U2.com Renewal mess up!

Claire T

According to @u2 on twitter U2.com are sending out renewals to people when they don't need to renew!

http://forum.atu2.com/index.php/topic,11298.0.html

Make sure you know  renewal dates and don't do anything unless you know you have to! simple way of doing this is to look in your Account Info it should say there! Specially if you renewed last year for a new presale as far as I know  you don't need to renew till 2011 now!

Thank you

oh and @u2 are looking into this unless anyone says anything here then i'll keep this updated!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Yes I got this e mail this morning & I re newed last fall!! I am bummed as this means my Artificial Horizon will be lost & or delayed getting to me. I did contact U2.com today & will patiently wait for them to straighten out this latest fiasco. :)

• Subscriber

I to have recieved this email message when  my membership not due to expire until Dec 2010 ( resubscribed early re Pre-Sale etc). However I,m assuming U2.com will be looking into it as they no doubt are aware of this issue now so not worrying to

muchsick.gif

I've got the same message; I resubscribed on the 11th of October 2009.  Should be a mistake I suppose?

I haven't yet received Artificial Horizon.

AH is on it's way to people depending on where you live could take a while!

Also looks like emails were a mistake and you don't have to renew someone phoned fan fire up and they said they had the right details and dates on their computers so yes unless you know you have to no need to renew yet!

from @u2.com

Thanks to all who've emailed about this -- we got the same emails, too. U2.com/Fanfire is sending out emails telling members that their U2.com membership will expire in 30 days, even though everyone renewed within the last few months. Via Aaron of U2wanderer.org posting on Twitter, Fanfire is aware of the mistake. You can login to U2.com, click ACCOUNT INFO at the top of the page, and on your profile you should see a correct expiration date for your membership. It looks like expiration dates have changed for some users, possibly due to the fan club asking members not to renew too early late last year. There's a thread about all this in our forum if you'd like to join the discussion.

can i get a fail whale plz!