Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

I hope they are kidding about the £113 for a "super delux" version coz that really is taking the piss IMHO

and I thought we were supposed to have more info on DVD this monday which was YESTERDAY! ¬_¬

really is taking the piss claire. all in all i still see plenty of super deluxe box sets of no line in hmv, just sitting there collecting dust at the cost of nearly £50. how the hell are they going to shift copies at £150 retail price. the £113 is amazon's price eh!

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Claire T']I hope they are kidding about the £113 for a "super delux" version coz that really is taking the piss IMHO

and I thought we were supposed to have more info on DVD this monday which was YESTERDAY! ¬_¬

really is taking the piss claire. all in all i still see plenty of super deluxe box sets of no line in hmv, just sitting there collecting dust at the cost of nearly £50. how the hell are they going to shift copies at £150 retail price. the £113 is amazon's price eh!

As someone who loves to collect music (I blame my Dad for this lol!) over £100 for 2 dvds is a lot and more than I can afford - even if I was working full time! Hell, it is the same price a two seated tickets for a concert, and I know what I'd prefer to buy! 

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Claire T']I hope they are kidding about the £113 for a "super delux" version coz that really is taking the piss IMHO

As someone who loves to collect music (I blame my Dad for this lol!) over £100 for 2 dvds is a lot and more than I can afford - even if I was working full time! Hell, it is the same price a two seated tickets for a concert, and I know what I'd prefer to buy! im going to wait a year, it can wait. it will drop in price. i havent got MUG written on my head.

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

As someone who loves to collect music (I blame my Dad for this lol!) over £100 for 2 dvds is a lot and more than I can afford - even if I was working full time! Hell, it is the same price a two seated tickets for a concert, and I know what I'd prefer to buy! 
im going to wait a year, it can wait. it will drop in price. i havent got MUG written on my head.

Or disposable income written there either!!

MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

im going to wait a year, it can wait. it will drop in price. i havent got MUG written on my head.

Or disposable income written there either!!so lets add this up shall we............

£30-40 to sub

£30 for vinyl

£50 for a ticket

£10 for a programme

£20 for a t-shirt

£20 average on cd singles from no line

£170 spent in the year on u2 for me, thats just a rough job, not including more albums in the year along the way. not including petrol to get to the venue, food, tickets for my boys............all adds up eh!

and that is nothing compared to what other zootops have spent.

and to add another £113 ontop, i simply cant afford, and even if i could i wouldnt pay that price.frown.gif

The only way they could justify that price would be to include concert tickets in the box.

Or someone will jump out of the boxset on Thursday screaming "April Fools!!!"

But after seeing that bit in the ad (which still hasn't been mentioned on this website) about a special new format. who knows?

but if it is april fools mate, then why are amazon letting people purchase it now? surely it would not go THAT far would it?

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

so lets add this up shall we............

£30-40 to sub

£30 for vinyl

£50 for a ticket

£10 for a programme

£20 for a t-shirt

£170 spent in the year on u2 for me, thats just a rough job, not including more albums in the year along the way. not including petrol to get to the venue, food, tickets for my boys............all adds up eh!

and to add another £113 ontop, i simply cant afford, and even if i could i wouldnt pay that price.frown.gif

Add on to that the flights to Dublin last summer (made a holiday of it though as have friends there) and getting down to Wembley and Sheffield and then frankfurt, 3 red zone tickets for Hannover (ouch!!! but will be worth it!) and then a trip to Vienna too with tickets (always have a trip away with friends that time of year so only ticket really!). My choices to go to so many shows, but would much prefer to spend my hard earned money on actually seeing them in the flesh than on a dvd. To me that seems more value for money.

but if it is april fools mate, then why are amazon letting people purchase it now? surely it would not go THAT far would it?
True.

And it says the rrp is 151 pounds!!!!

That's over $400 Australian by the way.

So that;s 100 beers at the pub!laugh.gif

MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

so lets add this up shall we............

£30-40 to sub

£30 for vinyl

£50 for a ticket

£10 for a programme

£20 for a t-shirt

and to add another £113 ontop, i simply cant afford, and even if i could i wouldnt pay that price.
frown.gif

Add on to that the flights to Dublin last summer (made a holiday of it though as have friends there) and getting down to Wembley and Sheffield and then frankfurt, 3 red zone tickets for Hannover (ouch!!! but will be worth it!) and then a trip to Vienna too with tickets (always have a trip away with friends that time of year so only ticket really!). My choices to go to so many shows, but would much prefer to spend my hard earned money on actually seeing them in the flesh than on a dvd. To me that seems more value for money.i envy people like you who go to other countries to see them. my next u2 dream is to see them in ireland. but looks like your CC took some battering on u2 in the past year!