Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

djscottu2']MacFoley you obviously dont get the point im trying to make.... If the Chef didnt get the bollocks...  and nothing changes even after the complaints....  would you go back to the resteraunt again?? where as  theres a guy sitting next to you, its his favorite resteraunt... his steak seems fine to him....   dont be mad at me  cause i dont seem to have a problem with the web site, im not mad at you, because you are eating a bad steak...  i feel bad for you.. and i dont mind you complaining.  But some people are complaining because Bono is trying to help people in Africa who are Dying from AIDS when they dont have to... think about those poor people... and then i could go on about the fact that these people are complaining about some technical difficulties with there web site... they should be thanking god they arent one of these people in Africa. but thats a different story  and not my point.... my point is once again...  IF THEY DONT FIX THE PROBLEMS SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO BE EXPERIENCING, WHY WOULD YOU RENEW IF YOUR UNHAPPY... THAT DOESNT MEAN IM SAYING "DONT COME HERE"  I NEVER SAID THOSE WORDS  AND IM SORRY IF ANYONE TOOK IT THAT WAY. I like reading peoples posts and contributing my own opinion... nobody has to agree with my opinion...  I do agree id be angry, and upset too if i paid for something and wasnt getting what i paid for...  but i feel for $30.00 a year the membership is worth it....  i could care less if they want to make money on a Vinyl copy of the CD i recieved...  the people that would buy that.. are the people who are members on the web site anyway. Its a collectors item for Fans and collectors.  To get angry about it seems worthless to me. I thought about buying it myself, but decided not to. For those of you who want to buy it, thats your choice, i already bought my CD copy when i renewed. For those of you who are angry at them for trying to make money, i dont quite understand why your so angry...  why cant they try to sell it as a collectors item, to fans who want it? The Music Industry is a business. If you owned a business would you give stuff away?  If you thinks its to expensive  do what i did... dont buy it... its the same thing with the web site memebership...  if you think its to expensive...  dont buy it

you'll find it''s $50 for membership now.

but the whole point in all this is to try and get the place fixed so folk will renew.

now there are many problems here i think most people agree on that one, thing is the longer it goes on the more folk will get fed up, but if people at least try to get something done about it then no-one cany say "no-one tried".

i just wanna say and it wont help but it's all a bunch of ARSE

but yes I always go along with the idea if u don't say anything then nothing will happen not that I ever follow my advice eyes.gif

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

djscottu2']MacFoley you obviously dont get the point im trying to make.... If the Chef didnt get the bollocks...  and nothing changes even after the complaints....  would you go back to the resteraunt again?? where as  theres a guy sitting next to you, its his favorite resteraunt... his steak seems fine to him....   dont be mad at me  cause i dont seem to have a problem with the web site, im not mad at you, because you are eating a bad steak...  i feel bad for you.. and i dont mind you complaining.  But some people are complaining because Bono is trying to help people in Africa who are Dying from AIDS when they dont have to... think about those poor people... and then i could go on about the fact that these people are complaining about some technical difficulties with there web site... they should be thanking god they arent one of these people in Africa. but thats a different story  and not my point.... my point is once again...  IF THEY DONT FIX THE PROBLEMS SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO BE EXPERIENCING, WHY WOULD YOU RENEW IF YOUR UNHAPPY... THAT DOESNT MEAN IM SAYING "DONT COME HERE"  I NEVER SAID THOSE WORDS  AND IM SORRY IF ANYONE TOOK IT THAT WAY. I like reading peoples posts and contributing my own opinion... nobody has to agree with my opinion...  I do agree id be angry, and upset too if i paid for something and wasnt getting what i paid for...  but i feel for $30.00 a year the membership is worth it....  i could care less if they want to make money on a Vinyl copy of the CD i recieved...  the people that would buy that.. are the people who are members on the web site anyway. Its a collectors item for Fans and collectors.  To get angry about it seems worthless to me. I thought about buying it myself, but decided not to. For those of you who want to buy it, thats your choice, i already bought my CD copy when i renewed. For those of you who are angry at them for trying to make money, i dont quite understand why your so angry...  why cant they try to sell it as a collectors item, to fans who want it? The Music Industry is a business. If you owned a business would you give stuff away?  If you thinks its to expensive  do what i did... dont buy it... its the same thing with the web site memebership...  if you think its to expensive...  dont buy it

you'll find it''s $50 for membership now.

but the whole point in all this is to try and get the place fixed so folk will renew.

now there are many problems here i think most people agree on that one, thing is the longer it goes on the more folk will get fed up, but if people at least try to get something done about it then no-one cany say "no-one tried".

i just wanna say and it wont help but it's all a bunch of ARSE

but yes I always go along with the idea if u don't say anything then nothing will happen not that I ever follow my advice eyes.gif

sorry for the double post

it's all good Scott i thought i was going mad there for a minute.

i agree with your last post Basher1  ...  theres no problem with complaining your problems abouth the difficulites of the site to get things done.. you are right... but to complain about "the Messiah" as some have called Bono...  that just seems weird to me, to complain about somebody who tries to help others...  you dont have to agree with Bono, but you dont have to be a jerk about it.

