Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

Recommended Posts


heya! yeah interesting points have been brought up!

 

maybe bash, it might be interesting to see what the mods can say on the issue. is there any way the mods can solve certain problems. sometimes its hard to speak to the right people, but i think when people say this site has nothing to do with the band, i think thats wrong. it is the site adam posted his videos. so some band member does like to give the fans something exciting to talk about, even it is a few seconds of home made vids. adam didnt post them anywhere else apart from here, or got someone to post them on here for him.

 

i supose on evidence of the band really caring about the fans is that they put £30 tickets for the tour. quite cheap if you ask me bash! but where were those seats? nosebleed jobs? i dont know. yeah he says thanks to us for given them a great life and its good to hear, but they are all multi-millionares now and simpy can live great lives without making another penny.

 

and no offence to anyone, but people say they like to come here and chat, well what is wrong with chatting with your real friends which doesnt cost anything in the first place?

 

the way i feel is i pay by sub, waiting for a gift, only to find the main news page lags, read threads about bono's hair, and once in a while see a vid, which normally is a load of bollocks.

But seriously,

Mac, you're right.

 

As a fan of music, I would love to be able to come here and discuss music, rathet than who Bono has been spotted with this week, or which opening he's attended.

 

Problem is, generally serious unbiased discussions about the music are very hard in here.

Any bit of constructive criticism and the zealots take major offence and suggest you cancel you're membership.

 

I loved NLOTH, but I totally appreciate the opinions of Caellach for example.  She doesn't like the album much, but can articulate why, without resorting to "it doesn't rock"

 

Often it's the same with many who do love whatever U2 put out. Ask the why and they'll tell you "because Bono's so great and Edge is amazing"

 

Ah, you know what I'm saying yeah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:


mick james']
LadyBonBon.jpg?t=1269265055

 

 

Lady Bon Bon.

 

 

 

 

That's all I have to say.

 

he looks quite cute!

 

LMAO!!!  So you'd like a bit of Poker Face with Lady Bon Bon huh??

 

laugh.gif

 

 

Jeez wait til Basher sees her. It'll be love at first sight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree...kelly is very smart and knows how to articulate her criticism...perhaps bc she is a musician? IDK...alll I know is that i liked NLOTH a lot

and I feel like a jerk now, cause i paid 40$ saturday to renew....:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mick james wrote:


MacFoley']heya! yeah interesting points have been brought up!

 

maybe bash, it might be interesting to see what the mods can say on the issue. is there any way the mods can solve certain problems. sometimes its hard to speak to the right people, but i think when people say this site has nothing to do with the band, i think thats wrong. it is the site adam posted his videos. so some band member does like to give the fans something exciting to talk about, even it is a few seconds of home made vids. adam didnt post them anywhere else apart from here, or got someone to post them on here for him.

 

i supose on evidence of the band really caring about the fans is that they put £30 tickets for the tour. quite cheap if you ask me bash! but where were those seats? nosebleed jobs? i dont know. yeah he says thanks to us for given them a great life and its good to hear, but they are all multi-millionares now and simpy can live great lives without making another penny.

 

and no offence to anyone, but people say they like to come here and chat, well what is wrong with chatting with your real friends which doesnt cost anything in the first place?

 

the way i feel is i pay by sub, waiting for a gift, only to find the main news page lags, read threads about bono's hair, and once in a while see a vid, which normally is a load of bollocks.

But seriously,

Mac, you're right.

 

As a fan of music, I would love to be able to come here and discuss music, rathet than who Bono has been spotted with this week, or which opening he's attended.

 

Problem is, generally serious unbiased discussions about the music are very hard in here.

Any bit of constructive criticism and the zealots take major offence and suggest you cancel you're membership.

 

I loved NLOTH, but I totally appreciate the opinions of Caellach for example.  She doesn't like the album much, but can articulate why, without resorting to "it doesn't rock"

 

Often it's the same with many who do love whatever U2 put out. Ask the why and they'll tell you "because Bono's so great and Edge is amazing"

 

Ah, you know what I'm saying yeah?

 

 

 

But Mick you know as well as i do that Ceallach is a mental case....lol......she knows i love her with all my heart....just before anyone takes that the wrong way.

 

Mac's got some great points there and to be honest i don't think the Mods will touch this with a barge pole.....

 

now its not the mods fault that this site runs badly thats down to the tech folk so the mods get just as frustrated as the rest of us.

 

as for the £30 tickets ive never actually spoken to anyone who had one.

 

and the lady bon bon thats just freaking me out.......lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree...kelly is very smart and knows how to articulate her criticism...perhaps bc she is a musician? IDK...alll I know is that i liked NLOTH a lot

and I feel like a jerk now, cause i paid 40$ saturday to renew....:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mick james wrote:


MacFoley wrote:

mick james']
LadyBonBon.jpg?t=1269265055

 

 

Lady Bon Bon.

 

 

 

 

That's all I have to say.

 

he looks quite cute!

