after it firts started arriving and other issues.

 

The fact of the matter is that this has been on all day and as of yet no-one can come forward to tell me i am wrong on all this and to give good reasoning why.

 

I don't mind all the different formats, to be honest cos am a bit of a collector.  But it's the site i have a problem with and the fact that you pay for stuff and have to wait ages for it to arrive, despite the claims of stuff being shipped from UK and US to ensure faster shipping worldwide.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

[quote name='basher1 wrote:


barbara1 wrote:

surrenders']

 

 

OMG I hate that picture and it is embarrassing.  I don't know the whole story behind that photo, but it just isn't a good thing to have out there.

 

It has become that when you mention U2 to people they immediately think of Bono and some of the people he's been linked to for his Africa cause, like Bush.  Even my husband, who's a real casual fan, brings up those Bono photo ops with Bush, eeeek.  I wish they'd tone down the rhetoric at concerts.  We all know where they stand and how to help if we're so inclined.  They don't have to try and make us 'aware' anymore, everyone is more then aware of the state of the world.  I'm not totally saying the old shut up and sing rant, a little blip about whatever is fine.  But the shows do seem to come to a screeching halt when the 'issues' are brought into it.  Springsteen usually makes a small public service announcement during his shows too, but that's it, then it's on with the show and his songs, like U2's, say it all.

 

 

I'll always be an obsessed U2 fan, I don't have any complaints about the music, other then making more of it and quit taking so long between albums, I'm not getting any younger and either are they.

 

i would love to see more cd's and less time between. but i also think that being pushed to bring out a new cd every couple of years has drained other bands/artists... you cant force inspiration, can you?
Barbara it's not so much the only releasing a new album every 4-5 years it's the fact that they have got greedy with all the best of's deluxes different formats of albums and singles remixes and so on plus the deal with blackberry and apple i mean when i first got into this lot when Boy was released (yes i am that old) it was raw passionate music Bono singing Larry clattering the drums Adam banging away on his bass and Edge playing guitar like something i had never heard but now its all remixes and so on i would love for them to get back to what they do best putting out raw passionate inspiring music.

 

also the money i have dished out to be on this website is not worth it anymore not for the service you get....faulty website, an "exclusive" gift that i downloaded days after it firts started arriving and other issues.

 

The fact of the matter is that this has been on all day and as of yet no-one can come forward to tell me i am wrong on all this and to give good reasoning why.

 

I don't mind all the different formats, to be honest cos am a bit of a collector.  But it's the site i have a problem with and the fact that you pay for stuff and have to wait ages for it to arrive, despite the claims of stuff being shipped from UK and US to ensure faster shipping worldwide.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, honestly I think the photo makes him look like a desperate, perverted old man rather than a rock star . . . I mean maybe it's because I'm old (Bono's age, lol) too, but they look like little girls, not even women yet. Maybe it was all innocent, probably was, but perception is everything in the media. I could care less if he has a photo of he and Bush shaking hands, doesn't bother me in the least since Bush gave so much aid to Africa. Doesn't bother me either if he and Clinton are friends and pal around or that he gushed over Obama while playing at the inauguration. However, again, perception is everything and just because I don't care doesn't mean that it will play well on the public stage - it didn't and he has been laughed at for all of those things. I was glad to see the political speeches take a back seat to the music on 360 - those speeches went on and on at some of the Vertigo shows and I think that got kind of old. Like Surrenders said, everyone is aware at this point, so it can be toned down now. I don't like that Bono and U2 seem to be more known for aid than for their music. I get that Bono wants to use his position to bring about change and I find it admirable, but I think it's time to work more quietly behind the scenes to effect change and just be a band for awhile, lol. As far as ticket prices, cost of membership here, lack of exclusive content, and gifts . . . . . well, honestly, it could all use a bit of tweaking imo. Very irksome that it has all become so expensive and I would like to see something really special offered to their loyal fans. And why in the world can't we use our discount code on the vinyl?????
Janette your last line there sums it up for me it can't be used because the greed has taken over.

 

i like your take on the speeches as well they did get very tiresome during the Vertigo tour and i only went to 2 shows then. as for this tour the mask wearing folk and the Tutu speech were just as irksome as the speeches during the Vertigo tour....