MacFoley you obviously dont get the point im trying to make.... If the Chef didnt get the bollocks...  and nothing changes even after the complaints....  would you go back to the resteraunt again?? where as  theres a guy sitting next to you, its his favorite resteraunt... his steak seems fine to him....   dont be mad at me  cause i dont seem to have a problem with the web site, im not mad at you, because you are eating a bad steak...  i feel bad for you.. and i dont mind you complaining.  But some people are complaining because Bono is trying to help people in Africa who are Dying from AIDS when they dont have to... think about those poor people... and then i could go on about the fact that these people are complaining about some technical difficulties with there web site... they should be thanking god they arent one of these people in Africa. but thats a different story  and not my point.... my point is once again...  IF THEY DONT FIX THE PROBLEMS SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO BE EXPERIENCING, WHY WOULD YOU RENEW IF YOUR UNHAPPY... THAT DOESNT MEAN IM SAYING "DONT COME HERE"  I NEVER SAID THOSE WORDS  AND IM SORRY IF ANYONE TOOK IT THAT WAY. I like reading peoples posts and contributing my own opinion... nobody has to agree with my opinion...  I do agree id be angry, and upset too if i paid for something and wasnt getting what i paid for...  but i feel for $30.00 a year the membership is worth it....  i could care less if they want to make money on a Vinyl copy of the CD i recieved...  the people that would buy that.. are the people who are members on the web site anyway. Its a collectors item for Fans and collectors.  To get angry about it seems worthless to me. I thought about buying it myself, but decided not to. For those of you who want to buy it, thats your choice, i already bought my CD copy when i renewed. For those of you who are angry at them for trying to make money, i dont quite understand why your so angry...  why cant they try to sell it as a collectors item, to fans who want it? The Music Industry is a business. If you owned a business would you give stuff away?  If you thinks its to expensive  do what i did... dont buy it... its the same thing with the web site memebership...  if you think its to expensive...  dont buy it
i do get your point, you are happy with the service good for you.

havent you already got most of the songs on the new remix cd anyhow? and couldnt you have the same converstaions on other u2 sites? and you could have pre-sale codes for the 360 shows through other sites away from u2.com? a very good point has been brought up also on the thread downstairs on REM and they way they run their site and care for the fans for the cost of $10. ok u2 is a business now, which is a shame, and the point of this thread all comes to what bash is saying about u2 should remember where they are from, where they came from and how everything connected with u2, if you want it you have to pay for it.

looking at new bands also like MGMT, their album leeked, and they put it on the site for fans to listen to than rather download it themselves where it isnt even out yet.

anyway as i said, your happy so all is good. pay on!

i agree with your last post Basher1  ...  theres no problem with complaining your problems abouth the difficulites of the site to get things done.. you are right... but to complain about "the Messiah" as some have called Bono...  that just seems weird to me, to complain about somebody who tries to help others...  you dont have to agree with Bono, but you dont have to be a jerk about it.
ok i give in here again.....

whats the messiah thing?????.....

this is the "official" u2 website yes....in u2's name u2's reputation........therefore u2's partly responsible that something that uses thier name is functioning properly.

the way some folk go on it's as if i've said "i hate this band they are shite bonos a wank" and all that kind of thing....now to me these are the people who could not be arsed reading the whole thread because as has been stated many many times those of us that have started all this stuff up Me, Mac and Mick mainly have stated clearly that we love this band but some choose to ignore that.

well  we have something in common then Basher...  i love this band too...  and i hope your technical complaints get heard.

basher is complaining about techical complaints is he?!? he was stating how the band are greedy and their own website still not fully functional since it was put back on air with release of the new album. and how they have pumped up the sub fee to $50?!?

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

Nancy_Hanks']

As always Mick, you rocked those responses to djscottu2 and Anjana. You see that Barbara says the same as I about you being respectful and friendly in your posts :P When people get kicked in the teeth by some of the other passionate posters in this thread, they just put their fingers in their ears and leave the thread. Your approach is much more effective.

Hardly!  Expressed a view. Just don't entirely agree. Done. 

Yet on 3 occasions when I respectfully asked you the question "wouldn't this place be better for everyone if the site was improved" you couldn't answer.

All you could come up with was you wanted to be here with people that "wanted to be here".

Lame