Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

humor is the greatest stress reliever on the planet! whenever Im feeling ill with a cold or just stressed out, i come here to kick back and relax, and more often than not, someone here gives me a smile and a laugh and I feel so much better!

In other words, mick and bash are a "Pill"!!! hahahahahahaah!!!
oh great me n mick are a couple of drugs.....marvellous.......

ok ya want a laugh....

Heather Mills is reported to be still distraught at the break up of her marriage to ex hubby and former beatle Sir Paul Mcartney...she was quoted as saying "I still can't believe the way things turned out,he'll never find another woman to fill my shoe!"

they posted the dates of the tour when they asked if you wanted to renew...

no they didnt.

they posted the dates after because there were so many people re-subbing in the uk, not knowing if they would return this year.

it seems that many 'old' members have a prob with acknowledging another view but their own, when it comes to this tour, album, bono's charitywork, and finally this site. and thats a shame....

--------------------------

Yep that was me and i stand by it.....

lets face facts ok $50 to join gets you what????

a site where a lot of stuff has not worked in over a year

an "exclusive subscribers" cd which is being pressed onto vinyl for all and sundry to buy

a pre-sale code for a stadium tour????......it would be useful in an arena tour where space is limited but not a stadium tour you could pick tickets up no problem.

decent lack of news exclusives competitions etc etc etc..

do i really need to go on.

if people are happy with having an under functioning website then fine more fool you. but there are people on here who pay good money and want what it says on the tin........this site should be taken to the trades description offices for misleading people.

point proven, i rest my case......

it seems that many 'old' members have a prob with acknowledging another view but their own, when it comes to this tour, album, bono's charitywork, and finally this site. and thats a shame....

an "exclusive subscribers" cd which is being pressed onto vinyl for all and sundry to buy

a pre-sale code for a stadium tour????......it would be useful in an arena tour where space is limited but not a stadium tour you could pick tickets up no problem.

if people are happy with having an under functioning website then fine more fool you. but there are people on here who pay good money and want what it says on the tin........this site should be taken to the trades description offices for misleading people.

what point have you proved??????........arrogance maybe but nothing to say that what i have started here is wrong....no-one has yet to come up with a decent defence of this place.

i may be an "old" member but ive defended the latest album until im blue in the face......the gigs i went to were great....bonos charity work well not my thing...........but to tar every "old" member with the same brush is wrong.

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

barbara1']

what point have you proved??????........arrogance maybe but nothing to say that what i have started here is wrong....no-one has yet to come up with a decent defence of this place.

maybe some of the "newer" fans have more of a half arsed attitude to the band. i mean when i was a "new" fan back in 85 or whatever everything u2 touched turned to gold, and they COULD do no wrong. maybe this site is good for them and they care just about the music and not $50 cost a year because they like non existing news on the new dvd, videos (which you can watch on youtube) and most importantly, talking to illusional friends (which costs free in the real world)

i dunno..............ohwell.gif

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

sonicfungus98']did someone take offense to the BonoGaga pic?! oh pleaaase....

LAUGH!

Fungy it's mental isn't it.....god help anyone who tries to make fun of the messiah eh.....

before talking BS, can any of you both show me where exactly someone stated to be offended by the lady bo-bo pics ?? i didnt read any post like that on this thread... unless someone deleted it already?

and btw basher, we european didnt pay so much for our subscription and yes it would be nice to have the important u2-news here first, and some interaction by the band would be nice too! and yes i would like the tech-issues for the zootops having trouble with this site to be fixed.... but i also enjoy being here and didnt think it was too expensive ( so shoot me, basher)

fact is that most of us agree bout the headlines of micks letter, but the way you 'out' it turns some people off, and no, you don have to care ... like i don have to care bout your discontent.

Hey bottom line is...  if your not happy... dont renew. I dont know what you people are looking for...  U2 is a business, just like any band is a business. With the way music/CD sales are today, the music industry is dying. I will resubscribe again. Im not saying your opinions are wrong, but if your that unhappy and dont want to pay... dont renew.  There are a lot of U2 haters out there...  I am still a Huge fan and would hate to see these guys stop doing what they do best,  make great music together. You have a choice wether you want to pay the fee or not, so if you dont like it...  dont renew
See now thisd kind of bollocks is the typical cop out i expect from folk who don't have anything to use to defend this place " if your unhappy don't renew" right throughout this last week or so a lot of folk have been trying to act in the best interests of thier friends then we get a twat like you come along with the often used "well leave" NO you leave go on.....

don't vcome onto here and tell people not to come here who the hell are you to do that????????

thats was not my point...  i understand people are unhappy and dont want to pay $50.00. if you read on with me and micks discussion/debate, you will see that i do agree with him...  i am not having the same issues as others and wasnt aware of some of the issues. My point is this...  when i renewed...  i was promised codes and a CD and access to the site  for a renewal fee of (i believe i paid $30.00 to renew it was back in October so im not 100% sure of that, but i know i didnt pay a full price to renew) anyway...  i got my codes my cd and my access to the site...  i may not be able to use the e-mail  but to tell you the truth that doesnt bother me much.  i got what i paid for...  all im saying is this...  If Your THAT unhappy with the site, yes its ok to complain, i didnt say it wasnt...  but if your complaining gets you know where and your still that unhappy.. you have a choice...  do i want to continue contributing my hard earned money to a sit im NOT happy with... if it were me, as big of a fan as i am....  if i was Unhappy with the site i would leave and not pay the cash....  im not against your opinion. Im unaware of people not being able to sign on, i havent had those issues  and if i did and i paid the money.. then id be pissed too...  if i didnt get the presale codes id be pissed too... if i didnt recieve the CD  id be pissed too..... 

The first few pages of this post are pretty harsh though in my opinion. Thats why im saying i dont know what you people were expecting when you signed up to this web site, Access, Presale Codes, and a CD... i understand some people have codes to a tour that isnt coming to your area... im in the same boat... i was hoping they would add a Boston show and they didnt  so i still have my codes... but im not bitter about it...  they arent going to come to Boston just for me because i paid $30.00 to renew my subscription... i should have waited to renew when there was a definite Boston show...  but i didnt renew just for presale codes...  i renewed as a Fan of a band i love to listen to and admire...  I never said "Dont come on here"  heres a scenario... you go out to dinner  you buy a steak... its tough and grissly... you complain  you dont like it... nothing happens... you go back the next week...  you buy a steak...  its tough and grissly... you complain you dont like it...  nothing happens...  would you go back again?

Im not unhappy with the site... my "steak" is pretty good... my point is...  if your that Unhappy why would you renew?