 

i mean i was at Hampden park in Glasgow for the Vertigo gig and Bono called for a million people to march on Edinburgh (my home city) myself and some other folk beside me also from there shouted "f**k off don't bloody bother"........then the day of live 8 at Murryfield Edinburgh came and there were riots and a lot of damage done to the city yeah thanks for that one Bono pure class.

Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Carol8 wrote:


basher1 wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

surrenders']

 

 

OMG I hate that picture and it is embarrassing.  I don't know the whole story behind that photo, but it just isn't a good thing to have out there.

 

It has become that when you mention U2 to people they immediately think of Bono and some of the people he's been linked to for his Africa cause, like Bush.  Even my husband, who's a real casual fan, brings up those Bono photo ops with Bush, eeeek.  I wish they'd tone down the rhetoric at concerts.  We all know where they stand and how to help if we're so inclined.  They don't have to try and make us 'aware' anymore, everyone is more then aware of the state of the world.  I'm not totally saying the old shut up and sing rant, a little blip about whatever is fine.  But the shows do seem to come to a screeching halt when the 'issues' are brought into it.  Springsteen usually makes a small public service announcement during his shows too, but that's it, then it's on with the show and his songs, like U2's, say it all.

 

 

I'll always be an obsessed U2 fan, I don't have any complaints about the music, other then making more of it and quit taking so long between albums, I'm not getting any younger and either are they.

 

i would love to see more cd's and less time between. but i also think that being pushed to bring out a new cd every couple of years has drained other bands/artists... you cant force inspiration, can you?
Barbara it's not so much the only releasing a new album every 4-5 years it's the fact that they have got greedy with all the best of's deluxes different formats of albums and singles remixes and so on plus the deal with blackberry and apple i mean when i first got into this lot when Boy was released (yes i am that old) it was raw passionate music Bono singing Larry clattering the drums Adam banging away on his bass and Edge playing guitar like something i had never heard but now its all remixes and so on i would love for them to get back to what they do best putting out raw passionate inspiring music.

 

also the money i have dished out to be on this website is not worth it anymore not for the service you get....faulty website, an "exclusive" gift that i downloaded days after it firts started arriving and other issues.

 

The fact of the matter is that this has been on all day and as of yet no-one can come forward to tell me i am wrong on all this and to give good reasoning why.

 

I don't mind all the different formats, to be honest cos am a bit of a collector.  But it's the site i have a problem with and the fact that you pay for stuff and have to wait ages for it to arrive, despite the claims of stuff being shipped from UK and US to ensure faster shipping worldwide.

i've got a fair collection too but i draw the line at buying 20 different versions of the one thing, don't get me wrong some of the collectors are great friends of mine and i'd trust them with my life so im not having a go at them im having a go at the band for the sheer greed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

[quote name='basher1 wrote:


Janette B']Well, honestly I think the photo makes him look like a desperate, perverted old man rather than a rock star . . . I mean maybe it's because I'm old (Bono's age, lol) too, but they look like little girls, not even women yet. Maybe it was all innocent, probably was, but perception is everything in the media. I could care less if he has a photo of he and Bush shaking hands, doesn't bother me in the least since Bush gave so much aid to Africa. Doesn't bother me either if he and Clinton are friends and pal around or that he gushed over Obama while playing at the inauguration. However, again, perception is everything and just because I don't care doesn't mean that it will play well on the public stage - it didn't and he has been laughed at for all of those things. I was glad to see the political speeches take a back seat to the music on 360 - those speeches went on and on at some of the Vertigo shows and I think that got kind of old. Like Surrenders said, everyone is aware at this point, so it can be toned down now. I don't like that Bono and U2 seem to be more known for aid than for their music. I get that Bono wants to use his position to bring about change and I find it admirable, but I think it's time to work more quietly behind the scenes to effect change and just be a band for awhile, lol. As far as ticket prices, cost of membership here, lack of exclusive content, and gifts . . . . . well, honestly, it could all use a bit of tweaking imo. Very irksome that it has all become so expensive and I would like to see something really special offered to their loyal fans. And why in the world can't we use our discount code on the vinyl?????

Janette your last line there sums it up for me it can't be used because the greed has taken over.

 

i like your take on the speeches as well they did get very tiresome during the Vertigo tour and i only went to 2 shows then. as for this tour the mask wearing folk and the Tutu speech were just as irksome as the speeches during the Vertigo tour....

