MICK JAMES the MASHER!

MacFoley

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

mick james wrote:

tracy c.']Was a lovely chat today with all of you...I am off to go home for my lunch/work out/GA training break....so wish I had these on my ipod for today to work out too!

Mick, I can't wait for the MUSE remixes....but no pressure :-).

Have a great day T, and love hearing from you as always!

It's nearly 3.30am here!

I'd best get into bed myself. Look forward to hearing from you soon

xx

You'll soon to be have to be getting up at that time!  tongue.gif

Cheryl, I think he is practicing :-)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

MacFoley']ah you cant beat a bit of wagon christ mate! amazing stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and have you heard the tuss? they are from cornwall too. again incredible electro.

I have The Tuss - I'm a HUUUGGGE Warp and Rephlex fan.  Autechre, Squarepusher, LFO, Richey and Luke etc etc.

Now mate I was under the impression the The Tuss was Richard D James in disguise as a brother and sister duo - have you heard that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_tuss

As for a colaboration with you Mac, yes!

I would bloody love to!

Some back and forth track sending from one side of the world to the other could be brilliant fun mate, and I think we may have very similar taste in electro - I make a lot of Warp/Rephlex inspired stuff too.

Bring it on dude!

ok mate! lets do it! ill upload some stuff tomorrow at some point!

i dont believe aphex is the tuss, could well be, but i dont think so. caustic window and polygon window have the aphex sound, where as the tuss i dont know!

would be awesome to get some of your sounds onto mine, i think it will be a rhythm orgy! (one of the names of my songs!)

ill upload some ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Subscriber

Good morning fans of Mick's Mashups....I went and downloaded "Kids" and "Time to Pretend" to my ipod....I remember U2 played both of those songs before the their shows...only place I have ever heard them :-)....and I likey likey :-).

Any other suggestions?

• Subscriber

Hi Mick,

I dont normally venture over this side of Zootopia, I'm more often on the Blog side.

Anyway, I am completley blown away by your remixes. I am not a fan of Electro / Dance music, (still havent listened to AH!)

But if it sounds half as good as yours I'll give it a go.

Brilliant stuff.

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley']ah you cant beat a bit of wagon christ mate! amazing stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and have you heard the tuss? they are from cornwall too. again incredible electro.

I have The Tuss - I'm a HUUUGGGE Warp and Rephlex fan.  Autechre, Squarepusher, LFO, Richey and Luke etc etc.

Now mate I was under the impression the The Tuss was Richard D James in disguise as a brother and sister duo - have you heard that?

As for a colaboration with you Mac, yes!

I would bloody love to!

Some back and forth track sending from one side of the world to the other could be brilliant fun mate, and I think we may have very similar taste in electro - I make a lot of Warp/Rephlex inspired stuff too.

Bring it on dude!

ok mate! lets do it! ill upload some stuff tomorrow at some point!

i dont believe aphex is the tuss, could well be, but i dont think so. caustic window and polygon window have the aphex sound, where as the tuss i dont know!

would be awesome to get some of your sounds onto mine, i think it will be a rhythm orgy! (one of the names of my songs!)

ill upload some ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to it mate!

On the Tuss - all the tracks are published to Richard David James.  I'm pretty sure it's him.

I think he just wanted to release an anonomous album, with out all the pressure and preconceptions that have been applied to his name. That's the problem when you become such a legend. same thing happed to DJ Shadow.

That being said, there from your town mate, so if you say no, then you'd have a pretty good idea I'm sure!

Looking forward to hearing your stuff!

• Subscriber

Hi Mick,

I dont normally venture over this side of Zootopia, I'm more often on the Blog side.

Anyway, I am completley blown away by your remixes. I am not a fan of Electro / Dance music, (still havent listened to AH!)

But if it sounds half as good as yours I'll give it a go.

Brilliant stuff.

Well cheers very much mate!

I just do it as a hobby, so for you to enjoy it makes it all worthwile!

And give AH a go. I think peeps are often put off by remixes. I just find it interesting to here how different people re-interpret tracks.

See you soon!

• Subscriber

[quote name='tracy c. wrote:

mick james']

�� Guess who loves this???!!� She thought it was brilliant!� And The Fly remix...well, u even impressed her with that one too and that is U2!!!!�Awesome!!!!!!!

If Marianne thinks that old bloke from down -under is cool then I must be doing something right!!!!

Send my love to Marianne, T!!roll.gif