 

LMAO!!!  So you'd like a bit of Poker Face with Lady Bon Bon huh??

 

laugh.gif

 

 

Jeez wait til Basher sees her. It'll be love at first sight!

 

ye know me too well Mick....

 

*right click* *print* *laminate for easy cleaning*...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mick james wrote:


MacFoley']heya! yeah interesting points have been brought up!

 

maybe bash, it might be interesting to see what the mods can say on the issue. is there any way the mods can solve certain problems. sometimes its hard to speak to the right people, but i think when people say this site has nothing to do with the band, i think thats wrong. it is the site adam posted his videos. so some band member does like to give the fans something exciting to talk about, even it is a few seconds of home made vids. adam didnt post them anywhere else apart from here, or got someone to post them on here for him.

 

i supose on evidence of the band really caring about the fans is that they put £30 tickets for the tour. quite cheap if you ask me bash! but where were those seats? nosebleed jobs? i dont know. yeah he says thanks to us for given them a great life and its good to hear, but they are all multi-millionares now and simpy can live great lives without making another penny.

 

and no offence to anyone, but people say they like to come here and chat, well what is wrong with chatting with your real friends which doesnt cost anything in the first place?

 

the way i feel is i pay by sub, waiting for a gift, only to find the main news page lags, read threads about bono's hair, and once in a while see a vid, which normally is a load of bollocks.

But seriously,

Mac, you're right.

 

As a fan of music, I would love to be able to come here and discuss music, rathet than who Bono has been spotted with this week, or which opening he's attended.

 

Problem is, generally serious unbiased discussions about the music are very hard in here.

Any bit of constructive criticism and the zealots take major offence and suggest you cancel you're membership.

 

I loved NLOTH, but I totally appreciate the opinions of Caellach for example.  She doesn't like the album much, but can articulate why, without resorting to "it doesn't rock"

 

Often it's the same with many who do love whatever U2 put out. Ask the why and they'll tell you "because Bono's so great and Edge is amazing"

 

Ah, you know what I'm saying yeah?

 

 

 

yes i get you.

 

its like we dont say to the people, OH you like coming here then!pay on for next year (turning it into the other way round)

 

its like people cant except u2 do no wrong, but when a comment is made its like, well dont buy the album, dont go to the tour, dont re-sub..............................

 

like my football quote yesterday. you may have a season ticket, you team is playing shit, but you still go to the games. and probably buy a season ticket again.

 

i have read mixed opion on the album, but if you dont like it, fair enough, i love the album, does that make me any less of a fan when i say they are bloody fat cats now who seem to do anything to get an album to sell more copies?

 

going back to value for money, this site is certainly not. its not even worth coming on here to chat on zootopia to be honest, zootopia is just an added bonus. you can go on any other u2 forum and talk about the same things for free. only difference is i pay for it so i might aswell use it.

 

for the so called biggest band in the world, which they are not anymore, biggest live band yes, the website due to proper exclusives and so on, it total zilch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='bonosbaby25 wrote:


MacFoley']nah it dont bb. it pains me to say this, but u2 are not on top of my live bands list. even if they bring out another tour, there are other bands i want to see next ahead of u2. this is mainly due to the fact i said earlier that my dream was to see them play 3 foot away from me, now that dream has been complete with radio one gig, the myth of u2 has kind of been broken and so up close you see them as 4 blokes. normal blokes. not gods. and with u2 of late i feel they seem to bury themselves in the production side where set lists suffer.

 

im straying now lol, but yeah. i think if u2 themselves dont get it right in terms of sales etc, i think it will be the end, or could be the end. what else has bono got left to say apart from the things we dont know about already.

 

and the vinyl is tight!

I know what you mean Mac.. I wasn't blown away by the shows last year.. the very first time that has happened.. I left the gigs feeling empty.. which was scarey.. 

 

Oi/.....i was at 2 of those with you........boring am i......tongue.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe we've been duped into thinking that this is THE fan website, when maybe its really one of the others?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='basher1 wrote:


bonosbaby25 wrote:

MacFoley']nah it dont bb. it pains me to say this, but u2 are not on top of my live bands list. even if they bring out another tour, there are other bands i want to see next ahead of u2. this is mainly due to the fact i said earlier that my dream was to see them play 3 foot away from me, now that dream has been complete with radio one gig, the myth of u2 has kind of been broken and so up close you see them as 4 blokes. normal blokes. not gods. and with u2 of late i feel they seem to bury themselves in the production side where set lists suffer.

 

im straying now lol, but yeah. i think if u2 themselves dont get it right in terms of sales etc, i think it will be the end, or could be the end. what else has bono got left to say apart from the things we dont know about already.

 

and the vinyl is tight!

I know what you mean Mac.. I wasn't blown away by the shows last year.. the very first time that has happened.. I left the gigs feeling empty.. which was scarey.. 

 

Oi/.....i was at 2 of those with you........boring am i......tongue.gif

 

You didn't have that bloody kilt on did ya?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...