 

i mean i was at Hampden park in Glasgow for the Vertigo gig and Bono called for a million people to march on Edinburgh (my home city) myself and some other folk beside me also from there shouted "f**k off don't bloody bother"........then the day of live 8 at Murryfield Edinburgh came and there were riots and a lot of damage done to the city yeah thanks for that one Bono pure class.

 

LOL, I had all but forgotten the masks, please don't remind me rolleyes.gif  The Tutu speech didn't bother me for some reason, but you know it has become predictable in the sense that you know the political part is coming and I would like for them to do it in a totally different and unexpected way . . . don't ask me how, I'm certainly no artist, lol. I know and understand that U2 has always been political, so have it if they must, just surprise us with HOW it's done. I saw them in Las Vegas and then again at the Rose Bowl and I realized that the show had become so scripted. Bono said virtually the same things at the same point in each show. Even the band's movements seemed precise which, I suppose is due to the stage, lighting effects, etc. I thought the shows were great . . . but maybe not meant to be seen over and over and over?

 

Don't get me wrong, I still love this band and their music and I think NLOTH is brilliant . . . just saying maybe Bono needs to think some of these things through a just little more thumbsup.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

suppose it is a bit much too have 4 or 5 different versions of two hearts beat as one (as is the case on the War remastered deluxe edition) but you have a choice whether you buy them or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

suppose it is a bit much too have 4 or 5 different versions of two hearts beat as one (as is the case on the War remastered deluxe edition) but you have a choice whether you buy them or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

[quote name='basher1 wrote:


barbara1
wrote:

surrenders']

 

 

OMG I hate that picture and it is embarrassing.  I don't know the whole story behind that photo, but it just isn't a good thing to have out there.

 

It has become that when you mention U2 to people they immediately think of Bono and some of the people he's been linked to for his Africa cause, like Bush.  Even my husband, who's a real casual fan, brings up those Bono photo ops with Bush, eeeek.  I wish they'd tone down the rhetoric at concerts.  We all know where they stand and how to help if we're so inclined.  They don't have to try and make us 'aware' anymore, everyone is more then aware of the state of the world.  I'm not totally saying the old shut up and sing rant, a little blip about whatever is fine.  But the shows do seem to come to a screeching halt when the 'issues' are brought into it.  Springsteen usually makes a small public service announcement during his shows too, but that's it, then it's on with the show and his songs, like U2's, say it all.

 

 

I'll always be an obsessed U2 fan, I don't have any complaints about the music, other then making more of it and quit taking so long between albums, I'm not getting any younger and either are they.

 

i would love to see more cd's and less time between. but i also think that being pushed to bring out a new cd every couple of years has drained other bands/artists... you cant force inspiration, can you?
Barbara it's not so much the only releasing a new album every 4-5 years it's the fact that they have got greedy with all the best of's deluxes different formats of albums and singles remixes and so on plus the deal with blackberry and apple i mean when i first got into this lot when Boy was released (yes i am that old) it was raw passionate music Bono singing Larry clattering the drums Adam banging away on his bass and Edge playing guitar like something i had never heard but now its all remixes and so on i would love for them to get back to what they do best putting out raw passionate inspiring music.

 

also the money i have dished out to be on this website is not worth it anymore not for the service you get....faulty website, an "exclusive" gift that i downloaded days after it firts started arriving and other issues.

 

The fact of the matter is that this has been on all day and as of yet no-one can come forward to tell me i am wrong on all this and to give good reasoning why.

 

thats cause you arent 'wrong' basher... if you feel that way, no one can say you are wrong. i'm sorry you're disapointed by this band you used to admire so much. and you're prob right, they did change.. a lot! 

but that young, raw, passionated band isnt gonna come back, i think. cause most people lose that unattamed fire when they grow older.

they learn to controle it and become more relaxed bout their passiones... i wish i could explain what i mean in better english, but i hope you know what i mean... its not that you  lose your ideals by growing older, but you chose other ways to express them, and when you're involved in so many organisation as bono is you feel urged to let people know bout the issues.

i use to get a warm feeling when he talks bout it on stage, cause for me its part of their music. but i respect the fact that other fans don feel the same.

but maybe its the same passion that made you love their 'older' work which makes them involved in all this poverty/aids -campagnes.

 as i said, wether we like it or not, looks like this band has chosen its ways ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...