Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

maybe we've been duped into thinking that this is THE fan website, when maybe its really one of the others?

yeah! this site is the fake one! atu2 is where its happening and interference!

i have read a few threads on those forums i mention saying u2.com sucks and hardly any of those fans are members yet still went to a load of shows on 360, go figure!roll.gif

Wow.

Basher, I think it is, I was commenting on more than just your post. Someone on here was talking about defending their interest in U2 and several complaining about the value of the site ...

I've been reading more posts as this thread develops. There must be a way or place for us to tell what we think is wrong or missing and to suggest what we'd like to improve upon it.

Didn't this thread start about a photo of Bono with some girls young enough to be his daughters? I find the judgments of that photo interesting because we don't know the circumstances surrounding it or how it was cropped. If there is a judgment to be made I think Ali Hewson gets to make it not me.

The thread kind of devolved from there into a whole bunch of stuff about the band and this site that I'm just now reading.

I'm relatively new here and having fun. I don't know how I'll feel in a year from now. Sorry you're not enjoying it.

Scout this is the origional post i put up but somehow bono and girls in a hot-tub took over for a while.

How greedy can this band be?????.......

It's now $50 for a subscription that is unbelieveable i mean it's not as if you get value for money here nowadays the whiole pre-sale thing is a shambles you could get a ticket no problem on the tour......the gifts are a joke and the place is pretty much a graveyard nowadays.

so here i'd like to say to folk come on in here defend the undefendable if you can i know there will be A LOT of people out there you know the "u2 can do no wrong brigade" that will say "well the band have nothing to do with the site"

You are wrong this is u2's "official" website it is in thier name.

Totally disgusted with the way this band has become so greedy over the last few years.

If you don't believe me have a look in the shop.

[quote name='mick james wrote:

basher1 wrote:

bonosbaby25 wrote:

MacFoley']nah it dont bb. it pains me to say this, but u2 are not on top of my live bands list. even if they bring out another tour, there are other bands i want to see next ahead of u2. this is mainly due to the fact i said earlier that my dream was to see them play 3 foot away from me, now that dream has been complete with radio one gig, the myth of u2 has kind of been broken and so up close you see them as 4 blokes. normal blokes. not gods. and with u2 of late i feel they seem to bury themselves in the production side where set lists suffer.

im straying now lol, but yeah. i think if u2 themselves dont get it right in terms of sales etc, i think it will be the end, or could be the end. what else has bono got left to say apart from the things we dont know about already.

and the vinyl is tight!

I know what you mean Mac.. I wasn't blown away by the shows last year.. the very first time that has happened.. I left the gigs feeling empty.. which was scarey.. 

Oi/.....i was at 2 of those with you........boring am i......
tongue.gif

You didn't have that bloody kilt on did ya?

Just the Glasgow one Mick but Dawn didn't go to that one i think she was afraid of me n Gibbo being in kilts....lol

maybe we've been duped into thinking that this is THE fan website, when maybe its really one of the others?

Heya Spice.

I think you just hit the nail on the head.

By all means U2.com should be the best site for a U2 fan to visit.

It's certainly the most expensive one.

And I agree with Mac on the point  -how many of us just use the forum because, heck, we've paid for it?

Don't get me wrong I love chatting to you, and the other girls and boys, but we could always head to another site and have the same fun every night hey?

think i may put my presale code on ebay then...........................(fishing)

Just the Glasgow one Mick but Dawn didn't go to that one i think she was afraid of me n Gibbo being in kilts....lol

Only cause she knew you wouldn't have ya bloody pants on underneath!

That what's wrong with this website folks.

Basher never wears pants.

If only they sold overpriced undies in the U2 shop we could sort the bugger out and fix this whole mess.

the way i feel is i pay by sub, waiting for a gift, only to find the main news page lags, read threads about bono's hair, and once in a while see a vid, which normally is a load of bollocks.

What with all your talking and all our talking, I think this succinctly describes u2.com 

Do we need to say any more?

tongue.gif

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']
LadyBonBon.jpg?t=1269265055

Lady Bon Bon.

That's all I have to say.

he looks quite cute!

LMAO!!!  So you'd like a bit of Poker Face with Lady Bon Bon huh??

laugh.gif

Jeez wait til Basher sees her. It'll be love at first sight!

ye know me too well Mick....

*right click* *print* *laminate for easy cleaning*...........

Since I hooked Bash up with Lady Bon Bon, it's only fair I hook Mac up with Cornwall's finest.

Enjoy your date Mac!

Bonolicker.png?t=1269268980

[quote name='mick james wrote:

basher1 wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']
LadyBonBon.jpg?t=1269265055

Lady Bon Bon.

That's all I have to say.

he looks quite cute!

LMAO!!!  So you'd like a bit of Poker Face with Lady Bon Bon huh??

laugh.gif

Jeez wait til Basher sees her. It'll be love at first sight!

ye know me too well Mick....

*right click* *print* *laminate for easy cleaning*...........

Since I hooked Bash up with Lady Bon Bon, it's only fair I hook Mac up with Cornwall's finest.

Enjoy your date Mac!

Bonolicker.png?t=1269268980

i think i might have to check my pants for piss!

so funny mate! thanks! never mind if its bono's fat head, im looking at those paps!

i think i might have to check my pants for piss!

so funny mate! thanks! never mind if its bono's fat head, im looking at those paps!

Yup!

Even Richard D James looked hot with that rack, beard and all!

And he knows his way around a drum machine too! Perfect guy for some bromance huh?laugh.gif

oh yeah, U2.com grumble grumble.