Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

It is true, I do only come on here to chat to everyone (and I chat a lot, lol!!!) and have fun doing it. But $50 for that? When we can do the chatting for free anyway. Huge recession etc...that's a lot of money to pay.

U2 are my favourite group, always have been and always will be.

I am one of the ones who was blown away by the shows last year, i thought it was amazing. I know people don't agree with me, but we are all different with different ideas. I am counting down the dates to this summer to the next shows with great excitement.

But U2 need to see that for the big amount of money we are paying for this site we need to get value for money.

I agree with you Zhivvy enjoyed the shows it was good to finally see U2 live after many years of wanting to lol

I agree with you Zhivvy enjoyed the shows it was good to finally see U2 live after many years of wanting to lol

Just wish that they all didn't involved flights and hotels which bump up prices. Or having to plan detailed itineraries around Germany in a car on a so called family holiday to get to shows and get a child's birthday organised in the middle of it lol!!! 

lol yes spent nearly one grand seeing them in Vienna which i don't mind as going for 4 nights as my one and only holiday this year!

lol yes spent nearly one grand seeing them in Vienna which i don't mind as going for 4 nights as my one and only holiday this year!
and is going to be an amazing holiday!!! And the added bonus of a beautiful city.

Cost me nearly that for three red zone and hotel in Hannover!

And why have we had set prices for red zone in europe - all seem to be around 270 euro - so a lot of money, and yet the american dates still have red zone as auction. Seems odd to have two different ways of doing it

think that's a ticketmaster thing

anyway i'm off to bed laterz

and eat things out of a sheeps stomach you gotta be kidding me lol :P

Don't knock haggis.

Wow.

Basher, I think it is, I was commenting on more than just your post. Someone on here was talking about defending their interest in U2 and several complaining about the value of the site ...

I've been reading more posts as this thread develops. There must be a way or place for us to tell what we think is wrong or missing and to suggest what we'd like to improve upon it.

Didn't this thread start about a photo of Bono with some girls young enough to be his daughters? I find the judgments of that photo interesting because we don't know the circumstances surrounding it or how it was cropped. If there is a judgment to be made I think Ali Hewson gets to make it not me.

The thread kind of devolved from there into a whole bunch of stuff about the band and this site that I'm just now reading.

I'm relatively new here and having fun. I don't know how I'll feel in a year from now. Sorry you're not enjoying it.

How greedy can this band be?????.......

It's now $50 for a subscription that is unbelieveable i mean it's not as if you get value for money here nowadays the whiole pre-sale thing is a shambles you could get a ticket no problem on the tour......the gifts are a joke and the place is pretty much a graveyard nowadays.

so here i'd like to say to folk come on in here defend the undefendable if you can i know there will be A LOT of people out there you know the "u2 can do no wrong brigade" that will say "well the band have nothing to do with the site"

You are wrong this is u2's "official" website it is in thier name.

Totally disgusted with the way this band has become so greedy over the last few years.

If you don't believe me have a look in the shop.

Hey Ill be your U2 can do know wrong "IDIOT" that you guys are waiting for to reply LOL>

everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion, but 50.00 for a new membership and 40.00 for an exisiting fan re- sub. renewal is the average rate as far as I have seen for fan club memberships. My son made me subscribe him to Metallica's fan club which is 50.00 and Megadeath which is 59.00. For me, 40-50.00 is not too much for me, but I can see if someone is strapped for cash they would be mad at the price and then think they didn't get enough for the money. For me, i am not bothered by 40.00 to re-sub, because I need to make sure that I get my presale because otherwise it has been impossible for me to get GA tickets.  the shop is ridiculous, but its not part of the membership really.  i waited 2 months for my lithograph and it arrived in a tube that was too small for the litho and therefore a huge crack was in the litho. i called and first they told me no more in stock when i called the live nation phone # that came w/ the litho. then i called the other phone # listed on the u2 shop and was told they were in stock and they would send me a new one. I still havent gotten the new one yet. They are unorganized yea, and  it's a reflection of the official website which is a reflection of the band but to me has nothing to do with my membership.  But it takes a lot to piss me off so unless they told me i couldn;t return it at all then I would be pissed..

For the bonus member cd,. they have always given the cd as a bonus so people know what they get when they sign up,. No one is forced to do so. I think to send the vinyl via post to the entire fan club would be too expensive to do, so they have sent cd and offered the vinyl and since I collect u2 things I ordered one because I do have 30 bucks to spare fortunately. Yes, I had a few  bad experiences with the emails not being sent for presale alerts and stuff, and the presale code showing used when it wasnt.. but in the end it all worked out and i think my 40.00 was put to good use.

At some point, you need to stop worrying what others think. People can tell me Bono's a c*** all day long and I do not care, thats their opinion. So me and you disagree on things that doesn't mean that you should think im a total fool because i see your point of view and respect it but well - it's different for me. 

Wow.

Basher, I think it is, I was commenting on more than just your post. Someone on here was talking about defending their interest in U2 and several complaining about the value of the site ...

I've been reading more posts as this thread develops. There must be a way or place for us to tell what we think is wrong or missing and to suggest what we'd like to improve upon it.

Didn't this thread start about a photo of Bono with some girls young enough to be his daughters? I find the judgments of that photo interesting because we don't know the circumstances surrounding it or how it was cropped. If there is a judgment to be made I think Ali Hewson gets to make it not me.

The thread kind of devolved from there into a whole bunch of stuff about the band and this site that I'm just now reading.

I'm relatively new here and having fun. I don't know how I'll feel in a year from now. Sorry you're not enjoying it.

We all know what the paparazzi are like and any other crazed people desperate to get a picture with bono and anone else who is famous! Remember what they did to Lady Diana? Those girls put the picture up on face book, so they sound like opportunists to me.

bono is famous, and some poeple will do anything to get a picture with him...the photo was cropped to show only what was wanted to be shown, in order to convey a deceitful message...

I'm not going to judge someone like bono based upon one photo....to jump onto the smear bono bandwagon would require me to abandon all reason, logic, knowledge, critical thinking, and well earned life wisdom...

The shoe is on the other foot for me, bc I feel that when people want to rip a good man apart, it reveals something very dark about THAT person.

I avoid and am very wary of mean spitited and negative people who gossip about others...I see them as toxic people who will only bring me down and are way too quick to try and destroy someone...typically bc they are jealous and insecure little people!