Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

and to add...................

i would stop paying, it wouldnt bother me to be honest. and here is why..............................

1. i can still come into the free section and talk the same bollocks here as i can downstairs! without it costing me a penny. i also feel that even though its dead up here when the band are not touring, there is more life in atu2 forum and interference. and when the band is not touring downstairs in paid section, is even deader, not enough to convince me to pay the money eh?

2. pre-sale codes and tickets you can purchase away from u2.com. plenty of venue sites you can purchase tickets. im sure we have gained enough friends on here to purchase tickets for us. if the worst comes to the worst, there is ebay. there are ways of seeing u2 without presale codes. and as i said when they are not touring, a presale code is just an added bonus.

3. the precious cd gift. as mick mentions above most of the tracks are already out, ok for collectors its nice, but again, im sure we have plenty of friends on here who would let go of their copy and send us one, or if the worst comes to the worst there is always ebay. a gift like a t-shirt would be good, slane castle gift was the best yet and the best thought out gift.

4. the shop, anyone can use the shop. and again im sure if you wanted something from the shop, again we have made enough friends on here to send an email and use paypal if you wanted something so badly without getting your feet dirty stepping in the dreaded shop. but the i notice on play.com they were selling u2 tee's for £5.00 GBP each, which we ordered for me for xmas and here on my doorstep 2-4 days later.

im really trying hard to defend this site/forum/ whatever apart from "oh its a cool place to hang out" (this is for this years subcription also)

so now i have presale code i cant use. whats up with that? and a remix cd collecting dust which i might listen to if i take a load of lsd and want something to laugh at. but hey! i paid i can grumble all i like!!!!

[quote name='bonosbaby25 wrote:

djscottu2']no problem MacFoley. I understand it was having a sense of humor, i just didnt read it that way at first. like i said to Mick.  You all make great points on how this site/membership should work and would be a better place if it worked they way its supposed to.... and i agree with all the points you have made. But i was a little put off by the face that just because im satisfied with what i want to get out of this website, doesnt mean im a "worshipper"...  my point was what happens if/when it doesnt change...  would you renew?? not necessarily...  if you dont like it leave...  i was more or less saying... if it doesnt change, because  U2 are now owned by Live Nation, who i dont know, if they care enough to make changes.
Would you leave or keep paying the fee because of the 3 big perks CD, PRESALE CODES, ACCES TO THIS FORUM.
And if you would stay and keep paying, why would they spend the money to change it.

Hi Scott.. I have been a member of this site for a long time.. I used to post regularily on here. Just lately I have become disillusioned with the place. I am thinking of letting my membership go after this year, and the reasons for that are the reasons you say are the big perks.. The cd.. well, I re-subbed in october and I still haven't received it.. the pre-sale codes.. that has become useless for me.. I live in the UK and the band announced AFTER I re-subbed that they wouldn't be playing any gigs in the UK or Ireland.. and the access to the forum.. well, you can access the free side without paying a membership.. so really.. there doesn't seem any reason for me to re-sub

Dawn x

really bb, you cant use the free section without paying?!?!

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

bonosbaby25 wrote:

djscottu2']no problem MacFoley. I understand it was having a sense of humor, i just didnt read it that way at first. like i said to Mick.  You all make great points on how this site/membership should work and would be a better place if it worked they way its supposed to.... and i agree with all the points you have made. But i was a little put off by the face that just because im satisfied with what i want to get out of this website, doesnt mean im a "worshipper"...  my point was what happens if/when it doesnt change...  would you renew?? not necessarily...  if you dont like it leave...  i was more or less saying... if it doesnt change, because  U2 are now owned by Live Nation, who i dont know, if they care enough to make changes.
Would you leave or keep paying the fee because of the 3 big perks CD, PRESALE CODES, ACCES TO THIS FORUM.
And if you would stay and keep paying, why would they spend the money to change it.

Hi Scott.. I have been a member of this site for a long time.. I used to post regularily on here. Just lately I have become disillusioned with the place. I am thinking of letting my membership go after this year, and the reasons for that are the reasons you say are the big perks.. The cd.. well, I re-subbed in october and I still haven't received it.. the pre-sale codes.. that has become useless for me.. I live in the UK and the band announced AFTER I re-subbed that they wouldn't be playing any gigs in the UK or Ireland.. and the access to the forum.. well, you can access the free side without paying a membership.. so really.. there doesn't seem any reason for me to re-sub

Dawn x

really bb, you cant use the free section without paying?!?!

lol cheeky Mac.. x

and to add...................

i would stop paying, it wouldnt bother me to be honest. and here is why..............................

1. i can still come into the free section and talk the same bollocks here as i can downstairs! without it costing me a penny. i also feel that even though its dead up here when the band are not touring, there is more life in atu2 forum and interference. and when the band is not touring downstairs in paid section, is even deader, not enough to convince me to pay the money eh?

2. pre-sale codes and tickets you can purchase away from u2.com. plenty of venue sites you can purchase tickets. im sure we have gained enough friends on here to purchase tickets for us. if the worst comes to the worst, there is ebay. there are ways of seeing u2 without presale codes. and as i said when they are not touring, a presale code is just an added bonus.

3. the precious cd gift. as mick mentions above most of the tracks are already out, ok for collectors its nice, but again, im sure we have plenty of friends on here who would let go of their copy and send us one, or if the worst comes to the worst there is always ebay. a gift like a t-shirt would be good, slane castle gift was the best yet and the best thought out gift.

4. the shop, anyone can use the shop. and again im sure if you wanted something from the shop, again we have made enough friends on here to send an email and use paypal if you wanted something so badly without getting your feet dirty stepping in the dreaded shop. but the i notice on play.com they were selling u2 tee's for £5.00 GBP each, which we ordered for me for xmas and here on my doorstep 2-4 days later.

im really trying hard to defend this site/forum/ whatever apart from "oh its a cool place to hang out" (this is for this years subcription also)

so now i have presale code i cant use. whats up with that? and a remix cd collecting dust which i might listen to if i take a load of lsd and want something to laugh at. but hey! i paid i can grumble all i like!!!!

gotta say i agree on point 1 Mac does talk bollocks.......roll.gif

BTW, when you do complain about value vs money, when you curse and use foul language or insult the intelligence of those that run this site, it will get you nowhere as they just tune you guys out. Logical, calm, and rational arguments are the only way.

so in the interests of making this place better any chance we could do this folks???????????

Absolutely.  This is what I've been saying (or trying to say) all along.

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

basher1']

BTW, when you do complain about value vs money, when you curse and use foul language or insult the intelligence of those that run this site, it will get you nowhere as they just tune you guys out. Logical, calm, and rational arguments are the only way.

so in the interests of making this place better any chance we could do this folks???????????

Absolutely.  This is what I've been saying (or trying to say) all along.

Have ye.......tongue.gif

mick james wrote: 

Hi mate, I was agreeing with you
happy.gif

Cheers

Cool!

What I also find totally disgraceful, everyone, is that people who subscribe won´t get their free CD offer. It happened to me some years ago when I still lived in Brazil and it has recently happened to a friend in Rio. She subscribed on Nov 4 and still hasn´t received it. I contacted Fanfire on her behalf today. Let´s see what they say. 

all i want for christmas is my Aftifical Horizon CD

it is stupid if people can't get them! We are all fans aren't we?

Re: value for $$$ for sub fee

yet more news coming out from other sources about release date of 360 DVD from other sources.

Why is that?

I hope they are kidding about the £113 for a "super delux" version coz that really is taking the piss IMHO

and I thought we were supposed to have more info on DVD this monday which was YESTERDAY! ¬_¬