Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

they posted the dates of the tour when they asked if you wanted to renew...

i dont nescirally (i dont know if i spelt that right) disagree with you...  you make a good point...  your unsatisfied and want it to be working properly. I agree... it should work properly

they posted the dates of the tour when they asked if you wanted to renew...
Not entirely true mate.  They had an early re-subscription last year before many or all of the tour dates were advertised/ announced, and were adding dates after this point.

They also added another show in Salt Lake City at the start of the tour after many had organised to go to Anaheim for what was meant to be the opening night.

i dont nescirally (i dont know if i spelt that right) disagree with you...  you make a good point...  your unsatisfied and want it to be working properly. I agree... it should work properly

nescarsarily :)

Djscottu2,  mate I can assure you that this is just some people who really love U2, that wan't the fanclub to be a good place to come, like it has been in the past.

Cheers mate

Mick 

No problem...  i understand what your saying and dont disagree...  i still enjoy coming here..  ive been a member for 5 - 6 years and a fan for 27 years...

No problem...  i understand what your saying and dont disagree...  i still enjoy coming here..  ive been a member for 5 - 6 years and a fan for 27 years...
Awesome, same here, been a member for 5-6 years, and a fan for 21 years.

And believe or not, I still do enjoy coming here mate, that's why I'm still here :)

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Anjana wrote:

djscottu2']Hey bottom line is...  if your not happy... dont renew. I dont know what you people are looking for...  U2 is a business, just like any band is a business. With the way music/CD sales are today, the music industry is dying. I will resubscribe again. Im not saying your opinions are wrong, but if your that unhappy and dont want to pay... dont renew.  There are a lot of U2 haters out there...  I am still a Huge fan and would hate to see these guys stop doing what they do best,  make great music together. You have a choice wether you want to pay the fee or not, so if you dont like it...  dont renew

I'm with you on this, well said. I'm happy being a part of this site and enjoy it for what it is, a place to be part of a fan community and where I can dip into a world of U2. Personally I don't really care who has an opinion on Bono or the band on any given day in the press or in the pub, who cares! Fact is over 25 years on they still make great music and are still at the top of their game, long may it continue as far as I'm concerned. 

It's funny that many of you can't separate being a fan of the band and enjoying their music, from a poorly managed website.

The two are exclusive from each other.

As for enjoying being part of the U2 community, um.... well we do to yeah?

It's just that 80% of the community has up and pissed off to Facebook, atu2.com and interference.com because of the tech issues and lack of decent content on the official pay site.

Surely Anjana, you'd enjoy this community even more if the many people that used to come here to chat etc, were here still?

Nowdays a thread can sit in the front page for a week and only get a handful of responses.

Wouldn't you enjoy it more if there were many active fans?  I do understand what you are saying and the points you are making and I'm quite capable of understanding the distinction between being a fan of the music and technical problems with a website. Whether you feel you get your money's worth comes down to expectation and for me, apart from the odd glitch, I've had no problems with the site and I have no issues with it, on the whole I get what I want from it. I can understand the frustration of those who do have problems that aren't addressed and I don't see any problem complaining, asking for issues to be addressed, improvements etc but some of us are happy with what we've paid for and there's nothing wrong with that.

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

mick james wrote:

Anjana wrote:

djscottu2']Hey bottom line is...  if your not happy... dont renew. I dont know what you people are looking for...  U2 is a business, just like any band is a business. With the way music/CD sales are today, the music industry is dying. I will resubscribe again. Im not saying your opinions are wrong, but if your that unhappy and dont want to pay... dont renew.  There are a lot of U2 haters out there...  I am still a Huge fan and would hate to see these guys stop doing what they do best,  make great music together. You have a choice wether you want to pay the fee or not, so if you dont like it...  dont renew

I'm with you on this, well said. I'm happy being a part of this site and enjoy it for what it is, a place to be part of a fan community and where I can dip into a world of U2. Personally I don't really care who has an opinion on Bono or the band on any given day in the press or in the pub, who cares! Fact is over 25 years on they still make great music and are still at the top of their game, long may it continue as far as I'm concerned. 

It's funny that many of you can't separate being a fan of the band and enjoying their music, from a poorly managed website.

The two are exclusive from each other.

As for enjoying being part of the U2 community, um.... well we do to yeah?

It's just that 80% of the community has up and pissed off to Facebook, atu2.com and interference.com because of the tech issues and lack of decent content on the official pay site.

Surely Anjana, you'd enjoy this community even more if the many people that used to come here to chat etc, were here still?

Nowdays a thread can sit in the front page for a week and only get a handful of responses.

Wouldn't you enjoy it more if there were many active fans?  
I do understand what you are saying and the points you are making and I'm quite capable of understanding the distinction between being a fan of the music and technical problems with a website. Whether you feel you get your money's worth comes down to expectation and for me, apart from the odd glitch, I've had no problems with the site and I have no issues with it, on the whole I get what I want from it. I can understand the frustration of those who do have problems that aren't addressed and I don't see any problem complaining, asking for issues to be addressed, improvements etc but some of us are happy with what we've paid for and there's nothing wrong with that.

So Anjana,

We agree.

There's nothing wrong with being frustrated and wanting problems fixed.

And there's nothing at all wrong with being completley satisfied with the site as it currently stands.

I'm actually glad you enjoy the site for what it is.

Just tell me, wouldn't you enjoy it even more if everyone else was happy too?

If all the people that have left because of the issues, were still here participating in the Zoo wouldn't we all be, as U2 fans, better off? 

And I do ask this to you respectfully.

I have just read through this thread from start to finish. Very entertaining and informative at the same time. This is the kind of thread that you wish would happen more often.

My 2 cents on the matter with regards to tech problems is that sometimes when I try to go to the U2 shop, it doesn't actually show the stuff for sale. Just boxes with x's all over them that you can't access. Doesn' t bring up the merchandise.

I've never had a problem navigating around the site. But maybe I'm not digging deep enough to run into issues.

I do agree with all the other posts that @U2 has alot of newer info than this site.

I joined this site after Vertigo to make sure I got tickets for the next tour. I was damn lucky to get tickets to the Veritgo show. I got my presale last year and got what I wanted and again this year.

Excellent thread.

Thanks everyone.